What's for breakfast?!

Options

Replies

• pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    smart one's Egg and cheese sandwich with 1 cup of instant coffee made with 1 cup of 1% milk-2 splenda.
  • pamelagayew
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt
    1/4 cup blueberries
    1 Tbsp sliced almonds
    1 tsp blue agave nectar
    sprinkle of cinnamon
    coffee

It is my first day doing the plain greek yogurt. I realized the vanilla kind I was eating was LOADED with sugar so I am trying to switch it up and reduce my sugar intake in the morning. It wasn't bad. Actually tasted a little like cream cheese :)
  • packergirl2007
    Options
    I have 2 main stand bys...

1) 2 scrambled eggs and 1 cup of fruit. Lately canteloupe but any fruit works.

2) Chobani Greek Yogurt and 1 cup of fruit. Not nearly as filling as the eggs...but I'll eat the fruit 1st and an hour later eat the yogurt. That helps a bit.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have a tight morning schedule, so on Sunday nights, I make a low cal artichoke feta quiche (comes in at 240 cal for 1/6 of quiche) and then I warm up a slice every morning and enjoy my cup of coffee. It takes the "thinking" out of breakfast and is delicious. Found the recipe in my "Cook This, Not That" cookbook.
    [/quote

That sounds delicious!
  • LizServo
    LizServo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Usually Greek yogurt w/Grape-Nuts mixed in. It keeps me full all morning.
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Every morning I have either oatmeal or quinoa. I top each one with sliced up bananas and a few mini chocolate chips. Keeps me super full and the chocolate chips help to satisfy my sweet tooth so I don't crave sweets during the day.

How do you make your quinoa?
  • roslynds9
    roslynds9 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I usually have a 30g portion of cereal (shredded wheat, corn flakes or special K) with 100ml semi-skimmed milk. and a 200ml glass of fresh apple juice, not from concentrate.

That tides me over nicely until lunch time and it's only about 260 cals.
  • krmiller4217
    krmiller4217 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Today I had Shakeology with water, a Coco multigrain cake with Chocolate Pb2 and half a banana totalling 256 calories. I am back on my diet because I just got engaged so I have no excuse now! LOL
  • cookiefluff
    cookiefluff Posts: 115
    Options
    I usually have 2 full eggs (medium) and 2 weightwatchers slices of toast. or a bowl of crunchy nut or special K cereal.. yum...
    Porridge seems to keep me full too, but i don't enjoy it all the time.
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    100% Whole Wheat English Muffin (1 Tbsp light butter) w/ a sliced hard-boiled egg on top and cracked pepper. 260 cal, 14g Protein

Fills me up every morning.
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Oat bran and Vanilla protein shake flavored with coffee so it's like a healthy latte. sometimes I'll add a couple scrambled eggs.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Today I had turkey bacon,eggs & toast...normally I dnt eat breakfast bit I think im going to start...
  • Betrbleave
    Betrbleave Posts: 37
    Options
    Froot Loops, with 2% milk. 1 cup fills me up
  • brandee1212
    brandee1212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    1 cup of Voskos, Oikos, or Chobani non-fat plain Greek yogurt; 1 cup of sliced strawberries, 1 cup of cubed cantaloupe; and a hot cup of Tazo Awake tea with a packet of stevia. It's only 250 calories, more than 20g of protein, it tastes good, and keeps me full for hours.
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    overnite oats
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup porridge oats
    1/2 cup 1.5% milk
    1/2 cup water
    1 cup blueberries or other dark berries.
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    Same every moring :)
  • ChappyEight
    ChappyEight Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Today I had turkey bacon,eggs & toast...normally I dnt eat breakfast bit I think im going to start...

Good idea. Most important meal of the day.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Also, coffee, just so no one has to die.

Agreed!!! lol
  • Southernbelle90
    Options
    I usually eat oatmeal with some type of fruit. You should really eat your biggest meal of the day for breakfast- then your second biggest at lunch- and your smallest at dinner time. But I never have enough energy in the morning to make anything that special lol.
  • fatonthemountain
    Options
    #1--1/4 c. old fashioned oats, 1/2 c. unsweet applesauce, 1/4 c. walnuts, 1/2 berries-fresh or froz.
    sometimes i make it with pumpkin and raisins instead of the applesauce and fruit. i eat the oats raw because
    i like them chewy
    #2--whole wheat toast with no sugar added berry spread-usually blueberry-and a plop of cottage cheese on top--very filling-one toast fills me up-and is super low cal..