Does anyone eat whatever they want just within calories?

Options

Replies

• redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    A university professor proved that as long as you cut calories, you can eat junk food. He lost 27 pounds eating garbage food.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I do because I find if I don't I feel deprived and am liable to binge .
  • rachaelwendt
    rachaelwendt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used to just mind my calories...but now I'm focusing on macronutrients (carbs, fats, protein), in attempt to reach my full potential.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    No...I eat whatever I want within my macros. Calories are just one thing I track...
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I do, but I look at things to see if they are "worth" as much calories as they have. Since I am going. to do this for the rest of my life I do not plan on eating special foods that do not fit into mine or my families lifestyle or budget. Plus I like good tasting food :)
  • lucylAnneMason
    Options
    Yeah what i do, i just eat less of it =) and i'm loosing weight... i figured that there where less calories in a bag of crisps than there was in a banana =P an i don't crave anything this way... i feel healthier =)
  • Dawn200321
    Dawn200321 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes I do this as well....
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I don't eat whatever I want...but if I've been working hard at making healthy choices and I decide I want Mickey D's, why not? I just adjust the rest of my day's calories to fit around it.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I have lost over 50 lbs. since Feb. doing just that. Don't let people tell you that you can't. Of course I would have lost more, but I am still happy with what I've done.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this for quite awhile. I think it may slow down my progress, but I figure that as long as I'm working on it and losing, that's all that matters.
  • elise9832
    elise9832 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have started watching what types of foods I eat because in order to keep my calories within my target of 1,200 - 1,400 per day without being super hungry I need to be careful what I choose. If I eat "empty" calories I end up going over my limit because I'm starving an hour later!
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    I DO!!!!!
  • shavon007
    shavon007 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    No when I do that it slows down my metabolism. So I try my best to eat only healthy foods.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    A university professor proved that as long as you cut calories, you can eat junk food. He lost 27 pounds eating garbage food.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

yes....but it is so unhealthy for you. Even skinny people can drop dead of hardening of the arteries.
  • xiala
    xiala Posts: 50
    Options
    I usually have a hard time getting enough calories.
    But I also watch my carbs and protein.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    No...I eat whatever I want within my macros. Calories are just one thing I track...

This is the mentality I'm trying to learn^^^

I don't want JUST weight loss. I truly want to be healthy doing it!!
  • gr8dayao
    gr8dayao Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes. If I deny myself what I really want, I am more likely to binge on it later which causes more damage to weight loss than just eating a little bit when I want to staying within calories.
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I do. I just watch the portion sizes. For instance, I have a little dark chocolate most days. The rest of the time, I try to stick with all healthy choices. Don't sweat the small stuff.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    For weight loss - yes.
    For health - no.

that's about as simple as I can put it.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Everything and everyone