I found No calorie peanut butter

Options
124»

Replies

• thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    If you found peanut butter that didn't contain calories AND tasted good it would be a major diccovery! :wink:

Yes. This what I was hoping for-obviously. Or at least tasted edible. This not so much.
  • moeheep
    moeheep Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree...that calorie free peanut butter taste like s**t !!

I eat 4-6 spoonfuls of regular old peanut butter a day...lots of "Good" fats...protein....just stay within my macros!
  • rrrainiii
    rrrainiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OP - I was going to post this EXACT SAME THING! It tastes so strange! I'll probably throw mine away. I keep thinking that "next time" maybe it won't taste so bad and I keep re-trying it. I can't even get through a teaspoonful. You can't even compare it to peanut butter...it's sort of like a thick, salty, artificial tasting peanut pudding. YUCK.
  • thirtyandthriving
    Options
    Why would anyone want to eat no calorie food? It can't actually be food at some point if there is no calories.

You can stuff yourself full of chemicals and garbage and not eat any calories, but are you going to be healthy? Is your body going to thank you?

I don't get it.

Wouldn't it be better to eat real food and just watch yourself?

Yes, ma'am, it sure would be. I don't think that the goal for most people is to eat all "zero" calorie food. But if you have a peanut utter and jelly sandwich and can knock 200 calories off, then why not...

I didn't loose 60 pounds by Being retarded.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    really anything with 0 calories is NOT healthy..... it is not always about the calories, think about what you are putting into your body.... why would you want to put that type of stuff into your body?? I would rather have the calories in peanut butter than all that crap. Low calorie, low fat etc doesn't make it healthier or a better choice.

Amen. Give the body some decent nutrition and it will work out how to burn the 'extra' calories naturally (within reason).

This thread has reminded me to have my daily handful of raw nuts though ... I wonder how many calories are in there ... actually, I don't care :)
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I literally have never tasted anything so bad in my life. It tasted toxic. I was at work when I tried it. I actually wiped my tongue to try to get the taste out of my mouth. I offered the jar to anyone who wanted it. No one took it so I threw it away. I did not know about the money back gaurantee nor would I care. I will never try their produts again.
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure that crap shouldn't even be classified as food.

Ingredients: Purified water, vegetable fiber, sea salt, corn starch, xanthan gum, natural roasted peanut flavor, natural peanut extract, lactic acid, sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness) sucralose, FD&C yellow no. 5, 6.

Yep...Toxins, Carcinogens (cancer causing chemicals), and artificial food coloring that is made out of crude oil.....*sigh*
  • thirtyandthriving
    Options
    OP - I was going to post this EXACT SAME THING! It tastes so strange! I'll probably throw mine away. I keep thinking that "next time" maybe it won't taste so bad and I keep re-trying it. I can't even get through a teaspoonful. You can't even compare it to peanut butter...it's sort of like a thick, salty, artificial tasting peanut pudding. YUCK.
    I knew once I stuck my finger in it and it was basically the consistency of gelatinous cold gravy, it was going to be bad. It just tasted like peanut butter flavored chemicals.... Blah !
  • whitm2103
    whitm2103 Posts: 41
    Options
    bump
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    That sounds like the unhealthiest thing ever. The protein and the healthy fats, all missing? Instead replaced by something created in a lab that we'll be seeing on the news 10 years from now as carcinogenic? I'll pass.

Be happy that it was disgusting, or you might have eaten it again.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Those ingredients you listed aren't far off from regular peanut butter like Jif or Peter Pan. I'd try it :P

Your kidding, right???????????
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    When I saw the thread title I thought it was too good to be true...
  • BetterThanExpected
    BetterThanExpected Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Try PB2, it only has 45cal per two tbsp :)
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true.....

Isn't "contains calories" (i.e. ENERGY) part of the inherent definition of what "food" is?
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    Dang it. I got really excited when I saw the title.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    It's NOT peanut butter....that's why it's disgusting. I've had other stuff by Walden Farms, too - they're zero calorie salad dressings - nasty!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I've tried some of their dressings. I'm too traumatized by them to try anything else of theirs.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Those ingredients you listed aren't far off from regular peanut butter like Jif or Peter Pan. I'd try it :P

It really isn't good tho I have read that people use it to make "peanut" sauce. I love a lot of their salad dressings and their chocolate syrup and caramel dip but I hated their "apple butter" (tastes like a hard jello apple cider jelly) and this peanut butter crap is very thin and runny! I had a salad tonight with their raspberry vinegrette:) My husband used the ranch. We also like the ceasar, blue cheese and balsamic. My blood sugar stays below 100 when using these products and I get zero carbs/calories which has helped me lost 112 lbs. Of course, the fatty, calorie laden "real" things probably tasted better to me at first but so did real coca cola and pepsi and whole fat milk and now they taste like lard and syrup to me.
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    Why would anyone want to eat no calorie food? It can't actually be food at some point if there is no calories.

You can stuff yourself full of chemicals and garbage and not eat any calories, but are you going to be healthy? Is your body going to thank you?

I don't get it.

Yes, ma'am, it sure would be. I don't think that the goal for most people is to eat all "zero" calorie food. But if you have a peanut utter and jelly sandwich and can knock 200 calories off, then why not...

So true!

I really doubt that I could live on salad dressing and chocolate syrup lol. I actually bought mine thinking to use it to make a thai peanut butter sauce but no way!

I buy my Walden Farms products at Sprouts Farmers "Healthy, Natural & Organic Grocery Stores" after a dietician suggested them to me:)
  • thirtyandthriving
    Options

I don't get it.

So true!

I really doubt that I could live on salad dressing and chocolate syrup lol. I actually bought mine thinking to use it to make a thai peanut butter sauce but no way!

I buy my Walden Farms products at Sprouts Farmers "Healthy, Natural & Organic Grocery Stores" after a dietician suggested them to me:)

I have a great thai peanut sauce. I will message it to you. Very low in calories! :)