First day on myfitnesspal today! Lesbian friendly?

Options

Replies

• impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm not a lesbian, and looking at your profile we don't seem to have the same goals, but I welcome you to the site all the same. :) The forums are a great place, but there is of course some measure of drama -- it is the interwebz, after all. But you'll find good support and great information here. Good luck on your journey. :)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck on your LSC!
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding MFP! It has changed my life and hope it does the same to you. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best wishes on your weight-loss journey!
  • FitAtFortyFour
    FitAtFortyFour Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey fam! (waving) I just joined too. I'm trying to gain weight and get fit but we're in it together. Sending friend request.
  • Devonwood
    Devonwood Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new here, too, and a lesbian with over 100lbs to lose. I'll send a friend request.
  • bigdon2823
    bigdon2823 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    We love lesbians!:flowerforyou:
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Lesbian friendly!?! Really? Why do you automatically assume that people are going to discriminate against you? This is a weight loss and fitness forum,why would anyone even care about your gayness, anyways? Why even mention it?
    You obviously haven't seen the pure hatred towards gays and lesbians that has appeared on this forum. It was a big thing a while back. Very vile things.
    WAAAAHH!:sad:
    I see tons of hateful **** on these forums directed at every possible lifestyle, personality, gender, and size! I'm a low carber, myself and I can promise you that NO ONE is hated on here more than low carbers! Is MFP low carb friendly?????????
    Seriously all I can think of to say is STFU.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP .. I have only been on here myself for about 3 weeks.. I really enjoy this site and am always looking for Buddies to go on the journey of weight loss with me.. I found out if you join a few groups on here it does help out also..
    Chekout my profile if you want..I enjoy camping,old cars,motorcyles and anything to do with the out of doors..
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I dont care if ppl is gay, straight, hetero, bi, transexual... we ALL are here with the same goal in mind!

Feel free to add me!
  • superstankazz
    Options
    Lesbian friendly!?! Really? Why do you automatically assume that people are going to discriminate against you? This is a weight loss and fitness forum,why would anyone even care about your gayness, anyways? Why even mention it?
    You obviously haven't seen the pure hatred towards gays and lesbians that has appeared on this forum. It was a big thing a while back. Very vile things.
    WAAAAHH!:sad:
    I see tons of hateful **** on these forums directed at every possible lifestyle, personality, gender, and size! I'm a low carber, myself and I can promise you that NO ONE is hated on here more than low carbers! Is MFP low carb friendly?????????
    Seriously all I can think of to say is STFU.
    OH SNAP!!!!:laugh:
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Welcome and much success to you. The last time I checked, calories are truly neutral equal opportunity offenders.
  • Ryathur
    Ryathur Posts: 16
    Options
    Why does it matter your sexuality?! :indifferent:

She's looking for lesbian-friendly friends. It is no different than looking for a friend based on religion/occupation/location/etc. It is also a part of who she is. If others can say they are married to their heterosexual spouses without any sort of rebuff, then why can't she say she's a lesbian?

By the way, welcome and good luck! I am not certain what my sexuality is right now in my life (I am thinking bisexual), but you can add me if you want. I am quite open to all orientations.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

This. There was a huge thread about bashing gay people. It was ridiculous, but I got most of my friends from that thread because we were all bashing the homophobes together :)

I ♥ all of my lesbian friends on here!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friends request. :happy: Welcome to MFP!
  • scorchy808
    scorchy808 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm a sistah too... glad to know ya!
  • superstankazz
    Options

This. There was a huge thread about bashing gay people. It was ridiculous, but I got most of my friends from that thread because we were all bashing the homophobes together :)

"I got most of my friends from that thread because we were all bashing the homophobes together :)"~
    WOW! That doesn't sound like tolerance to me!!!
  • impyimpyaj
    Options

I'm really glad I missed that particular thread. Ick. :(
  • impyimpyaj
    Options

"I got most of my friends from that thread because we were all bashing the homophobes together :)"~
    WOW! That doesn't sound like tolerance to me!!!

Tolerance of others does not necessitate tolerance of hatred. It's standing up for the rights of ALL, not just sitting back and saying, "Oh, you hate an entire group of people just based on their sexual orientation, that's cute."
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!:flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me! Im not gay, but I really dont think it matters either way, the important thing is your choice to be healthy!