Just me?

Options

Replies

• carray250
    carray250 Posts: 43
    Options
    I love all food and find ways to make them not so boring. As far as exercise, I HATE IT. But I do have three kids and thought that adding exercise to the equation would just make me even more tired. But it has the total opposite effect. If you can manage to wake up before anyone else and maybe just take a walk or through on a dvd, I guarantee you that you will have more energy to deal with the kids! Try it!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    if you hate it, it isn't going to work

find a way to enjoy it

for example, i found i needed more diversity in my food, and i still eat crap just not as much

if i know i am going to gorge on pizza tonight, i am probably going to eat very very light today
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    In the nicest way possible.....

You're doing it wrong.

Oh whatever....she's not doing it wrong! Would I rather come home to a nice nap after a 9 hour workday, Monday-Friday? YES. Would I rather eat a cheeseburger and fries instead of grilled fish and green beans? YES. haha! I wouldn't say I HATE working out. Sometimes (well, most of the time) it's hard to get the motivation to do it after a long day. After I'm done, I'm glad I did it, but getting started is soooo hard.

C'mon! Let's be honest people!
  • jenlee_74
    jenlee_74 Posts: 29
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

I don't hate to exercise...just don't like formal exercise. So...I just don't friggin' eat it! Seriously I maintain a plant based whole foods diet (not! vegan or vegetarian, just the right portions of animal products). These veg, grains, legumes are all Bulky, low cal/fat/sugar foods so you can Eat! I eat tons of food, all day, every day. I lost almost 60 lbs in a year, and have not been on a single treadmill! I would feel very deprived and hungry and not be able to maintain my weight otherwise.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

Agreed. I'm still eating all the bad crap that I like (just not as much). I do enjoy exercising, though.

Now for me personally, THIS is doing it wrong. I could stay well within my calorie/macros each day by eating crap BUT I also don't want nasty skin nd more importantly lumpy, cellulite thighs and *kitten* - all of which are made 100x worse by crap food.

I want to look good. I have been skinny fat, all 118lbs of me, but flabby and lumpy skin - all done by still eating the crap I like, just not as much. For ME that is not my goal and certainly not attractive.

So, for me, doing it RIGHT - super clean - is not doing it wrong when it comes to my end goal.

I just hate it LOL

Have you considered the paleo/primal approach to eating? While it isn't an all-you-can-eat buffet for everyone, it's generally all-you-want-to-eat for a lot of people...and there is a lot of really tasty food out there. Once I broke away from the "addiction" of the grains and extra sugars, I don't feel at all deprived either.

Something to think about.

As for exercise, I'm at the point where I may not always *like* exercising, but I always like how it makes me feel. It's a subtle distinction, but one that got me to the point that I'll actually wake up early in the morning to do it.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it. But now I kinda LOVE running. I can honestly say that running is now my hobby. I may not be that good at it (yet) but I enjoy it! I look forward to my gym time. I get excited about being able to push myself and achieve new goals.

And I've always really enjoyed healthy food...it just so happens that I enjoy unhealthy food too. But I've realized that the way those foods make me feel is what's important. I physically don't feel good after I eat a delicious cheeseburger. I feel amazing after some grilled chicken and broccoli though!

But more than any of that, I love being healthy. I don't deprive myself of the not-so-good-for-me things I love, but I also don't eat them every day. I work hard so I can enjoy the foods I like without feeling guilty. I foresee some chips and queso and some ice cold beer in my future this weekend---after I get in a good run!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    I'm just a tad on the high strung side. Maybe a lot on the high strung side. My brain "goes" a million miles an hour in a thousand different directions 24/7. The only thing that calms me down is a nice long run. While I may not always want to run nor do I enjoy being all sweaty and nasty, having some peace and quiet in my brain is more than worth it. I still eat plenty of junk-I just run more to accommodate my less than superb food choices.
  • christakersey
    Options
    I don't necessarily love it, but I don't think I hate it either. I love getting sweaty and having time to myself when I'm not being mommy to 4 kids, but I don't like the part of my workout when I am worn out and would love to quit and just go home. I know that this is what I need to do to get this extra weight off, so it's worth it. Mind over matter. I also like that I can eat tons of healthy stuff in place of one candy bar or bag of chips, etc, but sometimes I just really want that brownie or giant chocolate chip cookie. I just have to say no to that so I can say yes to a healthier me.
  • monkeybrain2012
    Options
    I love running, I love going for a bike ride before sunrise, I love doing yoga as active relaxation before bed. My favorite is my kickboxing and sparring workout. I have an amazing training partner (a guy who's not afraid to hit a girl and is not ashamed when he goes down sometimes).
    I love going to the market with my kids and shopping for food, trying new fruits and vegetables. I've never felt that I am eating boring food. How can a sweet, crunchy, juicy apple be boring anyway. And sometimes - there's basically no food prep. Cut up apple, spread peanut butter - done. Cut up carrot sticks, dip in hummus - done, grill a piece of chicken, steam brocolli - done.
    You have to find exercise you love doing and that makes you feel good. I cannot even explain the high that I feel after sparring. I never felt that good when I was fat and tired all the time.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Um... ME... I HATE TO EXERCISE...every single second of it actually... I do however, feel all bad *kitten* after lifting weights, so I guess that is the closest I come to enjoyment! As far as the food...yeah, pain..lots of planning and prepping...but I honestly hate the FAT ME much more than the sacrifice of running, lifting and eating cleaner...
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I honestly love going to the gym and lifting weights. It's the highlight of my day! Do I like to run? No, so I keep cardio low. The food honestly doesn't bother me, do I miss those tasty treats? Hell yes, who doesn't? But it's all worth it!
  • christakersey
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

Oh whatever....she's not doing it wrong! Would I rather come home to a nice nap after a 9 hour workday, Monday-Friday? YES. Would I rather eat a cheeseburger and fries instead of grilled fish and green beans? YES. haha! I wouldn't say I HATE working out. Sometimes (well, most of the time) it's hard to get the motivation to do it after a long day. After I'm done, I'm glad I did it, but getting started is soooo hard.

Exactly what she said. We are supposed to be encouraging each other, and as long as you are losing weight and reaching your goals, then it's right. Eating the things that God created and intended for us as food can't be wrong. She sounds like she is doing things exactly right, just not the way that you would do it, and she doesn't have to love it. She's doing it anyway. And Kudos to you for having 5 kids! I have 4 and constantly have the "You have your hands full" comments. When I'm working out, people don't know that side of me, so it's nice.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i like to exercise, but yeah eating healthy isnt as fun. i like the way healthy eating makes me feel though.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I think you might need to change your paradigm.

Becoming healthy is not about eating foods you don't enjoy and partaking in physical activities you hate for a set amount of time, until you reach a specific goal, and then going back to your noxious old habits.

If you want a real chance at completely overhauling your previous lifestyle, you'll need to learn to eat in moderation and to choose exercises that you actually enjoy.

You CAN eat foods the foods you love, as long as you stay within your calorie allotment. I find that exercising allows me to eat more deliciousness while remaining in a caloric deficit. . It's a win/win.
  • pawheeler1
    pawheeler1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    It's not the workout, or the eating right that one likes. It's the results! If it was easy, everyone would do it.

Good point, I hate working out and counting calories!
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I used to hate working out when I weighed 250+ pounds you wouldn't get me to work out. at one point I was tired of that phat girl staring at me in the mirror. so now I love working out and have become a lean mean exersize machine. I am just know shopping for healthy food and will begin that on my lifestyle change.
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I used to hate exercise... until I actually started doing it! Now I love it! You need to find something you like. For me it's swimming, biking and hiking in the mountains!! HUGE stress reliever after long days at work and all our 'grown-up' responsibilities. I don't eat small portions... I just try not to overeat or graze all day like I used to. If you're here to get on track, find what works for you. Everyone has their own stresses to deal with in life - you certainly have your hands full - but if you really want to feel better and get healthy, you need to exercise and eat well (which doesn't mean small, bland portions of food - get creative!)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options

You're doing it wrong.

Exactly what she said. We are supposed to be encouraging each other, and as long as you are losing weight and reaching your goals, then it's right. Eating the things that God created and intended for us as food can't be wrong. She sounds like she is doing things exactly right, just not the way that you would do it, and she doesn't have to love it. She's doing it anyway. And Kudos to you for having 5 kids! I have 4 and constantly have the "You have your hands full" comments. When I'm working out, people don't know that side of me, so it's nice.

i think man created greasy fast food, i'm not blaming that one on God. I think God intended us to eat a much more simple, healthy diet. just my thoughts.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I think you might need to change your paradigm.

Becoming healthy is not about eating foods you don't enjoy and partaking in physical activities you hate for a set amount of time, until you reach a specific goal, and then going back to your noxious old habits.

If you want a real chance at completely overhauling your previous lifestyle, you'll need to learn to eat in moderation and to choose exercises that you actually enjoy.

You CAN eat foods the foods you love, as long as you stay within your calorie allotment. I find that exercising allows me to eat more deliciousness while remaining in a caloric deficit. . It's a win/win.
    THIS x100000000000000