I found No calorie peanut butter

Options

Replies

• EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms makes it and it is completely DISGUSTING! Don't try it or waste your money. :) Just an FYI.

That is BY FAR the worst one I've tried too! I didn't want toss it so, I mixed it with a tub of sugar free cool whip & cream cheese and made a frozen peanut butter pie. It came out pretty good. But, I sure wouldn't buy it again.

Have you tried PB2? It's AWESOME! Give it a try you won't be disappointed!
  • RyanJS81
    RyanJS81 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 as a peanut butter replacement. You can get it here and our whole family loves it. They have plain and chocolate. just get a scoop of the PB2 powder and mix with water. Tastes great actually :)

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter nearly every day. It's a good fat. I don't buy reduced calorie anything. I would rather eat less of something real.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the FYI - I tried Better'n Peanut Butter last night, yes it has 1/2 the calories, but blah on taste. I'm probably spoiled by the natural peanut butter for life, I just can't stomach the light stuff. I do plan to try PB2 though because I love PB and want to have some as a regular food choice. Have you tried that one yet?

Try PB2 by Bell Plantation - AMAZING and only 45 calories.
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It is really bad but Walden Farms offers a money back guarantee on all their products, just call customer serivce.

I purchased the peanut butter and got my money back along with a coupon for any Walden Farms product for free. I tried the no calorie caramel sauce and it is delicious.
    Wish I had known that before I trashed mine :(
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    What aisle is this stuff located in at Wally World? Is it in a health food aisle or alongside the real products it is trying to fake?

Edit: Do you like my profile pic? It's my cat, Edward, otherwise known as Little Mofo because of the M on his forehead. and cause he's evil.
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    To be fair, you'll note that they do not even call it "peanut butter", but instead "whipped peanut spread". Most likely this stuff does not meet the identity requirements for calling it PB, pretty much a tip off that it aint gonna be anywhere near the Real McCoy. Kind of like McD's "shakes". Caveat Emptor, or in this case, Caveat Empty of Calories.

That said, my interest is piqued. Ya know, in the "I dare you to eat it" kind of way. Especially the cinnamon raisin peanut spread, just drips with a you'll-be-sorry vibe. Interestingly, I can't seem to find the ingredient panel, with the nutrition and ingredients list. Unsettling, that.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    really anything with 0 calories is NOT healthy..... it is not always about the calories, think about what you are putting into your body.... why would you want to put that type of stuff into your body?? I would rather have the calories in peanut butter than all that crap. Low calorie, low fat etc doesn't make it healthier or a better choice.
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    usually your no calorie things like that taste disguisting. they say fat free things= no taste. at least you know. thanks for spreading the word
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, yes that stuff is DISGUSTING! I had to throw it out. I wasted nearly $20 on Walden farms crap. It's all too salty tasting!!!!! I still have the syrup but I haven't tried it yet. I bet that's gross too. Everyone said their salad dressings were awesome- not to me! :\

As for other peanut butters- PB2 is pretty good to put into protein shakes. I haven't tried making an actual "butter" out of it yet. And Peter Pan Whipped 1/3 less sugar is 150 calories per 2 tbsp. I assume because it's more "airy", it's less calories and regular peanut butter which is more dense.
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Options
    Thanks for the FYI - I tried Better'n Peanut Butter last night, yes it has 1/2 the calories, but blah on taste. I'm probably spoiled by the natural peanut butter for life, I just can't stomach the light stuff. I do plan to try PB2 though because I love PB and want to have some as a regular food choice. Have you tried that one yet?

Try PB2 by Bell Plantation - AMAZING and only 45 calories.

I love PB2! It comes in two flavors, regular and chocolate. To me, the chocolate tastes a little like nutella.
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It is really bad but Walden Farms offers a money back guarantee on all their products, just call customer serivce.

I purchased the peanut butter and got my money back along with a coupon for any Walden Farms product for free. I tried the no calorie caramel sauce and it is delicious.
    Wish I had known that before I trashed mine :(

Me too! I threw out the peanut butter and salad dressing. I still have the herb garlic sauce in my cabinet that I am afraid to try.. and I also have the syrup in my fridge. Now that i know about this, I will try them some time soon and call them if it's gross!
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Oh, I finally found the nutrition/ingredient panel.

Lots of water in most of their stuff.

But there is a store nearby that carries it!

The "Whipped Peanut Spread", she calls me and I must answer!

Coming next week, "fried styrofoam bacon", taste treat or spawn of the devil?
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Just threw up a little in my mouth!

Sounds like that'd taste better than this PB.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    That said, my interest is piqued. Ya know, in the "I dare you to eat it" kind of way. Especially the cinnamon raisin peanut spread, just drips with a you'll-be-sorry vibe. Interestingly, I can't seem to find the ingredient panel, with the nutrition and ingredients list. Unsettling, that.

It looks similar to the "peanut spread."

Ingredients: Water, corn starch, sea salt, xanthan gum, lactic acid, roasted peanut flavour, peanut extract, chopped raisins, lactic acid, cinnamon, food colour, sodium benzoate, sucralose.
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    LOL - i can only imagine!! LOL
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Mr. Planters is crying in his hat over this post.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that crap shouldn't even be classified as food.

Ingredients: Purified water, vegetable fiber, sea salt, corn starch, xanthan gum, natural roasted peanut flavor, natural peanut extract, lactic acid, sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness) sucralose, FD&C yellow no. 5, 6.
    I have to agree. FOOD has nutrition. No calories = no nutrition.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm baffled by how a solid food could possibly have zero calories. Is this even scientifically possible?
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm baffled by how a solid food could possibly have zero calories. Is this even scientifically possible?
    Look at the ingredients list. The only solid thing in it is fiber.