Best compliment you've gotten since starting your journey?

Options

Replies

• olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    "I didn't even recognize you"
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    "Holy Sh/t you look great"
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My father in law calls me slim now instead of my name :) It's awesome!
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my boss (who I've always thought had a great figure) asked if she could borrow my body for the weekend and leave me hers to hit the gym with!
    I thought that was cute. It was a throw-away comment to her but it meant the world to me!
  • lhiatt
    lhiatt Posts: 21
    Options
    I have been going to my office gym since September 2011 taking different classes, yoga, boxing, sports conditioning, etc. I started "running" in April. Not too long ago someone I have seen around the gym in classes but didn't really know told me I was really looking good! And I've had several people tell me I'm looking TONED! In all my years I have NEVER been TONED!!! It's amazing!!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Most common and appreciated from people I haven't seen in a while, is "you look younger".
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    "Dang Girl, you have 5 kids?!!!"
  • joycemhall
    joycemhall Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    last weekend from my husband "Damn, you look hot" :happy:
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    i posted mine yesterday but my autistic son ( who normally hates hugs) said " Mum I like it that you have lost weight as it makes it easier for me to hug you"

I love this! ^^^

I have been on this weight loss journey for a while and it has its highs and lows. I have received quite a number of compliments over the years, but one that was so heartfelt, recently came from a dear lady from my local church. She said to me that I am one of the most beautiful women that she has had the pleasure of meeting, inside and out.
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My husband always tells me how hot i am but he did that when i was fat too....but he cant keep his hands off of me.....he loves my hip bones, legs and *kitten*!

From friends......they always tell me how much younger i look now and how great i am doing....and i love when people tell me that i have inspired them! That is the best thing ever!!!!!!

My kids: my daughter says all the time how proud she is of me and how excited she is that she can wrap her arms around my waist and then some.

And my boys who always want to watch me do insanity.....they are always cheering me on and telling me i can do it and dont stop.....these are the moments where i feel like i can conquer anything because my kids believe in me!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Nice form...

talking about my squats...possibly my body, but I'm guessing squats
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    last weekend from my husband "Damn, you look hot" :happy:

did you smile, giggle and bat your eyes? ...That's awesome he got major cool points for that.
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    Probably the best compliment was when someone came up to me and said "Wow, you look fantastic!" It was one of my friends I had not seen in a few months :)
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    The guy I was dating at the time would always tell me how tiny I was, which was like, the best feeling ever. He'd grab my waist and make a show of how small my ribcage is, or he'd wrap his fingers around my wrist and talk about how his fingers overlapped.

As for the other compliments I got (going from 143 to 125), most of them I couldn't decide if they made me happy or not. Literally EVERYONE I knew commented, since I lost the weight over the summer and came back to school much lighter. But it was always, "Wow, you look great now!" or "You look so much better!" I don't think I looked horrible being 143 at 5'5; it just wasn't my usual weight, and college stress and three jobs plus bad eating put it all on.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    "you're so fit now that if you got any fitter we would't even notice it."
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    From the hubby

HUBBY - "I've wanted to say something for a while but I didn't want to hurt your feelings"
    ME- "what?"
    HUBBY - "Thank you for all of your hard work- you look hot!"
    ME - ' Wow! How could that hurt my feelings?? and THANK YOU!!"
    HUBBY - "I didn't want you to think that I didn't find you sexy before"

Makes me smile just typing it!

1 year 35 lbs lost I can see my goal weight from where I stand!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    "You almost look human". Yeah, that's as good as it's gotten. :cry:
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i posted mine yesterday but my autistic son ( who normally hates hugs) said " Mum I like it that you have lost weight as it makes it easier for me to hug you"

cutest thing i've read all day!
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    My dad hadn't seen me in a few months and he said I was glowing and looked beautiful. I have only lost 8 pounds but it sure affects your demeanour when you are living healthier.

A backwards compliment the other day when I was helping a client. She was asking me about my experience with weight lifting and I told her I had been doing it for about 10 years. She said, "Well at least you aren't too muscular." I know she was trying to be nice but I like muscles!!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Since I've been on my Weight Loss Journey, I've lost about 85 lbs..gotten a serious tan (I'm the whitest white girl ever) and cut my hair off and colored it blonde. I even look like a stranger to me. My FACE has lost SO much weight.

I've had more than one person ask me if I'm the 'new employee' at work :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!