I will admit... I am SCARED to lose weight!! *possible TMI?

Options

Replies

• watchtheworld
    Options
    I'm sorry but I think this is ridiculous. Pregnancy is something you can control. Condoms, vasectomy, etc.

This.
  • Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    The pull out method is always safe :drinker:

Not always. Pre-cum can sometimes contain sperm and there's no way for a man to control the release.

Actually, it can only contain sperm from a previous ejaculation. If the guy urinated since the last time then it's fine. The problem with it is some guys will wait too long to pull out. It has a 4% failure rate when used correctly though. Condoms have a 2% failure rate with perfect use.

It's not necessarily a terrible method if you're in a long term committed relationship and have regular cycles. You can combine it with fertility awareness giving yourself a pretty low chance of getting pregnant.

I agree with this. No one method is 100% secure. Combine two and you may have a better chance at remaining in control of your fertility.

For those who call the OP irresponsible and claim she is 'producing unwanted children' go back and read through everything she has written. Her hcildren were very much wanted. Also not wanting to have more children doesn't mean that a child once concieved is unwanted.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try an iud? Some of the copper ones don't have hormones.

I used the Mirena after my first child and packed on a LOT of weight... it also caused killer ovulation pains and cramping. I'm scared to try the copper IUD and have the same issues!!

The great thing about the copper one is there are no hormones involved. Google for info but I think they are a great idea.

I use the copper one & apart from the discomfort of having it placed it's caused me no problems at all. Give it a try.
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Condoms - each and every time.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this ridiculous - seriously, PNP is NOT a legitimate form of birth control; it's the first lesson you learn in sex ed :laugh: If he's ok with wearing a condom sometimes, he should be ok with wearing one all the time.
  • andimlovegalore
    andimlovegalore Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I literally can't believe the number of people who use this pull out method. I've been told since high school that it was a really ineffective method of contraception (and also if you're not with a single partner then won't protect you against STDs).

I did some reading online just now and it says that it's mostly down to how good the man is at judging when he has to pull out. But the thought of that is really scary to me, like I trust my boyfriend but I would never risk him making a slight timing error while incredibly distracted = unwanted baby.

I don't like hormonal birth controls either because they mess with my head, but I use a condom every single time I have sex without fail. What's the point in only wearing a condom some of the time? =/
  • misschubbybutterfly
    Options
    Definitely go the copper IUD. Ask your doctor about them. Or you could go with good old condoms. I think pregnancy is too important to leave to chance.

I have it! It's awsome! No hormores=no side effects of hormonal bc. Your bleeding is a tad irregular, but it's been 2 years of baby free, no condom awsome sex!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I have 2 children from PNP.

I don't mean to sound rude, but if you don't want anymore kids, either stop having sex, use condoms EVERY TIME or get snipped.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I have 2 children from PNP.

I don't mean to sound rude, but if you don't want anymore kids, either stop having sex, use condoms EVERY TIME or get snipped.

You must be really bad at it and didn't follow any of the recommendation on how to PNP because condoms are not that much better at preventing pregnancy.
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    ..... we use PNP but man am I scared I will end up pregnant again and we do not want anymore kids!!

Does PNP seriously stand for "pull and pray!"?? I hope that's a joke, otherwise that may just be the stupidest statement I've seen on MFP to date, sorry. Why would any woman be surprised if she got pregnant utilizing that method? Honestly I'm thinking the OP is just joking?
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    if you don't want more kids and you can't do hormonal, then you have three options. copper IUD; barrier method (condoms, sponge, diaphram); snip.

if you REALLY are done and want NO chance of more kids, have your husband get snipped (most US docs won't do a tubal on a woman who is under 35). if he refuses, give him a baby name book for father's day. b/c either a vas. or two barriers are the only way to really be sure.

PNP is NOT birth control. most of us learned this in high school. PNP is really short for "hey, let's get married at 17". please talk to your OB/GYN about actual birth control methods if you don't want more kids.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    pretty sure it's the sex causing the pregnancies. regardless of your weight loss, you should be using some form of birth control if you don't want to be pregnant.
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    ..... we use PNP but man am I scared I will end up pregnant again and we do not want anymore kids!!

Does PNP seriously stand for "pull and pray!"?? I hope that's a joke, otherwise that may just be the stupidest statement I've seen on MFP to date, sorry. Why would any woman be surprised if she got pregnant utilizing that method? Honestly I'm thinking the OP is just joking?

Completely agree
  • stratusofkiser
    stratusofkiser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Have your husband get neutered! lol. Thats what we did, I was to young to get it done so he did his :) NO more babies for us!
  • MelHoneyRocks
    Options
    totally makes ssens..you lose weight, you get hotter and your husband is all over you....I get it.
    Tie those tubes!!
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Consider getting snipped (you or him), copper iud, or barrier methods. NOT getting pregnant is easier than losing weight....wrap it before you slap it and it wont matter what your hormones are doing. Ovulating doesn't equal pregnancy, having unprotected sex does.
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too.... I have PCOS, and got pregnant (ONE THE PILL) after starting Metformin and losing some weight. Second time around I dropped weight and BOOM.... pregnant again. Third time, (BACK ON THE PILL) started weight watchers, and Oops.... happened again.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    What's PNP?

If you don't want any more kids, use condoms, get your tubes tied or ask your partner to get a vasectomy. Getting pregnant has no correlation to losing weight, it just seems that way because it happened that way.

I can't use bc either; not being able to use bc shouldn't mean you have to pop out children (I'm child-free!) Just be more careful!

^^This. Is it that you feel sexier when you lose weight and sexy time ensues? You just have to be more careful.

Sexy time!!!! :laugh:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but I think this is ridiculous. Pregnancy is something you can control. Condoms, vasectomy, etc.
    this.
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    I don't have PCOS, but I too suffer HORRIBLE side effects from the hormonal types of birth control (extreme weight gain, head and body aches, etc), I had the Mirena IUD and had awful problems, but I switched to the copper, hormone free IUD and have had it for about 2 years and have had no problems! And on the plus side it can stay in place for up to 10 years! :) Good luck!