How important is the post-workout protein?

Options
124»

Replies

• ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That entirely depends on how much protein she had the day before, and how long ago she had it.

Protein is absorbed at a rate of 2-10 g/hr (depending on the source). Coingestion of fiber and/or fat will slow this even more.

If she hadn't had anything for 8-12 hours, a small amount of protein would likely be helpful. But this is a far cry from the "2 hour anabolic window" you've been spouting off about.

Wow, so this whole time you've actually been in agreement with the advice I gave the OP? BTW I'm pretty sure I was never spouting off anything about a 2 hour anabolic window. I briefly mentioned two hours which is a commonly used number in the weightlifting community, and you made a huge issue of it and eventually managed to post a link stating that it was probably more like three hours. Good job.
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    That entirely depends on how much protein she had the day before, and how long ago she had it.

Protein is absorbed at a rate of 2-10 g/hr (depending on the source). Coingestion of fiber and/or fat will slow this even more.

If she hadn't had anything for 8-12 hours, a small amount of protein would likely be helpful. But this is a far cry from the "2 hour anabolic window" you've been spouting off about.

Wow, so this whole time you've actually been in agreement with the advice I gave the OP?

You: "Loloquin sez your muscles will fall off if you don't get your protein witihin the 2 hour window"

Me: "Adequate protein intake renders PWO supplementation irrellevant"

And you see that as agreeing with you? LOL OK.

BTW I'm pretty sure I was never spouting off anything about a 2 hour anabolic window. I briefly mentioned two hours which is a commonly used number in the weightlifting community, and you made a huge issue of it and eventually managed to post a link stating that it was probably more like three hours. Good job.

And you've brought what to the table exactly?

Edit Oh, I forgot. You don't "have time to look up the reference"
  • ahamm002
    Options
    You: "Loloquin sez your muscles will fall off if you don't get your protein witihin the 2 hour window"

Interesting interpretation. I'm pretty sure you never stated your stance until about the fourth page of this thread, and that was only after I pinned you down. Funny though that the article you linked and your stance actually are in disagreement. Well, maybe more sad than funny . . .

Well for one thing, I actually answered the OP's question, and gave advice that you later on actually stated would likely be beneficial for her. What did you bring? Nothing except the same thing you always bring: trolling.
  • RonSwanson66
    Options

Interesting interpretation. I'm pretty sure you never stated your stance until about the fourth page of this thread, and that was only after I pinned you down. Funny though that the article you linked and your stance actually are in disagreement. Well, maybe more sad than funny . . .

ORLY?

First page:
    Care to point to a single study that doesn't use fasted endurance athletes? Not even remotely relevant for weight-training in a fed state.

Well for one thing, I actually answered the OP's question, and gave advice that you later on actually stated would likely be beneficial for her. What did you bring? Nothing except the same thing you always bring: trolling.

If you're so familiar with my posts, then you would know my position already, since I've stated it on several occasions.

OH, and
    So instead of taking the easy road by just criticizing the studies posted by others, why don't you actually support your own point for a change?

Physician heal thyself.
  • ahamm002
    Options
    ORLY?

First page:
    Care to point to a single study that doesn't use fasted endurance athletes? Not even remotely relevant for weight-training in a fed state.

That's disagreeing with someone else's opinion, which is easy to do. You didn't state any alternative opinion or give any helpful advice to the OP. Typical troll behavior.

If you're so familiar with my posts, then you would know my position already, since I've stated it on several occasions.

OH, and
    So instead of taking the easy road by just criticizing the studies posted by others, why don't you actually support your own point for a change?

Physician heal thyself.

Well I'm just saying that it would have been nice if the article you linked actually supported your position on this topic. I guess it's kind of hard for you to actually take a position and then properly support it huh? You should just stick to your bread and butter, which is demanding everyone except for you has to prove every statement they make with a linked study, and then nit pick the studies they post.
  • RonSwanson66
    Options

Still avoiding...
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    There is studies to disbute everything.
    Why don't you try the methods and go with what works for you intead of grying to nail down a science.
    Its not that hard. Anythign that is annoying and push down my throat I avoid, the guys smashing 12 dollar drinks at he gym because of some window theory is nutts. My dad ate one meal a day for generations. Work all day with minimal nurtients... Rocked 10% BF for like 50 years

My belief is a 2 hour window is nonsense. Why? Because I defy it and have progressed
    I take in nutrients whenver it fits my WINDOW