Tall Women!!!

Options

Replies

• ballerina454
    ballerina454 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and depending on the height of the heel I can be close to 6'2 at times. I love heels and I don't care if I am the tallest one in the room :) I can own it! I have had friends tell me since I am so tall i shouldn't wear heels, that only shorter girls should wear heels. I have no idea where they got this thinking from. In my opinion taller girls rock heels better than short girls :D!
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 (w. heels up to 6'0)and love my heels and being tall
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5'10 stick with my flats but only because i cant wear heels do to a bad ankle.. Heels make women feel sexy i think
  • undeniablebutterfly
    Options
    <
    5'10", confident, and LOVES being tall

<
    wears hills, flats, and ADORES flip flops :wink:

That is all.
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm 5'10 I don't wear heels. One, because they are uncomfortable.
    Two because I have nearly broken my ankle three times when I tried to wear them.
    And three- because I don't need them to make me look good!

It isn't about me not being comfortable about my height, it's about me being comfortable about my height and don't need a "lift" to make me hot! :wink:
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My girl is 5'8" and I am 6', she looks sexy as a *kitten* in some 6" CFM heels.
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Just under 5'10 and I wear heels when I get the chance too. I work in manufacturing as a trainer and I would get my *kitten* kicked if I wore a pair of "foo foo fancy" shoes to work. However, get those girls and I outside of work and you bet your booty we all have heels on!! Love my knee high boots with 4 inch heels.
  • katenmills
    katenmills Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ahhh if only it were as easy as making a sweeping generalisation to spot the confident people. I'm tall and I will almost never wear heels because I find them uncomfortable and I definitely can't enjoy myself as much in them. If I'm going out in heels, they end up hurting after an hour of wear and I spend the night complaining/wanting to sit down and go home early.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and a half and I will rock some heels now and then. As long as the person can walk in them and work them, no shame in that. Height has nothing to do with it.
  • MrzBlessedLady
    MrzBlessedLady Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1 and love heels!!
  • samakain
    samakain Posts: 60
    Options
    I am 5'11" and never wear heels. I don't even own a pair. I think I would wear them if I knew how to walk in them and not look awkward. My husband is 6'3" so I'd be ok wearing 2-3" heels I think :) It's a personal thing but I would never want to be taller than him.
  • KaylaPeterson24
    KaylaPeterson24 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" almost 6' and I never ever wear heels, I don't even own any. I am very confident with my height though I think heels make me too tall. Though I do always make it a point to stand up straight and own it
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I LOVE LOVE LOVE heels!!!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    @ the OP: You are awesome! This is officiallly my favorite thread. I love being tall. By the time I was a Freshman in HS I was 6'1. I was bullied all the time (tall, chubby, with frizzy curly hair), but I always held my head up high because I refused to apologize for something I could not and would not ever change. In HS I wore these clog shoes that made me taller because I wanted to prove that they couldn't hold me down. Yes, I still wear heels on occassion. I am 80% legs and 20% everything else. My height gives me confidence, but what sucks is that I feel less girly sometimes because in society women are suppossed to look up at a guy and not be at eye level or taller. I have noticed that shorter men feel very uncomfortable around me which I totally understand.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    First of all I'm 5'8 and I'm definitely not SHORT op :P lol I wear heels all the time though 5-6 inches mostly I only date men over 6 ft so its never really a problem. I don't wear heels because I feel more confident being taller or anything similar to that effect, I simply wear really ridiculously high heels because that's where I get my magical powers from duh :)
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'10" and rock my heels. :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9.. and hardy ever rock heels.. Why? Because to me(most if not all) are uncomfortable once you get them out of the store.

I have one pair of Coach heels that are comfortable.. but at 70+ dollars a pair, it's not something I'm going to be buying very often.

It doesn't make me any less confident because I don't wear heels.. nor does it make me look less feminine(May have small boobs, but God I have a butt) when I go out to the bar dancing, I get plenty of dance partners and stares.. while I'm rocking my flats thank you very much :)
  • djkamin60
    djkamin60 Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and generally go with flats or nothing over 2" heel. It's all about comfort. High heels are a preference by the wearer. Some people can rock em and I've seen people who make fools of themselves, falling and altering their gait, just to look sexy. Outward appearance to me is not as important as what's inside.
  • bekah_ann13
    Options
    I am only 5'4 and I always felt like a giant... I am hispanic and pretty much half of my city is also hispanic and on the short side. I guess I am pretty much average if not slightly above, I was always too embarrassed of being the tall one and wore flats.. I bought every cute pair of flats on the market. If I were going to an event my idea of a heel was kitten heels! Anyway in the most recent months I have been buying heels like not just three inch heels, I am talking six inches and I am in love! I cannot understand what took me so long to get out of that phase because I do see that I am more confident in my heels now more than I ever had been before. I love the way my legs look, its not just that they look longer or slimmer but the angle of my feet and heels do wonders for my butt! I just feel so much sexier with a nice pair of heels! :) I do think that on some level heels do make a person more confident
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you decide to judge a main aspects of a woman's personality based on her shoes.

I'm 5'10", confident as hell, and I don't wear heels. Not because I'm trying to "physically shrink myself down." Not because I'm not confident. Because heels are freaking uncomfortable, and are bad for your feet and back.

This may be shocking to you, but some people actually don't care what people like you think about what we wear.