How do you like your steak?

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    very rare with a little salt and pepper.
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Medium with blue cheese crust
  • littlemoonsandy
    littlemoonsandy Posts: 1,930
    Options
    rare, with butt loads of pepper on it, grilled
  • beccahummel423
    beccahummel423 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Rare. With Montreal steak seasoning & California garlic salt. Perfection.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Salt & Pepper are all I need.

I like mine rare, medium rare, or medium. Most of the time when I order a steak at a restaurant, I go for medium rare.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I myself am a terrible steak and bbq cook myself. However I do enjoy steak. I always order medium-well. A steak joint around here makes such amazing steaks! And the bread they put out is seriously delicious!! Now I'm hungry :(
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Medium rare, preferably a ribeye, but to help cals and fat, I usually get sirloin. Marinated with Montreal, Worshteshire, vinegar, oil ... Mmmm :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I like it when somebody else buys!!!
    NY Med
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Rare. Nothing added. No salt, no pepper, no steak sauce, no nothing.
  • kaylasue_mustlose
    Options
    how good does a steak sound now? i hate food threads. they make me SO hungry!....back to the gym;)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I make a really good dry rub for my steaks. I also like to wrap them in bacon.

I grill mine, searing each side first then indirectly cooking to medium-rare. It's delicious like this.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Blue fillet steak........ slice it off the *kitten* and slap it on the plate as a wonderful Texan anaesthetist I once knew used to say........ he did make me chuckle :laugh:

Good friend of my dad used to order his steaks "room temperature" in restaurants. He didn't like them cooked at all, but didn't want them straight out of the fridge either. I agree that they taste best raw, I just find no one will eat at a table with me if I eat them that way, so I do sear them a little on each side. I don't put anything on them because I like the taste of meat. I don't need to add anything to make it taste good. I feel the same way about coffee and tea. I don't need to add anything, I like them as they are.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    tube steak every day! tube steak alll the way!!!
    ummm...errrr......wrong site. :blushing:

You just earned a friend....one creeper FR sent:flowerforyou:
  • SingerJennXXXX
    Options
    Good question, Matty!

I like mine medium/medium rare, seasoned with garlic, salt & pepper. Sometimes I marinate it in Lee & Perrin's before I grill it.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Rare, straight off the hoof!

:smile: This!!!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Medium and in a reasonable portion, 4oz., maybe 6. Maybe a little salt and pepper, a good steak doesn't need much.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    marinated in worchestire sauce, red wine, garlic and grilled on a charcoal grill........Medium

NY Sirloin Strip....2 inches thick!
  • Salasel
    Salasel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ribeye Grilled Rare or Medium Rare With Montreal Steak seasoning
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Thick cut ribeye, naked. Flame-seared, but if a good vet can't get it back on its feet in 10 minutes, it's overcooked!
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Medium rare ribeye with just a touch of Kosher salt & black pepper, and CHARCOAL-grilled. And leave the fat intact, please! I eat it all!