30DS Disappointment

Options
2»

Replies

• mommy081805
    Options
    I love Jillian when she was on the Biggest Loser. So I went out and bought her workout DVDs, I have the 30 day shred and to me it is more like the 30 day dread!.....I am not a fan! I would rather do 60 mins of Taebo than 20 mins of the shred. I have Taebo insane abs and the original Taebo work out with Billy Blanks.
  • kwin91
    kwin91 Posts: 128
    Options
    Yes, you can't just do the video, you have to add in at least 30 minutes of extra cardio almost everyday, be it walking, jogging, or running. Plus it could be in Muscle or water that you've gained two pounds
  • jerseyjenus
    jerseyjenus Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I completely 30 DS and I didn't lose any weight but I DID lose 2 inches around my waist, hips and thighs. I still do Level 3, love that workout!

Wait to you start Level 2 - it is no joke and half way through, you should start to see body changes.
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    What are you eating? How are you marking it in your excercise diary? Give it time, drink lots of water and keep checking those measurements! Don't push your body too hard if your doing other things as well.
  • goodbyerachel
    Options
    Level 1 was pretty disappointing, but the other levels were a big step up. I didn't actually lose any weight from it - but it definitely made me stronger (especially my arms - it was awesome!) so I felt like it was pretty motivating.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you have a calorie deficit? Do you eat back your calories? What did you do before 30 ds? Some newbies gain a lot of water in the beginning.its very common.

Some newbies gain water but the master ninja shredders will lose weight when they start a 30DS
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Don't plan t to see a change that fast....keep doing it everyday. How is your diet?? 70% of weightloss is diet. It you haven't been doing a exercise like that...it might be water.
    Keep up the good work until the 30 days is over!! I did it for 3 months.
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've got nothing but great things to say on 30ds and I'm only on day 2 level 2. Maybe you should watch your sodium and up your water intake. I never measured myself but I definitely feel stronger and can see a difference in my abs already. I'd also recommend adding some cardio. Her vids will definitely give you tone but you won't be able to tell unless you burn the fat over the muscle, and I really don't think there's enough cardio in there to make a fast difference if that's what you're looking for.
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    please dont give up, its not all about the scale, ive done 30DS twice, i gained 4pounds after the first week of round 1 and ive not lost it after doing the whole 30 days twice but ive lost 12 inches all in all and gone down a dress size and my clothes fit completely different. im starting ripped in 30 tomorrow and im past caring what the scale says cos i look and feel so much better, good luck with the rest of it. x
  • CarriLu123
    CarriLu123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't stop believe me. Your muscles are retaining water to help them repair. It is well worthe the whole 30 days.
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great replies. In response to some of the questions:

1. My MFP calories are suggested at 1500 and I try not to go below 1200 NET after I add the exercise
    2. I enter the exercise as circuit training for 20min and try not to eat back all the calories since I'm not sure 295cal is an accurate burn (although seems to mesh with other sites I've looked it up on)
    3. I drink about 6 glasses of water and just can't seem to add more without getting nauseous

I hear a lot about retaining water so I'm hoping that's it, I'm not going to give up but I guess I don't understand how you can retain so much water that it offsets fat loss.

Well we'll see what next week brings. You don't know how much I appreciate you guys taking the time to respond.
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Update: I just did L2D9 today and it was my weigh in day.

I lost the 3 lbs I gained during level 1 (water I'm sure)
    I lost 1.5 inches on my waist and 1 inch on my hips

I'm saving the rest of the measurements until I complete the program so only 12 more days (including 1 rest day)