Best compliment you've gotten since starting your journey?

Options

Replies

• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP since 10/10 and this thread is by far my all-time favorite. Thanks so much for posting, everyone. It's given me a lot to look forward to and I've enjoyed reading the posts so much.

Oh, maybe I should post a compliment of my own. Someone did tell me a few months back that I had a "very sexy body" and to not lose too much weight because he loved my curves. It felt good because I was going through a rough time where I was really feeling bad about myself.

:flowerforyou:
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    :happy: :love: :heart: :smooched: at the lake, just 2 weeks ago, hubby and i were on the boat with our friends, I notice him glaring at me with a smile (I had a 2 piece bathing suit on), so I finally walk over to him and ask what's up? He told me he can see my ABS! totally made my day! especially since he sees me on a daily basis, with and without my clothes on..... :happy: :love: :smooched: :bigsmile:
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    "You work out like a mule."

I'm takin' it as a compliment damn it!
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have not logged in on daily basis lately due to a crazy work schedule, under heavy stress. I still made efforts to eat well, sometimes relying on a few to many protein bars. I was afraid of the scale. I finally stepped on it and had not gained anything. I said to my husband, who weighs in daily (even is he was naughty), happy to report: "I am not angry at the scale, I have not put on anything!". He replied "You look amazing, you could put on a few pounds and look even more yummy!" I so love the man!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I was helping hubby build a swing set for the kids and when we picked up a large section of it he said "Damn, look at those muscles. It's making me kinda hot." Love that man!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    The Purolator delivery lady said, "You look so good. I'm proud of you!"

Finally, I made someone proud. I'm so happy.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    "you're looking scrawny" it was said by my brother so I translated it to you look slim and healthy :happy:
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD, NATE I DIDNT RECOGNIZE YOU!!

kinda of embarrasing moment but I LOVE THEM, Ive gotten it a few times :)
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When people who haven't seen me in a couple of years don't recognize me. This has happened a few times. It's great:smile:
  • AlicynH
    AlicynH Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD, NATE I DIDNT RECOGNIZE YOU!!

kinda of embarrasing moment but I LOVE THEM, Ive gotten it a few times :)

This. Isn't it a great feeling???
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The Purolator delivery lady said, "You look so good. I'm proud of you!"

Finally, I made someone proud. I'm so happy.

I'm proud of you.
  • Ittybitty22
    Ittybitty22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    my id looks fake cuz my face is slimmer
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    That is looked toned and my abs look fit.
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    My friend told me that I look like a model now, compared to what i looked like before. It made me feel great :)
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1. My husband totally interrupted me talking to him one night to say out of no where, "You're looking so skinny!" I think it was the first time I didn't have to ask if I was looking any better so it meant a lot. :smile:

2. While swimsuit shopping 2 total strangers on separate occasions told me there was no way I could be a large. They were right, the medium fit better! I was shocked!
  • GlowingG
    GlowingG Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly, I have not received one, in fact only one person has even noticed I am loosing. Don't know what's up with
    that but as long as I know and can tell it is alright

I've lost 94lbs - and some people who are complimenting me now said they weren't sure if it was Ok to comment earlier. Now I'm so transformed they feel more comfortable. It's almost like to say you look fab or you've lost a ton of weight is also an implied criticism that you used to be fat.

Glad you are keeping at it,

Ali
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I don't think anyone has noticed I've lost 16 pounds, but I JUST started going to the gym and have started lifting weights, and had TWO trainers say to me that I have excellent form! I felt really proud. :blushing:
  • swedishwillow
    swedishwillow Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    "you've literally worked your *kitten* off"
    from my little sister

Ive always had a HUGE bum ... shelf and all --- the other day she noticed that my but no longer stuck out & it was flat where it used to be rounded LOL
  • BobzStuff
    BobzStuff Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've gotten some really good "Look at you skinny" and "Wow, you have lost so much weight." compliments but the best one is odd. I've always looked just like my mom and sister (wer'e 4 years apart and people think we're twins) but I have my dads eyes, height, lack of a butt and freckles. My mother is beautiful but I've always felt more like my dad. My grandmother looked at me one day and said "It's amazing how much you look like your dad now that you've lost so much weight." Has nothing to do with vanity and all to do with my heart.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    From my husband and daughter..."Don't know what you are doing but it is making a difference." "You really are looking good."
    The profile pic was changed today..Green is how I looked 6 weeks ago, Red was taken today. Not bad for a 75 year old eh?
    Check me out 6 more weeks...will change profile every six weeks..I am really pumped!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!