Any Single Moms Trying to Get Fit??!!

Options
Hey Ladies!! Just wondering if there are any single moms out there trying to get fit!! I know I am one of them and even though its hard enough dealing with a full plate already I know we can motivate and encourage each other to get fit and healthy for our children!! Lets do this!!! :flowerforyou: WE ROCK!! ADD ME

Replies

• BEMND
    BEMND Posts: 33
    Options
    It's hard... Especially when your sitter cancels on you! (mine just canceled for tomorrow) I try doing as many physical activities w/ my son as possible. I've only been trying to get healthy for a month now, but so far we're doing ok!
  • morgynsmama
    Options
    You look great already! Im single with two kids, and trying to get my *kitten* in better shape!
  • morgynsmama
    Options
    You look great already! Im single with two kids, and trying to get my *kitten* in better shape!
  • trina433
    trina433 Posts: 96
    Options
    thanks i have two kids as well. i have been on this fitness journey for a few months now. still got a ways to go!!!
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ME!!!! I have 2 kids!!! It can be a challange sometimes to get those work outs in with them around! I have found if I get up earlier then they do it works out great!!!
  • misspastiche
    misspastiche Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a Single Mom of 2... I just recently joined MFP I've heard so much about it from my neighbor and now im like OMGGG look what i was missing this whole time. So please add me - I'm definitely looking for anyone who is MOTIVATED and will be here reporting in everyday ... ADD ME!
  • tiffers1022
    Options
    Hello! :)
    I know what you mean, and then try to add working full time and college student online. Where do I find the time??!
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom of one boy. A very active boy and I'm tired of telling him to go play by himself so now I am getting up and going off to play with him lol but i have a lot of weight to loos before i can do so and not loose my breath
  • misspastiche
    misspastiche Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yessss Lappy.. getting up earlier getting your workout on is a PLUS!!!!
  • 4sandrad
    4sandrad Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Single mom of 4. I adult, 2 High Schoolers and an 8 year old. Add me. :)
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Woohoo...single moms unite!!

I'm a single mom of 2 kids....my daughter is 7 and my son is 4. However, I have also inherited my 28-year old brother.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I am a single mom to two boys, ages 12 and 16.... you would think that because they are older, I have all the time in the world to work out and be healthy. NOT

Both of my boys play several sport, and some of them travel (hockey, lacrosse, and basketball).... so I am always on the run.

I am not trying to focus on being fit and healthy.... I used to be the hot mom.... then I was the chubby mom. I am ready to be the hot mom again!! LOL
  • luvboo88
    luvboo88 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am a single mother of a 5 yr old little boy :). I am starting the Insanity program today... I'm tired of not having any energy to play with him! I have to make a change for him, even more than for me. Add me :)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom of 3 and a half year old twin boys :)
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom of a 1 and a half year old little boy! And i work full time and have 2 dogs and a house to take care of! It is definitely a lot of work but so worth it!
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've got a 17 mth old. It's hard, but I know it will be worth it. :D Cheer to everyone!
  • itsmejosie81
    Options
    I am a single mom of 3, all boys, 4, 8 and 11. i have to work out waaaaaaaaaaaay early in the morning or in the evening after they go to bed. Its hard to work out when they are awake. Seems as soon as my foot hits the treadmill they start the fighting or need me for something. Now that its summertime though we are in the pool a lot. So i should start working out in the water. Add me!!
  • msjnrucker
    Options
    Hello! :)
    I know what you mean, and then try to add working full time and college student online. Where do I find the time??!

*Standing In Praise* YES! I work full time, attend school part time online, and am a mother to two boys (12 & 10) who are active in sports, which means any HOPE of free time disappears! LOL!

I've found that finding time is easier done when you incorporate them. My oldest son struggles with his own weight issues so for him and I to do things together actually works out well for us. We do A LOT of Wii Fit activities, we've taken family Boxing classes, now that it's summer we swim, I also found a children's gym...which I think is GENIUS, wish they had one closer to me!

I go into work early (7am) and therfore normally get off early enough to exercise before I get home...when I can find the energy to motivate after a long day. My son and I are just starting evening walks which will be great, and if we stop at the bball court to hoop it up a bit that'll be even better!
  • gemaudlin
    gemaudlin Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm just recently a single mommy. My fiance and I split up after 4 years. We have a 2 year old son! I try to exercise as OFTEN as I can when he's at his father's house. I could use the extra motivation! You are welcome to add me!
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I'm a single mom to a wonderful, and VERY energetic 2 year old boy! Thankfully he LOVES to be outside! I try to find time right after work to run on the days his father has him and then do SOMETHING when he is home with me. Not always easy when a 2 year old's play is so stop and go. LOL

Feel free to add me! :bigsmile: