Heat vs Celtics --- Let the debate begin.....

Options

Replies

• mrob81
    mrob81 Posts: 36
    Options
    Miami is going to probably lose. Lebron is going to go in there with the mentality that he has to take over, and his team will know it, so they won't show up. Celtics or the Heat, I don't really care. I simply just didn't want the Spurs in the finals.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Lefraud needs to stop whining at every single "missed call". Rondo called them and you can totally see it, he whines or jumps up and down

HECK YEA....I saw a heck of a lot of plays in Game 5 where LeBron and Dwade were not hustling back on defense afer a missed shot...They were really whining too damn much

I meant to mention that ....

It makes me want to punch my T.V.

Same!
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Bosh will cry tonight.
    Rondo vs Westbrook will be fun to watch.
  • sportsforfun
    sportsforfun Posts: 353
    Options
    I feel the Heat's problem is a lack of ball movement. Every possession is the same, Lebron or Wade hold the ball and dribble before jacking up a shot or one pass and shot. They need more ball movement with pick and roll. They have the two best one on one players in the world but a good team that knows how to pass the ball effectively will always trump that. I have a hard time blaming the heat's role players as they don't touch the ball much at all. Kind of hard to do anything when you see the ball for a total of 5 seconds all game.

I don't know they had some pretty good ball movement the last few games...Normally I would agree with that...but lately they have been moving the ball...Battie shot an Air Ball...and Miller is a liabilty in the paint....Celtics run a lot of 2-3 on Miami...and when LeBron slashes behind the zone with out the ball...he catches and gets an easy bucket...

but when he tries to dribble from the top of the 3pt line...the middle just caves on him...

Dwade...has just plain sucked in the first half...AND he has been doing that dribble dribble dribble and throw up a dud

They go through spurts of good ball movement but not nearly consistent enough and that is why their half court offense can be nearly non-exisitent at times. Wade has been pretty bad overall, with his first halves being just terrible.

Either way, the Thunder will win the championship. The western conference finals was probably the finals of this year. Boston can't hang with them unless Westbrook decides to turn it into a one-on-one match up with Rondo. Miami doesn't close down the stretch like OKC does.

so who you think wins more Championships? Miami or OKC after it's all said and done?

I am starting to think OKC will win more than Miami...IF Miami can even close out ONE year.

OKC will win more. I expect them to win 3-4 in the next 8 years if they can keep their core together. Miami may not win one. They have another two years and after that the team will be broken up and they will try a new way.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    It won't matter in the end, OKC is going to win it all :wink:

This
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna stick with the heat. i am hoping the stress causes Lebron, DWade and C-bosh to FINALLY become the team they were put together to be.

However based on their lackluster performances i am not holding my breath.

OKC used to be the Sonics. Since they were STOLEN from my home town I am a total hater.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I feel the Heat's problem is a lack of ball movement. Every possession is the same, Lebron or Wade hold the ball and dribble before jacking up a shot or one pass and shot. They need more ball movement with pick and roll. They have the two best one on one players in the world but a good team that knows how to pass the ball effectively will always trump that. I have a hard time blaming the heat's role players as they don't touch the ball much at all. Kind of hard to do anything when you see the ball for a total of 5 seconds all game.

I don't know they had some pretty good ball movement the last few games...Normally I would agree with that...but lately they have been moving the ball...Battie shot an Air Ball...and Miller is a liabilty in the paint....Celtics run a lot of 2-3 on Miami...and when LeBron slashes behind the zone with out the ball...he catches and gets an easy bucket...

but when he tries to dribble from the top of the 3pt line...the middle just caves on him...

Dwade...has just plain sucked in the first half...AND he has been doing that dribble dribble dribble and throw up a dud

They go through spurts of good ball movement but not nearly consistent enough and that is why their half court offense can be nearly non-exisitent at times. Wade has been pretty bad overall, with his first halves being just terrible.

Either way, the Thunder will win the championship. The western conference finals was probably the finals of this year. Boston can't hang with them unless Westbrook decides to turn it into a one-on-one match up with Rondo. Miami doesn't close down the stretch like OKC does.

so who you think wins more Championships? Miami or OKC after it's all said and done?

I am starting to think OKC will win more than Miami...IF Miami can even close out ONE year.

OKC will win more. I expect them to win 3-4 in the next 8 years if they can keep their core together. Miami may not win one. They have another two years and after that the team will be broken up and they will try a new way.

DAMN!

I want to see LeBron get at least 2 or 3....So many people hate on him...
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Rondo is definitely killing it! I always root for the underdogs...and not a big james, wade, bosh fan.

bosh doesn't even have a chin! has anyone else noticed that? lol
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    I'm gonna stick with the heat. i am hoping the stress causes Lebron, DWade and C-bosh to FINALLY become the team they were put together to be.

However based on their lackluster performances i am not holding my breath.

OKC used to be the Sonics. Since they were STOLEN from my home town I am a total hater.

FINALLY! A Heat Loyalist.....I hope these dudes pull it out!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    The Thunder...I hate both the Heat & the Celtics...
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    First and foremost I am a Celts fan to death!

Reason why I think they'll win tonight:
    -Experience
    -On court leadership
    -strong bench
    -Rondo has really been stepping up as an emerging leader, role player, play maker, clutch player....basically everything

#ImaCeltic
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I'm a Laker fan thru and thru....die hard, pains me to say it buuuut I'm pulling for the Celtics over the Heat....ok ok I said it.
    Under .500 at the all star break and now on the verge of going to the finals, that's just awesome!

Although I can't help but wonder what if D. Rose and Noah didn't get hurt.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My team got eliminated. I am not a fan of either of the teams that are playing, but I'm an NBA fan. I hope the Celtics go, and I hope OKC wins it. Miami is nothing but floppers and egos (OKC has Harden as the biggest flop of all). I'm not saying they're not great, because we have seen them do great things. I just don't have a tolerance for someone dubbed "King" James when he hasn't won the big one. I think the only people who want Miami to win are those who hate the Celtics, and those that live in Miami.
  • als1210
    als1210 Posts: 8
    Options
    I want to marry Rondo!!!
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    Rondo is definitely killing it! I always root for the underdogs...and not a big james, wade, bosh fan.

Wait a minute...I am going to go look!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    They are struggling because the Celtics play better as a team. The Heat have no answer for Rondo, and KG has been a monster this series(the entire playoffs actually). I really thought we were too banged up going into this series, I knew they had a chance, but not a big one. They proved me wrong and I couldn't be happier.

Boston will win and shock the world.

Agree with this!!! And, it would be nice to win another championship, but the bigger satisfaction is really just preventing the Heat from winning one. Really don't like them - they think they're "all that" !! :smile:

Go Celtics!!!!
  • Mercenary1914
    Options

Wait a minute...I am going to go look!

Chris-Bosh.jpg&h=300&w=600&zc=1

Bwahahahaha!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm a Laker fan thru and thru....die hard, pains me to say it buuuut I'm pulling for the Celtics over the Heat....ok ok I said it.
    Under .500 at the all star break and now on the verge of going to the finals, that's just awesome!

Although I can't help but wonder what if D. Rose and Noah didn't get hurt.

Nice, thanks!! Not sure I could pull for the Lakers if the situation was reversed though. I guess it's all about who you hate less!
  • Mercenary1914
    Options
    It won't matter in the end, OKC is going to win it all :wink:

This
    I dont think they can survive the youth of the Thunder though...

Thunder up!!

That
  • _Ivian
    _Ivian Posts: 198
    Options
    I can't stand the Heat because of LeFraud and I'm from and live in Miami :laugh:

They're relying too much on the same people. They have no rhythm. And Bosh, in my opinion is like the invincible man. People like Bass just seem to get past him. It's the Miami attitude that I don't like. The "it's cool because I'll wipe my tears with all the money I'm making and hit up LIV on the way out" attitude. They don't want it as much as the Celtics do.