BUT MY HUSBAND SAID.......

Options
124»

Replies

• jungleprincess
    jungleprincess Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    wacky, that is part of my response...the dialogue should not stop just because the man says NO. it should be 50/50, give and take, til death do us part... does a man always stop when a woman says no? ha, we know that answer! a little off course maybe but all the same. a rose is a rose is a rose. he has his hobbies (so to say) and so does she. i don't always go to the racetrack just cuz my man wants to go, nor likewise does he always go karaoking with me on a saturday night...and that's OK cuz the trust is there. our differences are what keep us interested, not controlled by the other's feelings.
  • jungleprincess
    Options
    nah, just another lady in her 40s, knows what she wants in her life, and makes it happen, like you're wanting to do. oh, i see now...some responders are just young pups still. some young ones out there replying will, no doubt, have a different opinion once they get where we are now, imchicbad. no offense intended to anyone under 35, cuz a lot of it it just amounts to life's experiences. believe it or not, my man would love it if i tried out for amateur night down at the mens club, if ya know what i mean, whether i won or not. ha, gotta love that man for having that confidence in me to begin with! and he's proud of me for having that confidence in myself as well. you know, having confidence in yourself and each other is not like anything else you can provide for your mate, no matter what the hobby, sport, competition, job prospect, etc., may be.
  • jungleprincess
    Options
    did i mention i just turned a young 49 and still turn heads at "this old age"? Mostly from guys in their 30s?? LOL! Confidence? You bet! do i act on it? No, because i am secure in my world and so is my husband. Later, y'all, time to go join my (younger) husband for the night! bless you, imchicbad, and you don't ever stop reaching for the sky!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Sometimes spouses get jealous...Why bash him for it online? Pretty rude.

Hes probably worried that you may run off with someone whos better looking & all that jazz that him...

It's really a common thing after a life change...

Instead of getting online & being rude to him, TALK to him...!
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    what more could a girl ask for, support and a compliment here and there (flowers are nice-for no reason- even better:wink: ) but thats it. let me know you see me, you notice me, you want me. it lets me know your interested still after all these years, like i look at him, sure theres guys my age, handsom whatever- but they dont catch my eye like he does-they just arent nothing compared to him. hes mine, and im his-who cares what anyone else thinks or says. when your busy with eveyone else, and noticing everyone else, even the most beautiful woman-smart- and confident....can become so insecure and feel ugly. get it now......nothing worse than feeling rejected by your own spouse. if he dont get it, then whos got my back?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I just asked my husband what he thought about me doing a fitness competition and he said, "Go for it." But that's the kind of relationship we have. If one of us wants to do something (within the bounds of our marriage vows) the other one supports it. We are proud of each other and our achievements. Showing your body in a fitness competition hardly counts as cheating I think. My husband knows I come home to him and only him - and vice versa - so he isn't insecure about stuff like this. I wouldn't do something he was really against, though. We are a team. Good luck figuring this one out! Remember what's really important! :heart:
  • imchicbad
    Options
    barbwhite: rude to my husband NOT (mida no mas este hina pensa que- hablando con quen!? una mensa?!', OYLA EXAJERADA- no mammes) dont get it twisted.
  • go2anderson
    go2anderson Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just ask him why he doesn't compliment you or support you even though you compliment him... Sometimes guys just can't read your mind and aren't good at picking up that kind of thing. Tell him how you feel.

As far as a Miss Fitness, if its really important to you its important to discuss it with him and get his feelings. I can kind of understand that a guy doesn't want a room full of 500 other guys oogling his wife dressed in what is usually a thong and bra. I suppose if he has any slightest doubts about your relationship anywhere in his mind, he would be pretty repulsed by the idea. Personally I think I'd be okay with it (after all, it would be *me* going home to sleep with the "hot chick") but I can certainly understand guys who would take issue with it...
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nice guy-not! You go girl-pay no attention to anyone but yourself.
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    Would you consider you are in a happy healthy relationship otherwise?

I can understand how he might feel. He is probably just a bit threatened and I assume this is not a new thing either.

I personally would be thrilled to be in his situation.

I think you owe it to eachother to come to some sort of middle ground or at least talk through it. Marriage isn't about control but it is about being sensitive to eachothers feelings and desires. Unfotunately this goes both ways.

Good luck
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    i love my husband. I just wish he could stand in my shoes for once, JUST ONCE.

I was looking at your profile pics and if your husband is the guy in your pics I think it would be hard for him in those white boot/heels thing you got going on. :laugh:
    joking aside I agree with the communication sentiment others have said.
  • imchicbad
    Options
    we are in a good relationship-strong marriage, this so called convo we had was a shocker....unexpected reaction.