Looking Good for the Camera vs Looking Good

Options

Replies

• california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I think I look like my photos, but of course I use the best ones. Doesn't everyone do that?
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    In person, I take my pants off a lot. It's much better, trust me.

Now why would you do that?:bigsmile:
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    I think I look better in person. I always feel awkward posing for pictures, and I feel like that comes through in the photo. Besides, there's a fire in my eyes that no camera can even try to capture :wink:
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    I look like I look in my profile pic. That's what I look like every day pretty much. Meh.
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have been called fake by not one but TWO of my so called friends simply because of the angles I take my pictures. They said, "they're not really you.." Really?! Ok, so maybe I like to pose a little offset, but I also have pics on my page facing straight forward. No one likes to post the worst pics of themselves, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who can take several pics in the same (or several) angles to get one that looks the best :) Just because I like to pose a certain way doesn't mean I'm not me.
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have been told, by many different people, that I dont photograph well.... lol grrreat!! So I have been told that I am actually a whole lot prettier in person! so who knows?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My legs look better in motion than in photos.
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Personally i think i look alot better in pictures even though i think they dont really look like me in real life but the one time i put up a picture on facebook that i thought i looked like what i see in the mirror all of my close friends who i see often said it didnt look like me and that i looked weird lol so i guess people think im better looking than i do but i always put full body pictures too so people know what i look like entirely and not just my head. Lol on the other hand my sister who is absolutely gorgeous in person looks horrible in pictures so if someone was to meet her they would be Happily surprised
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I actually look better than my pics because I haven't figured out how to capture the true definition in my abs and arms. Kind of difficult with self timer and holding camera with one hand.

I think the same way...I am extremely proud of my pics, but feel I look better in person. Plus, all my pics on here are of me without my hair or makeup done...a girl can do magic applying some "face paint" and straightening her hair lol

*BTW: all my pics are from the past week or so lol
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I pretty much look exactly like my pics. :)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I've only taken one good picture in my life... and it was my senior picture in high school... so not in my profile. I'm not sure why, but I swear the camera distorts my face. Maybe I just have no clue of my angles... but I will think I look pretty in the mirror, go quickly try to take a picture, and the pretty just never shows up in the picture. I like to think that it's because my beauty exceeds the capability of the camera... but more likely it's just easier to be optimistic about what you see in the mirror than when you are a more objective viewer.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't meet up with internet people, so i'm safe and you don't have to be disapointed (or pleasantly suprised) however you wanna look at it! LOL :noway:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Hah. I don't think artificially flattering pictures is an issue which affects me.

<
    Plenty of belleh there.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I don't meet up with internet people, so i'm safe and you don't have to be disapointed (or pleasantly suprised) however you wanna look at it! LOL :noway:

I know right? We internet people are soooo scary :).
  • isweatglitter
    Options
    I think I look better in the mirror and in real life, but the pictures show me as I am.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I think I look better in the mirror and in real life, but the pictures show me as I am.

If you look better in person...I NEVER want to meet you. Not that I'm in any danger of this, I know...but still!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    ...and reveal my secret hero identity? NEVER!
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I think I look exactly the same in real life as I do in the pictures. I have actually had people tell me I am way prettier in real life than my pictures I post, but I see no difference. And by the way I really wouldn't mind at all to meet a few people off my FL in real life :love:
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    luv, curiosity killed the cat... lol!!! they are all me. :) I'm actually better in person! :) I've lost more pounds and inches... :D wanna see? lol!!!! ;D

Yes please.

fly on over!!!! lol!!!
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Wrong board