Best compliment you've gotten since starting your journey?

Options

Replies

• lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I was heading out with my husband a couple of weeks ago and he
    asked me if I was wearing my 'magic pants' (which i bought to help
    hide my tummy in a new dress), I told him 'no' and he said that he
    was surprised as looked much slimmer in my (older) dress.
    It made my night
    Congratulations everyone
    Nicola xxx
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Last July I was jog/walking at Jones Beach where I try to go every Sunday It was about 98 degrees I was a mess shirt plastered to me hair in my face but I was going. A group of women I had seen there many times before were coming toward me they stopped as we got closer and started to clap saying "your doing great keep it up" total strangers hard to keep going as my eyes were watering up but I felt great
  • Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    "Gee, Kyle, you smell an awful lot like flowers!"
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend said he was proud of me :)
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Random stranger at my bar while I was talking to one of the bouncers said very loudly "look at that *kitten*". It felt really good, made my weekend. :happy:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    my d1ck told me it had been so long since he'd seen my eyes, he forgot how beautiful they were.
    *warm fuzzies*

But lots of other d*cks have been right there looking deep into them many of times :laugh:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    My 5-1/2 year old daughter told me I was medium skinny the other day. :tongue: Best compliment so far. :heart:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    my d1ck told me it had been so long since he'd seen my eyes, he forgot how beautiful they were.
    *warm fuzzies*

But lots of other d*cks have been right there looking deep into them many of times :laugh:

ROFL LMMFAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    *warm fuzzies*

HA! well played, sir.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    A neighbor dude that I have seen a lot but never really talked to stopped, me one day as I was taking pictures of our house and the abandoned house across the street. A lot of complaining about our crappy HOA followed. He then says " BTW, you look fantastic. What have you done?" I told him that I was eating better and sweating...a lot of sweating. He said he could definitely see lots of changes. Its nice but a bit creepy...neighbor dude has been watching me ;)
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I hear quite often that I look amazing from all different people (MFP, family, friends, etc.). It makes me feel great and blush when they tell me that. Lots of hard work has got me where I am at now. So, when people tell me a compliment I always make sure I thank them.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    "You make me want to throw up less now when you get out of the shower" - Mrs. SofaKingRad.

ROFL
    And for using the 72 year old Cenegenics guy as your picture.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    The people at my dog's vet office see me often and know about the heart surgery I had last year and how I was looking forward to getting back to my old self. Last month I walked in the door and the receptionist shouted out "It's the incredible shrinking woman!" Also, the vet told me that I was looking great and how it was so awesome that I started running. My family doesn't really say much and it is difficult to get compliments out of my husband so this made me feel really good.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly, I have not received one, in fact only one person has even noticed I am loosing. Don't know what's up with
    that but as long as I know and can tell it is alright

Sometimes it takes awhile ..... no one noticed with me until I'd lost 25 lbs ......

It's all good ..... keep on truckin' !
  • gnrduff1
    gnrduff1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My ex's former co-worker didn't recognize me when she first saw me at my store. That was pretty sick.
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I hadn't seen my sister-in-law in about a year and a half since I started exercising and working on my eating habits, and the day I finally saw her she almost cried. She didn't even really say anything outside of "you look amazing"; the shocked look on her face and the way she hugged me were the things that stuck with me. All of the fear she'd had for my health was replaced with pride and joy in ten seconds flat. She actually told me a few weeks ago that I was her inspiration for making the same changes in her life.

I got similar reactions from all of my family members, actually. I made this change for myself, but whenever I feel like I want to throw this entire thing out the window and just stop caring about my weight, I think about all the people I love, and the looks on their faces, and the way the people in my family struggling with weight and self-esteem issues look up to me as an example of just how possible it is if you set your mind to it, and suddenly I feel way better than giving in to any craving ever would.

Thank you for sharing this part of your journey.:happy:
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    "Girl, u look soooo good." My friend said that. It made my night. =)
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    A client who hadn't seen me in a year said "You look fantasic, you look like a model, blah blah blah.....followed by I HATE YOU"

Thats my favorite part, being hated.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    From the hubby

HUBBY - "I've wanted to say something for a while but I didn't want to hurt your feelings"
    ME- "what?"
    HUBBY - "Thank you for all of your hard work- you look hot!"
    ME - ' Wow! How could that hurt my feelings?? and THANK YOU!!"
    HUBBY - "I didn't want you to think that I didn't find you sexy before"

Makes me smile just typing it!

1 year 35 lbs lost I can see my goal weight from where I stand!

Wow this on almost made me cry. I just started and If I don't someday get this from my husband he is so in trouble.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    My hubby said "come here, wench" and didn't say OOOF when I sat on his lap :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!