Best compliment you've gotten since starting your journey?

Options

Replies

• j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It wasn't the best compliment at the time, in fact it hurt like a mofo and made me very upset and sad....but now..its the BEST compliement ever because I realise not only did I get healthier, but I dodged a real bullet there...

My ex as he's walking out the door to go and live with another woman

"You know if you hadn't lost all that weight we would still be together."

Lauren

sorry but that is hilarious. you lost all your baggage weightand however much your ex weighed all in one fell swoop. good job. let him be her problem. it's great when they walk themselves out the door
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Just in general being stopped in gyms and told I've got a great body/physique.

Absolute best was catching the eye of my princess here on MFP. Love ya babe x
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    this week i was getting my nails done & the nail tech (an older very small, quiet vietnamese lady) said to me: "do you work out a lot? you have beautiful shape"

& what i appreciated so much abt this compliment is the fact that she recognized that hard work had been put into this shape... i'm sure there are plenty of ppl who look similar who eat whatever they want & never workout... but the fact that she could tell i put effort into it... made me smile :flowerforyou:
  • littlelaurie14
    littlelaurie14 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was visiting my mom's work, and a coworker told her, "She has a baby?? She looks like a baton with boobs"
    :huh:
    That stood out to me atleast haha
  • debobrien1
    debobrien1 Posts: 95
    Options
    My 10 year old daughter said, "Mommy, now when I hug you, my arms can touch!" :happy:
  • michellelynne474
    michellelynne474 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was talking to one of my friends and telling her how I had just bought a pair of jeans in the next size down (whoo hoo) which I happened to be wearing!! I was telling her how I had bought them at a consignment shop because it gets expensive to keep buying clothes when you are losing weight, especially when I know that this will not be my final size!! So, I was relaying that it was cool that I had actually found a dollar in the back pocket which made the jeans 5.00 :-) She says to me...." I didn't want to say anything cause I don't want you to think anything weird... but your *kitten* looks great in those jeans" I thought it would be a long time before I would hear words like that!! I know it was only from a friend, and it would have been great to hear it from the opposite sex.... but it was still great to hear it!!!
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    It was from mother/daughter friends who said I looked "thinner, tanner and younger." First complement, 6 months in and @ 47# down... it made me feel great! :happy:
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    "I could throw you down on a plate and sop you up with a biscuit!"

I really like that one!
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Last week my brother in law and his gf said, we just noticed you've lost a lot of weight. it's only been about 20 lbs ish, but It's more *compact* than what it was. So I didn't mind the *a lot* portion of the comment. Then yesterday, my husband said "you're skinny" I know it's no swooning statement, but since it's from my husband that sees me everyday, it means more than anything anyone else could say.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Well, I see my best friend like once a month or so because we live like an hour a part and have hectic lives, and every time she saw me she would rave about how great I was looking. Then I didn't see her for a few months, and just saw her recently, she told me that I inspired HER to lose weight and now all together she has lost 50lbs! I was so happy that my success inspired someone else's!
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old daughter said, "Mommy, now when I hug you, my arms can touch!" :happy:
    Did you cry?..cus I just did!
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I didn't recognize you. A compliment of utter shock(a priceless face I might add) from a life long friend at her wedding when her mom saw me. I had walked next to her casually said hi and she smiled and said hi back. I then referenced something that would have been an inside joke with us, and she looked like she had seen a ghost. The last time she has seen me I was in my size 22. I was rocking the 6/8 that I currently am
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    My BFF and I started this journey together I stuck with it but the stresses of her job and getting her masters stole her away. We were out to dinner together with a bunch of friends when I stood up she asked me,

"Have you lost more weight?"
    I Said, "Nope just the same but I'm losing inches now, why?"
    "Because when you stood up I just wanted to push you."

I love that woman.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I recently got 2. I went out with a group of friends and after quite a few drinks one of them said I looked awesome. It may have not really made a difference to some but it made me glow! Then I got called a skinny *****. :)
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    When my ten year old was a baby he would always rub my "bingo wings". Any time he is down and wants cuddles he will rub my wings... he then started adding the phrase "lots and lots of blood" while rubbing them using a vampire voice. The other day he was down in the dumps and curled up on the couch with me and was rubbing my wing and stopped dead in his tracks and said "where'd all the blood go? You are a quart low"

ummm I will take it!
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    my d1ck told me it had been so long since he'd seen my eyes, he forgot how beautiful they were.
    *warm fuzzies*

bwahahahahahaha You are Rad.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I have been really fortunate to have a lot of supportive friends and family and have gotten a lot of compliments and nice comments from people...

my favorites so far have been from a friend of a friend who saw me for the first time in about 6 months and was like "you look fantastic--you're just melting away," a guy friend who saw me in a tank top last summer and said, "don't take this the wrong way but you are TOTALLY rockin' that tank top" (he's married so it's probably good his wife was not present at the time), and from my brother--my bro lives in another state and comes out to visit once a year--I invited him to run with me at my running group. As we were starting our warm up he looked over and said "I can't believe how skinny you are" and "I can't believe you can keep up with me"--last year when he came out to visit I had lost some weight but I definitely couldn't keep up with him running!
  • LeilaFace
    Options
    my d1ck told me it had been so long since he'd seen my eyes, he forgot how beautiful they were.
    *warm fuzzies*

But lots of other d*cks have been right there looking deep into them many of times :laugh:

HA! well played, sir.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I'm dying.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I sent my profile photo to my friend who got me on this site, 2 weeks before I actually used it on the site... and his response was, "wow! you don't share that bod? that's a beach body!!!" now from a man who rarely make comments... THAT was a compliment. lol!!! now with his encouragement, I do share my bod (photos). lol!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!