Beachbody

Options

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I always hear good things about the Insanity workouts. But I hate beachbody's MLM style marketing. And shakeology is way overpriced.

Fair warning, when you read "Message me for more info" that's when they're trying to set you up for a sales pitch. Be wary.
  • wildflower38
    Options
    I've got TurboJam, Turbo Fire and ChaLEAN Extreme

Doing the workouts in that order too. Adding in some Firm Transfirmer workouts too which I also love.
  • Brittany_Kayy
    Brittany_Kayy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've done Turbo Fire, which I loved , but I never followed the schedule.

I am currently starting day 4 of Insanity today, which I am also loving very much!!!

I have ChaLEAN extreme too, but I'm holding off on that until I lose some more weight.

I love their products, defiantly worth a try!!
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing the brazil butt lift, 1st week was hard work but fun, 1st day on week 2 was a body sculpt that almost killed my fat *kitten* lol. Its really fun and make a huge change to your body at the same time... what more can you ask for?
  • kryscallarman
    kryscallarman Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've done Yoga Booty Ballet, Turbo Jam, and Chalene Extreme. Love them all.
  • adry20
    adry20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Beachbody has the best programs and supplements I have seen! I'm a Turbo Fire lover and I have friends who have done Insanity, P90X and the new Ultimate Body Reset all with great success. I would recommend Beachbody to anyone, I'd love to be a coach one day.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Thanks! But I won't buy "crap" just because I can afford to =)....although my husband would say that I am one lipstick away from being a makeup hoarder ha ha.

I was just wondering if this product was superior to a regular protein shake in any way. I currently drink ON Whey when I am low on protein for the day, and SOMETIMES after a workout just because...

*edited for spelling errors

You will have the same (or better) results with whey protein and a multivitamin. It won't taste quite as good.
    [/quote]

Thanks again. I had a feeling that was the case. Bummer, because it tastes SOOOOOOO good.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with traditional Dominican foods, but it tastes like a popular shake in Dominican Republic called "Morir Sonando", which means "to die while sleeping." I don't know what the story is behind the weird name. It's basically just orange juice, milk, and a little sugar. Kids really love it. Brings back memories. Sorry for the rambling =)

ETA: my post is about the Results and Recovery formula, not Shakeology.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm the crazy person doing insanity and P90X simultaneously. Hubby and I did insanity last fall together and I loved it, he didn't. He did about a month of P90X and then quit because he had some medical problems that caused him to take it down a notch. I started doing p90X after my first half marathon in April to try to gain muscle/lean out. At first I was still running for cardio on alternate days but then it go too hot out so I gave the plyo/cardio DVDs a try and I didn't care for them. They didn't make me sweat like insanity so now I do insanity cardio mon/wed/fri and P90X strength on tues/wed/sat.
  • coachbeav
    coachbeav Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if this product was superior to a regular protein shake in any way.
    No. Plus, it's overpriced.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/445106-is-shakeology-overpriced

I will go ahead and get it out there that I am a coach, but I did want to say that Shakeology isn't meant to be a "Protein" shake. It has protein in it, but it is a meal replacement shake that contains many more vitamins and nutrients the a protein shake. So...you can't really compare the two. It is pricey, I will agree with you there. But if you think of it as a meal replacement, which it is, then $4 a shake isn't that bad. Most everyone spends more than $4 a day on a meal. Just my two cents :)
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs was fun, but a little cheesy for me. I LOVED Slim in 6 and the more advanced Slim Series by Debbie S. that followed it. I saw a lot of great changes in my body. I've tried P90X, but didn't care for the workouts as much. I feel the Slim Series workouts are more geared to women and really target a lot of our trouble zones. I'm currently finishing my first round of the Les Mills Pump workout, also from Beachbody. It combines strength training and cardio, and I'm seeing a LOT more muscle definition since starting it 13 weeks ago! I highly recommend it. The trainers are all very pleasing to look at and listen to, and the workouts are fun. :)
  • Glasspack
    Glasspack Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just started Phase 2 of P90X this week. So far the programs been great. I don't use their supplements though I just try to eat better and use less expensive protein etc.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options
    I was just wondering if this product was superior to a regular protein shake in any way.

I will go ahead and get it out there that I am a coach, but I did want to say that Shakeology isn't meant to be a "Protein" shake. It has protein in it, but it is a meal replacement shake that contains many more vitamins and nutrients the a protein shake. So...you can't really compare the two. It is pricey, I will agree with you there. But if you think of it as a meal replacement, which it is, then $4 a shake isn't that bad. Most everyone spends more than $4 a day on a meal. Just my two cents :)

AHHH!!!! My quotes have been messed up. I was asking about Results and Recovery, not Shakeology.
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm in my second week of Insanity and I love it. I'm already planning and plotting what I'm going to do after day 60.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Their workout videos are good. There's better out there, but they're not as well known because they're not marketed as heavily. They're very good but I would only recommend them to someone who doesn't yet have a strong enough working knowledge to put their own program together. Once you get to that point you pretty much obsolete all their stuff.

Their supplement lines and the equipment you can buy through them you should avoid. They don't actually produce any of it, they simply take stuff made by other companies (with permission of course), put their name on it, and sell it for a higher price. Their resistance bands, for instance, are actually made by a company called Lifeline USA, and you can buy them cheaper direct from Lifeline USA. Their workout floor mats are made by a company called Manduka, and you can get cheaper through Manduka.

Etc, etc, etc...

I would say that if you are a beginner to fitness, go right ahead and get some of their lower-end/entry level programs such as Power 90, Slim in 6, or others. But once you get up to the point where you're ready to move onto something more advanced, I strongly suggest you study more about the fundamentals and science behind the exercises you're doing before moving on to something like P90X or Insanity. They show results, but at the risk of overtraining. And someone who knows what they're doing can put a program together for themselves that is superior. That's what I did for myself using a suspension trainer and a jump rope as the core of my personal fitness program.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    AHHH!!!! My quotes have been messed up. I was asking about Results and Recovery, not Shakeology.
    It's a MLM that sells an outrageously overpriced shake. Do you anticipate their other drinks to be any different?
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I've done quite a few Beach Body workouts and enjoyed them, I've also had good results with Insanity, Turbo Fire and P90X. However, I really hate how the "coaches" just try to cram stupid supplements and other overpriced crapola down your throat. Don't buy into the hype of these products, you'll get the best results with their workouts + diet.
  • nbsambucca
    nbsambucca Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs, Slim in 6, P90X now and dying to start Insanity in July...then on to TurboFire and ChaLEAN extreme. going to get Shakeology w/Insanity. LOVE the programs..LOVE the support....
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options
    It's a MLM that sells an outrageously overpriced shake. Do you anticipate their other drinks to be any different?

You are only talking about price though. I don't care about the price. I appreciate the link I got before on Shakeology. Is there one for the RR formula? I was hoping there would be a thorough review for it somewhere (whether good or bad)
  • coachbeav
    coachbeav Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Oh okay sorry bout that :) As far as the Results and Recovery goes...I am a coach and I personally don't use it. I make my own :)
  • Neecy_Pooh
    Neecy_Pooh Posts: 122
    Options
    Insanity is ape *kitten*!!!! DO IT!!!!

I agree with Casey!! I am in my 6th week of Insanity and LOVE it!! It's truly insane but it works you...HARD!! I will be doing another round of it once I am done with my first one. : )