Burned out on Subway

Options
tdlsaint
tdlsaint Posts: 51 Member
Today is my 81'st day using MFP, and I LOVE it! Just wondering where some of you guys and gals go when you have to eat fast food from time to time. I should buy stock in Subway with as much money as I've spent there in the past 81 days ( not that bad really, but it IS the only drive thru I've used since MFP ) . Anywhere else have a tolerable menu when you can't eat fresh ? Subway is good in a pinch, but still packs a ton of sodium in most things that I'll eat from it.

Replies

• tdlsaint
    tdlsaint Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Anyone? Really?
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I like Taco Bell's fresco menu.
  • shayleeloves
    Options
    Burrito bowls from Chipotle with no cheese or sour cream.
    Eat half for lunch, then save the other half for the next day. Filling, fresh and so delicious.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Panera Bread. I enjoy it because 1, it has healthy options, and 2, they tell you how many calories are in each item right on their menu! Their food is amazing, and I know exactly what I'm eating when I order. om nom nom
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    El Pollo Loco
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Seconding the Panera recommendation. Cosi is also pretty good.
  • jdcato
    jdcato Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell has some Fresco items that aren't that bad. The Fresco Chicken Soft Taco is only 110 calories and 3.5 grams of total fat. Also, if you can stomach Panda Express, the mushroom chicken panda bowl with veggies instead of rice or chow mein works for me.
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I do a half size Berry Almond Chicken Salad from Wendys, the sodium isn't great but for me i'm more watching calories and carbs. The half size without almonds (i choose to not have them) and the raspberry vinaigrette is 190 cals, 20 carbs, 5 fat, 17 protein, 630 sodium and 15 sugar, its not wonderful but in a pinch its a very tasty low calorie option! I love it
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It's tough to eat healthy when buying fast food. I don't really think that Subway is even all that healthy, although it does beat mcdonalds. Any possible way you could make it some place that has a salad bar?
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I do not eat out often (even Subway) and have begun packing my lunch every day, and I have snacks on hand so I don't need to stop for fast food during a normal day. For those times when I have to eat on the go (traveling for work, out and about with the kids, etc.), I think you can find reasonable options, in small doses, at a handful of places. I like the fruit and maple oatmeal with a strawberry/banana smoothie at McDonalds, which is something you can get any time of day. It's about 500 calories and hearty enough to fill me up. At places like Culvers or Wendy's, I usually get a cup of chili or a baked potato and a side salad. Congrats on 81 days and 40 pounds :)
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Subway can be low calorie, but I don't think it's that healthy! Their meats are processed garbage, even their chicken is pressed meat, gross! Get yourself a good cooler and pack your food for the day! I spend my Sundays cooking a week's worth of chicken breast, weighing it and putting it into tupperware containers for the week. In the mornings, I just grab my pre-portioned food and go.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm in Chicago and I have access to a better variety of 'fast food'

Panera Bread - Love!
    Einstein Brothers Bagels - their turkey chili is so delish
    Jason's Deli - great turkey wraps with fresh fruit or steamed veggies as a free side
    Noodles and Company - kind of hefty in calories but really delish
    Corner Bakery - smoked turkey sandwich awesome and basic wheat bread lettuce tomato and mustard
    Au Bon Pain - large selection of tasty soups
    and as a last resort Taco Bell
  • benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A salads are amazing as is their cool-wrap. Yum!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Wait wait wait. Subway has drivethrus?
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the chicken salad sammich at Chickfila. With a small fruit cup. Best damn lunch for fast food.

Now to figure out how to resist pairing that with a cookies n cream milkshake.....
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Subway menu is okay. Their breads aren't that tasty though, rather bland.

Surpisingly, I found the Southwest Salad with grilled chicken at McDonalds rather tasty. It's not too bad for calories, sodium, etc...
  • virionoftomorrow
    Options

eveyrthing has drivethrus... i was in san diego recently and saw a drive thru pharmacy ffs... its weird!
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wendys has good chili and sweet potatoes. :) I also eat a lot of "side salads" from any fast food restaurant with light or fat free dressing. :)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

eveyrthing has drivethrus... i was in san diego recently and saw a drive thru pharmacy ffs... its weird!
    Drivethru pharmacies aren't weird. How does a sandwich shop where they spend 5 minutes making your order have a drivethru?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Such a pain in the *kitten*, though.