650 LB Virgin Regains His Weight Back!!!

Options
NYChick84
NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
I didn't know where to post this....but I'm just curious as to what everyone's thoughts are about it?? I hope he does lose the weight this time and keep it off for good.

Unfortunately, food is is drug...it's a very hard addiction to overcome because it's something we MUST have in order to live......

Here is the article and video:

http://fitperez.com/2012-06-06-650-pound-virgin-regains-his-weight/?from=PH

Replies

• freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    When is it going to be on TLC next?

That channel has all the best train wrecky-shows.
  • RoonieV
    RoonieV Posts: 19
    Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2155472/The-way-Im-going-Im-going-live-longer-Why-TVs-650lb-Virgin--lost-400lbs-love--morbidly-obese-more.html

I saw this on the Today Show this morning and felt so bad for him - he really needs a good support group.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Do you think the article's claim that 2/3rds of ppl who lose weight gain MORE weight back than they lost over a time prd of 4-5 years? That would be awful. I am committed to not being one of that 66%. I've spent enough of my life being fatty fat butt.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I want to know where were the doctors when he started gaining so much weight back ?? He gained over 250lbs in 2 years!!! Why didn't someone stop him or do an intervention......he knew how hard it was to lose the 400lbs in the first place....why put yourself through all that misery again???I am praying for him....always...
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    This hits home for me. The only thing, is that I never gained that much weight. Or turned to drugs.

Though, let's hope this time he realizes whats really bothering and get that foundation. I wish him well in this.

Though with this kind of..of...of..sickness it isn't that easy. Doctors won't help you because you're in self denial. The only way to get back on track is to wake up to the fact and finally deal with your troubles.

No matter how small or big they all.

Yet, everyone leaving him was just wrong. At lest his girlfriend stuck through with him. That's decidation.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    While it wasn't that rapid, I lost 140 lbs using weight watchers and a gym membership about 7 years ago. Gained 115 of it back in around 5 years so I know how hard it was. The problem with weight watchers is that you don't learn how to live differently. It controls things for you but not in any normal healthy way. And it certainly doesn't teach you what to do AFTER you hit you goal weight.

I believe you really do have to fix the inside first like he says on the video. I only lost the weight thinking I had to do it to meet someone... surprise that all I met were horrible men because I had no idea how to draw appropriate boundaries, etc...

This time the choice to lose weight and be healthy was for me. I still have 40 lbs to go of what I gained back but feel so much healthier, and quite honestly, by eating healthier and exercising LESS than I did before, I'm actually already the size I was last time but am still +40 lbs. It really showed me the difference the right choices make, not just better choices. Good luck to him getting back on track!
  • BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    I can't imagine how much bigger of deal it is when the numbers are so big, but a few years ago I lost nearly fifty pounds and just couldn't deal with it- I was getting attention in ways I never had before and I was incredibly uncomfortable with it, I lost it quite quickly so I think my brain didn't have time to catch up to my changing body... I ended up gaining just about double that back, which is where I am now (or rather, where I was 30 pounds ago). I truly believe that keeping weight off is exponentially harder than losing it to begin with and I hope he can find a balanced way to return to a healthy weight.
  • BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    And YES, I totally agree about WW. I loved it while I was on it but I was so lost without it.
  • saynotofat
    saynotofat Posts: 37
    Options
    His story broke my heart! He said that all of his life he felt like a "monster." He just couldn't deal with the dramatic difference. I wish him all the luck in the world. He's a very handsome guy and he deserves to be happy.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Do you think the article's claim that 2/3rds of ppl who lose weight gain MORE weight back than they lost over a time prd of 4-5 years? That would be awful. I am committed to not being one of that 66%. I've spent enough of my life being fatty fat butt.

I've heard it is more like 95% of people who lose weight will have regained within 5 years. I try not to let it bother me.

I've always said losing weight is easy maintaining is hard.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i feel so bad for him.. but i keep thinking the whole time... how could you let that happen to yourself again... how could you sit and in 2 years gain 250 pounds... that is eating 87500 calories over maintance in those two years....

i just dont get it.. he had all the power and he let it go...

i just dont get it.. i have finially gotten the power over my food addiction and my body.. and i love it. i would never want to give it up now..
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    OMG I remember
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I wonder if ABC knows this? Because David Smith was a client of Chris Powell, the star of Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition and is in every opening credit as an example of the success Powell has had transforming morbidly obese clients.

I feel badly for the guy.
  • SerinaK
    SerinaK Posts: 87
    Options
    I feel so bad for him. He looked great. :(
  • mrsjs140
    mrsjs140 Posts: 15
    Options
    It's sad. I hope he can turn it back around and this time work through the emotions.
  • LORRIE22
    LORRIE22 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is a wakeup call for all of us losing weight.

WE MUST ALL GO INTO MAINTENANCE WHEN WE REACH OUR GOAL.
    And we must encourage each other to keep the weight off.

A friend of mine lost 100 pounds and reached her goal.
    Then she said: "I can start eating again."
    (That is a huge mistake!)

So she did go back to her bad eating habits ... and gained it all back in a couple of years...plus another 20 pounds.

No one here can afford to do that. We must stay at our goal weights.
    We cannot "start eating again."
    :heart:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I saw him on the Today Show, too. His story breaks my heart. I hope he gets the mental help he needs to help him regain his health. As someone who has lost 200 pounds and kept it off for 3 years, the thought of regaining all my weight back terrifies me. It's a battle I intend to fight each and every day. It's one I have to fight for me, my kids, and the love of my life. I want to live a long healthy life!!
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    I can tell u from my own personal experience that 3 years ago I lost 40 lbs then gained 60 back. This time its staying off.I'm 2 old 4 this shi**
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This is a wakeup call for all of us losing weight.

WE MUST ALL GO INTO MAINTENANCE WHEN WE REACH OUR GOAL.
    And we must encourage each other to keep the weight off.

A friend of mine lost 100 pounds and reached her goal.
    Then she said: "I can start eating again."
    (That is a huge mistake!)

So she did go back to her bad eating habits ... and gained it all back in a couple of years...plus another 20 pounds.

No one here can afford to do that. We must stay at our goal weights.
    We cannot "start eating again."
    :heart:

i have already prepared myself to never go back to the ways i was..i mean why would i.. if i compare how i feel now as i did 61 pounds ago.. no thanks.. i can just imagine what i am going to feel like when i lose another 100//
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    After losing 400 lbs, his skin still looked a mess. Thats horrible on top of the pressure to stay thin, he was thrown in the spot light, patted on the back for such hard work and he still couldnt show off his new body. My prayers go out to this man. People definitely need to battle emotionally what is making them unhealthy. So sad.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!