Sweet Sugar Substitute?

Options
2»

Replies

• SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Drink something else? I could only drinking coffee with loads of sugar in it so i stopped drinking it, Ive started having black earl grey tea, its lovely :-)
  • octoberfalling
    Options
    I'm a big fan of truvia. To me, it has a much better taste than any of the other substitutes, and that's even being a substitute user for over a decade now. If you are switching over from real sugar, I'm not going to lie and say it isn't going to take some getting used to, but it doesn't seem to have the chemical aftertaste of the others.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify, I did not drink the cup with 20 Sweet and Low in it. I just sipped a bit of it, but once I got to 20 I dumped it and didn't drink it. And yes, it's mostly to take the bitterness out of it. I will try tomorrow for less regular sugar and deal with it I guess.

This is what I would try. I find that all of the artificial sweeteners (and Stevia) have an odd taste which stays around in my mouth for ages after I've eaten/drunk something.

If you are used to drinking an 8 sugar coffee, try 6 for a week, then four, then 2 - hell you might even find that you like it with none!

The good thing about going down this route is that you are teaching your body to cope with things that aren't as sweet and you might find that it affects other things you eat and drink too. I used to drink cider when we went to the pub but once i started cutting down on sugar in other things, I found the cider too sweet - now I drink beer :smile: