Shocking!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• taratam83
    taratam83 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That tracking everything I do would help me to be successful.
    That a 1/2 cup serving is actually A LOT of food!
    That I can find the time to exercise, even when my life is crazy!! (Just completed 2 summer classes in the same term, the university is a little over and hour from my house, and I have 2 kids 5 & 2 - it was crazy and I still managed a 5 lb weight loss that month)
    That I actually crave exercise - my choice - hiking the hills of middle TN!! Jokingly call them the Brazilian butt burn trails!
    That I can still eat the "bad" foods in moderation - hello pizza, peanut butter, chocolate, and my recent fave - frozen yogurt!
  • divinebird
    divinebird Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    That I would ever be the person in the group to suggest we do something active, like go for a walk, instead of watching a movie.
    That I CAN be satisfied with a single serving of food.
    How many excuses and justifications I made to myself for years--things I held as unwavering truth have turned out to be lies I was telling myself. (Oh, I just CAN'T exercise. I HATE working up a sweat. I MUST eat more because my stomach is big.)
    How easy it is to get up at dawn to make a real breakfast for my husband & me, then go for a 2-mile walk before work. (And how much I LOVE it!)
    The very idea that I am TRULY CONSIDERING joining a local 5k race--just because I can.
    That I've owned a pair of sneakers for two years, but am finally breaking them in!

I think all these things are shocking my friends & family, too! My sister (who is also on here, but is maintaining her very healthy lifestyle) called me the other day to ask who I was and what I'd done with her sister. ;) My husband says he can't see any huge changes (which makes sense, since I haven't even been doing MFP for a month) but he says my energy levels are through the roof...and for that alone, he's happy. (Which is really good, because I know my health worried him. He works in life insurance claims and every day he sees a death claim for someone dying of weight-related complications. At least one thing can ease his mind, now!)
  • KimmyD_TurboGirl
    Options
    1. I do not drink enough water
    2. Pizza and cake aren't worth the calories
    3. I eat better when I keep a food diary
    4. Avocados are way high in calories!! But still delicious :)
  • EmmaLB1990
    EmmaLB1990 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    that bread's not healthy, and milk has sugar in it...I'm not very clued up on food facts obviously!

x
  • HFD68
    HFD68 Posts: 16
    Options
    i was shocked to learn my nurse practicianer was right. i dont need a magic pill, that doesnt exist anyway, to loose weight:noway:
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Still surprises me that I can have an emotionally trainwrecked day and NOT land face first in the fridge.

This!! ^^
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    That I can run! This is shocking to me since I never believed I could.... let alone run a half marathon!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    That I would ever be the person in the group to suggest we do something active, like go for a walk, instead of watching a movie.
    That I CAN be satisfied with a single serving of food.
    How many excuses and justifications I made to myself for years--things I held as unwavering truth have turned out to be lies I was telling myself. (Oh, I just CAN'T exercise. I HATE working up a sweat. I MUST eat more because my stomach is big.)
    How easy it is to get up at dawn to make a real breakfast for my husband & me, then go for a 2-mile walk before work. (And how much I LOVE it!)
    The very idea that I am TRULY CONSIDERING joining a local 5k race--just because I can.
    That I've owned a pair of sneakers for two years, but am finally breaking them in!

I think all these things are shocking my friends & family, too! My sister (who is also on here, but is maintaining her very healthy lifestyle) called me the other day to ask who I was and what I'd done with her sister. ;) My husband says he can't see any huge changes (which makes sense, since I haven't even been doing MFP for a month) but he says my energy levels are through the roof...and for that alone, he's happy. (Which is really good, because I know my health worried him. He works in life insurance claims and every day he sees a death claim for someone dying of weight-related complications. At least one thing can ease his mind, now!)

I just have to say.... Way to go!!
  • dianefambry
    dianefambry Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I AGREE! Couldn't have said it better!