My First 5k Obstacle/Mud Run & 80lbs Lost – Lots of Pics

Options

Replies

• RHeishman
    RHeishman Posts: 32
    Options
    Amazing and inspirational!!

I can't wait to run in my first 5k. First place or last..doesn't matter to me. Just can't wait to complete one.
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! That's fantastic, well done! You're such an inspiration to me!

And you look gorgeous by the way - LOVE your hair blonde! :):flowerforyou:
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You look amazing... a different person!! Sorry about your foot but many congrats on your amazing achievement!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    amazing transition and welcome to a new lifestyle.
  • NuevaNatalia
    NuevaNatalia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MommaHoff
    MommaHoff Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!! I've done two 5k mud/obstacle runs but I didn't place. Our goal was just to complete them this year. We did the Dirty 30 and the Warrior dash and we have one more we are doing in August called Conquer the Gauntlet. It's 4 miles. This year is about pushing beyond our comfort zones and doing things we thought we couldn't do. Next year will be more about beating our times. I'm learning to compete with myself not with people that are fitter, thinner, and younger. I'm to competitive and tend to push to hard and hurt myself. So I'm still learning. But awesome JOB!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. Love that you took on a mud race and you did awesome. Also your legs look just fine, very toned. Hope your fracture heals up nice and quickly.
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    High five sister!!! Great job!!!
  • fitnessjourneygoal
    Options
    Amazing and inspirational!! I love it!!
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're an inspiration.
  • GingerRunner
    Options
    OMG!! your story made me cry. CONGRATULATIONS! I am over the moon excited to read your story and I hope to have a similar one, soon. 40 lbs and over 40 years old feels like a mountain to me right now!
  • Canbfit4life
    Canbfit4life Posts: 124
    Options
    You look awesome girl
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    So cool. Congrats. You look awesome and did great.
  • morningstarz99
    Options
    Congratulations! Your legs look AMAZING!
  • DietPep1978
    DietPep1978 Posts: 202
    Options
    AMAZING JOB!!!! You look fantastic and that mud run looks like so much fun!
  • bijoux79
    bijoux79 Posts: 79
    Options
    WOW you look freakin' awesome...huge congrats
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I am doing my first mud run in Portland in July---- Any tips?!?

Yes, here are a few.

Don't worry what you look like before the race, you will be trashed after. With that said wear knee pads, tall socks, duct tape your shoes on and something to keep your hair out of your face. In your bag pack wet wipes, a towel and face clenser wipes, a change of clothes and dry shoes. Enjoy it, it is a blast. I wore my HRM to help keep me at a pace I could maintain the whole race and that helped me to not get caught up in the rush. I was able to maintain my pace and ended up passing the quick starters in the 3/4 of the race.

Hey, I'm doing my tough mudder next month in So Cal running springs! How did not get your HRM for not getting wet??? Any mire advice besides those u just wrote? Did u train for your mudder? I'm just doing Insanity and Kettle Bell training ... is that good enough? I know they say its a lit of upper strength! !! Thax

Sorry for the delay, I was on vacay! My polar is designed for water, I use it for swimming laps also. I just washed it off after the race in the spray hose and it works like a charm, I love it. I did train for the mudder, there are some crazy hills behind my house that I ran up and down at least 3 times per week before my regular workouts. I also lift, run, zumba and run more. The upper strength was important for pulling yourself over the walls and doing the monkey bar type obstacles. You are going to do wonderful and enjoy!!
  • kwagga
    kwagga Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi. You have done an amazing job!! You look fantastic!!
  • Brittonloves
    Options
    I just have to say... this is the most inspiring success story I've seen on here. I usually look at the posts and think "Damn, that's so awesome that they did that. How amazing and strong they must be! Too bad I'm not ____ or ______ (fill in the blanks!)" I looked at yours and it literally choked me up. I thought, "Hey! Maybe I CAN do this. Maybe I'm NOT gonna make a fool out of myself. This chick did it-- and she's clearly a badass." So thank you for sharing. You should be so proud of yourself and your incredible accomplishments.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just have to say... this is the most inspiring success story I've seen on here. I usually look at the posts and think "Damn, that's so awesome that they did that. How amazing and strong they must be! Too bad I'm not ____ or ______ (fill in the blanks!)" I looked at yours and it literally choked me up. I thought, "Hey! Maybe I CAN do this. Maybe I'm NOT gonna make a fool out of myself. This chick did it-- and she's clearly a badass." So thank you for sharing. You should be so proud of yourself and your incredible accomplishments.

I am crying reading your post. It is so crazy to me that I could inspire someone, I am still trying to wrap my head around my journey myself. You CAN do this, I promise. At the end of the day it is all mental strength. To be honest, I still hate to run with a passion and every few minutes have to tell myself not to stop. I was big on excuses before and would justify certain foods and not exercising. I just had to throw my hands up and fight back against myself and keep pushing me. I promise if I could do it, you can do it. You are going to do amazing and CAN do whatever you put your mind to. You know to this day I still haven't ventured into the free weights section of the gym. I am too scared of what people will think and I have only used the cardio machines once. I actually go to another really small gym to do cardio because I can't be around so many people because I think I will make a fool of myself. That fear never goes away, you just have to fight it! Good luck to you and your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!