Just me?

Options

Replies

• hbuckholz
    hbuckholz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have to try and make it enjoyable for yourself somehow, otherwise, you just lose any motivation you started with. Find things you actually like regarding exercise and food. If you think running will help you lose weight, but you hate it- don't do it! Do something that will help your mind too, not just your body. (:
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise......and I love to eat.

^^^ this..for real
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the working out, but I do hate the portion control or not eating certain foods. I LOVE food!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I think you might need to change your paradigm.

Becoming healthy is not about eating foods you don't enjoy and partaking in physical activities you hate for a set amount of time, until you reach a specific goal, and then going back to your noxious old habits.

If you want a real chance at completely overhauling your previous lifestyle, you'll need to learn to eat in moderation and to choose exercises that you actually enjoy.

You CAN eat foods the foods you love, as long as you stay within your calorie allotment. I find that exercising allows me to eat more deliciousness while remaining in a caloric deficit. . It's a win/win.

This.

80% of people who lose a significant amount of weight gain it all back, with 2/3rds of people gaining back more than they lost in the first place. The reason for that? The attitude that "this sucks, but I have to do it to lose weight" instead of "I'm learning to love this new lifestyle that I'll lead for the rest of my life."

If you hate running, don't run. If you hate Zumba class, don't take Zumba class. Find something you truly enjoy doing that is active, and find ways to make those "boring foods" more enjoyable. Find low-cal versions of those delicious treats you enjoy---don't deprive yourself! And sometimes, you just gottta eat some greasy pizza and wash it down with a beer. Mmm pizza and beer....
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Love lifting. Love food. Hate cardio. Yep :laugh: I still eat pizza, cookies, brownies, you name it. Doing it wrong? I don't think so!
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what the activity is for me. I love biking, swimming, dance cardio workouts, and a couple more. But there are a lot that I dread doing too, because it hurts and I don't like it.

About the food, that goes the same too. There are some healthy foods I love to death in any portion, and there are lots of 'unhealthy' stuff I like to eat too. I don't mind the portion control too much either. Unless I'm having one of those days where I want to eat everything in site XD
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    So really, dig deep down before you answer this. Forget the positive attitude just for a minute.

Who REALLY likes to exercise? Who REALLY likes to eat mini portions of boring food?

Hell no, not me.

I see people... "Ohhh my green beans and mushed cauliflower was super! So tasty!" and "I am so excited to go out and run/go to the gym"

Me? I hate it. I do it because I don't want to be fat. It is THAT simple!

I love exercise, and eating 2000+ calories a day in 3 meals I don't eat small meals.
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Exercising? I hate doing it until I'm doing it...thenI feel awesome about myself

Boring Food?? I guess some people had to change their eating drastically, but the food I make for myself now, is the same food I made for myself before MFP, maybe cooked a little different, but it's delicious, or else I wouldn't be eating it.

I am 22 lbs down and I am yet to force myself to eat something tasteless, or bland...that's now how I do..
  • willhare
    willhare Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I actually LOVE exercising…perhaps one reason is because it allows me to do the other thing that I absolutely love: eating large portions of delicious food!
  • ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    In the nicest way possible.....

You're doing it wrong.

Not quite. I just hate it. After a day with 5 kids (2 toddlers.. one with Autistic) A constant battle throughout my day, and up several times every night, once they are in bed - I don't want to exercise - I want to go to BED! Nothing wrong about that.. I just hate it! I am exhausted, mentally and physically. I want to shut down and go to sleeeeep!

As for food. I am just not a fan of the whole "I am eating clean, but then I am just going to eat this WW ice cream or brownie" Nah, I prefer to go all the way if i am going to do something, not do it half-assed.

AND I HATE IT! :bigsmile:

I understand this one, with the kiddies it does tend to suck all you want to do is relax after they go to bed. I have 2 cannot imagine how you make it with 5. The eating part has been kind of fun learning to make my favorites healthier and the exercise I get up every morning before everybody else and get it done. I

I have come to love running though so maybe just something you like to do. Good luck. :drinker:
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    It's not just you. If it were, none of us would have gotten into trouble in the first place. With that said, it does get easier and you do begin to enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
  • lsher001
    lsher001 Posts: 13
    Options
    I love to exercise and I love to eat!! I exercise more so I can eat more and not be fat:wink:
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    I love working out and I love to eat... id never go back to my old ways.. this feels too good.:smokin: :heart: :love:
  • lpeterson
    lpeterson Posts: 36
    Options
    I like the exercise because I do activities I enjoy (golf, volleyball, basketball, and biking) but I do not enjoy the eating healthy as I love my burgers and pizza.

653924.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I love lifting and pushing my body. I am not a huge fan of cardio unless it is an activity like hiking or a walking tour, but I do it a few times a week because I do love how I feel after.

I still eat the same as I did, except for portion size and a few smarter choices for ingredients, but then I was never a huge fan of most fast food or junk food. Although, the pizza and burgers I love will never be given up. Lol. I just work them into my goals.
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Your honesty is really refreshing to me! :happy: I haven't looked through everyone's replies (although I will do, whe I have more time), but I must say I am always really sceptical when people say that they really enjoy healthy food (and dislike fattening food) and that they really love exercise! :huh:

I'm sure there are some people who genuinely mean it, but I don't think I will ever stop fantasising about chocolate, cakes, and high-carb meals - and I don't think I will ever think "yipee!! It's time to exercise!"

However, I do like the effects of healthy eating combined with a moderate degree of exercise. And by the same token, I hate the way I feel when I've been lounging around eating rubbish - I'm sure we all feel that way. But I don't think I will ever ban "naughty" foods from my diet. My plan for when I reach maintenance is to try & remain sensible through the week, but eat what I like at the weekends - no idea whether it will work or not! I also plan to continue exercising (not that I've ever done loads) but I don't think I'll ever become a gym fanatic or anything!

Interesting thread though! :flowerforyou:
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I only do exercise that I enjoy. Same with food, if i didn't like something I wouldn't eat it (even if it was good for me) and I have plenty of treats within my calorie limit too.
  • LindaLou252
    LindaLou252 Posts: 106
    Options
    In the nicest way possible.....

You're doing it wrong.

Oh whatever....she's not doing it wrong! Would I rather come home to a nice nap after a 9 hour workday, Monday-Friday? YES. Would I rather eat a cheeseburger and fries instead of grilled fish and green beans? YES. haha! I wouldn't say I HATE working out. Sometimes (well, most of the time) it's hard to get the motivation to do it after a long day. After I'm done, I'm glad I did it, but getting started is soooo hard.

C'mon! Let's be honest people!

Can I get a AMEN!!! That's exactly the way I feel. It's a struggle everyday, but I'm doing it and seeing results. Some days are easier and more motivating than others. Some days I just want to hold down the recliner! lol :smile:
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Nope, the food is always a pain in the *kitten*. All the prep and cooking sucks. Exercising, though, just depends on the day. Sometimes I feel invincible and I want to make everything and everyone there my b****. Other days, I whimper my way to a bike and try to be as inconspicuous as possible.

I gonna agree with this one. If I prep homemade tasty/healthy food every night with my schedule, I won't have time to work out. If I had more time I think I'd enjoy it more though. After getting a routine down I will say I enjoy my workouts a lot more than I did!
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I hate to exercise - I to do it so I don't weigh a ton. I have been told that I am not losing because of my attitude - I did not knowattitude added calories. Oh well! I have been told, find something you like, do small bits, etc, so on and so forth. I think I have tried everything and I just don't like it. I do it, but not with a woohoo attitude - and I don't feel better after - I feelseaty and gross and can't wait to take a shower.
    So there, I said it out loud again! I hate to exercise. Good luck to you in your quest!