Can I get a date?

Options
LHSweeney
LHSweeney Posts: 87 Member
This is my first OP so be gentle. I need a date or 10. I have been so busy for so long I haven't dated. Now I go out and people creep me out or get put in the friend zone on the first date. WTH ? Did I forget everything? Are there no hot guys between 30 and 45 in VA who arent married or weird? I tend to date younger and some of those guys want kids and are worried I cant, but yup I still can. LOL So tell me girls or guys whats the best way for me to find some quality peeps for long or short term or even for a see how it goes relationship that ends up as friendship : ) Im ready to have some fun! I need it to rain some men!

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling..

I would date you. :)
  • LHSweeney
    Options
    Well..hey... at least you know where to find me ... : )
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I need it to rain some men!

I know the feeling!! haha
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    Hey -- come hang out in the single peeps group!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/299-single-peeps-

We're fun and love to talk about all our crazy dates!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Good luck...I see there is a single group on here. Bye
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I need it to rain some men!

I know the feeling!! haha

me too. I know the feeling:sad: :sad:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Come to NY!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Wish I could provide some words of wisdom.. same boat.. I'm taking notes on this post, lol!
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    Join a club or a sports team!
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    same here ,I live in a small town,Port hardy b.c ,that has 3000 people on a good day,they are either drunks,drugies,or have 10 kids,anyone want to move here ,lol,,maybe ment to be single ,had one date in 2 years and it gets harder to find anyone to date that I am interested in,well guess I will have to just keep on fishing
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Maybe try an online dating website? It's 2012, so you don't have to be AS scared with online dating, these days, and it's become more of a norm now.

Or a friend's party? Or through a mutual friend? A good handful of friends and I have met our significant others at our friend's parties/game-night events.

When I was single, I was told to tell people I was single, so they could be on a look out for me. I recommend telling only people you trust/are really close to so they aren't constantly doing that "Oh! I know someone I could hook you up with" and setting you up with random people...but people who will GENUINELY be on a look out for you and know what type of guys you are interested in.

My best advice is just to put yourself out there in a "confidence is sexy" kind of way, not the sleezy outfit kind of way! :0) You might be surprised at who is looking at you when you do! (i.e. my boyfriend noticed me WAY before I noticed him, I was in a crappy relationship when I met him, but he chased me after we met until I became his & I'm happy he did because he's "my ONE"!)

Good Luck!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Dates on a plate for you:flowerforyou:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8HRFmfcWhSjlVYdWlN8OncQEWC6JfNW_oSBzN5bD1w3n11IPbpA
  • LHSweeney
    Options
    HAHA nice ! I love dates !
  • yelpat
    yelpat Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    MFP all the way
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    This is my first OP so be gentle. I need a date or 10. I have been so busy for so long I haven't dated. Now I go out and people creep me out or get put in the friend zone on the first date. WTH ? Did I forget everything? Are there no hot guys between 30 and 45 in VA who arent married or weird? I tend to date younger and some of those guys want kids and are worried I cant, but yup I still can. LOL So tell me girls or guys whats the best way for me to find some quality peeps for long or short term or even for a see how it goes relationship that ends up as friendship : ) Im ready to have some fun! I need it to rain some men!

I empathize. I took myself out of the arena for a long time, because I didn't have the confidence to date, and now that I'm getting it back, I see the same things you do....creeps and weirdos or cheaters. I know there are awesome men out there, but they're hard to spot! Good luck to you! :smile:
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Hmm... what's that cheesy line? Uh... you've gotta dig through a lot of shiz to find a diamond? Anyways, you get what I'm trying to say.

I did a lot of online dating, because 1) I work really long hours, so I don't go out very much if ever, and 2) When I did manage to go out in public, the only guys that hit on me were really weird, homeless, and/or *kitten*... so..... yeah. Online worked best for me. I also made a lot of friends that way too. So, if you're feeling up to it, you should try it --> okcupid.com has always been my favorite site, because they have fun quizzes, the guys who created the site are incredibly smart, the people there are pretty decent, and best of all, it's free!

Keep in mind, just like regular dating, you'll need a lot of patience... but at least you can be patient at home and do the monotonous "meet and greet - interview questions" in the comfort of your pajamas. Plus it takes the pressure off a bit, because by the time you actually meet the guy, you kind of already know him. :) Just a suggestion. Good luck!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

May I ask what are you looking for in a person? What are your likes and dislikes in a man?
  • ChelseaM18
    ChelseaM18 Posts: 303
    Options
    Go out looking like you do in your picture and you'll have them lining up :)

Keep all your options open, you can meet new people everywhere :D
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I am trying online dating again, after being unsuccessful previously, I've been single for almost 2 years. I've chatted to some nice guys but not really getting any "spark" from them, it's quite time consuming too, which puts me off. I do enjoy getting the odd "call me baby" messages :laugh:
    Ideally I'd like to find someone spontaneously, but not sure how??!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help, but I'm there, too. The older you get (NOT meaning "old" at all, but once you hit about 30), the harder it is to find decent single men. Most men in the age range I would date are either married or in long term relationships.