My Breasts are changing :-(

Options

Replies

• sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mine have already changed enough all my lovely pricey bras are getting too big (cup size) and I've been my current cup size since high school. It does make me sad at times..... sigh
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    He needs to be buying you serious amount of makeup flowers for that comment!!
    Since I've been on MFP I've lost 10 pounds, I think 80% of that number has been in the breasts. :(
    Oh well, my hubby is a self-proclaimed butt-man, so I still have plenty of that.....
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    Mine are way less full than they were before I started losing weight. It's just because I lost weight so quickly I think. I figure I'll end up just opting for a boob job when I'm at my goal weight if I end up that unhappy with them. I'm okay with them for now though.

my mother had breast cancer 3 times and granmother once - i would be terrified to get a boob job - think if i just leave them alone i might escape the cancer curse!
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    yeah its gonna happen! I lost 3 cup sizes! they look better, but the skin is real loose when they are not supported :(

theres always an uplift which i think i may get, save save save!
  • paulsmisses
    Options
    can highly recommend weight lifting to help, chest presses are a wonderful way to firm them up

When I was flabby so were my boobs now I'm skinnier my boobs are firmer (thanks to chest presses, my arms look pretty awesome too)

will give that a shot, cant lose anymore!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Mine are way less full than they were before I started losing weight. It's just because I lost weight so quickly I think. I figure I'll end up just opting for a boob job when I'm at my goal weight if I end up that unhappy with them. I'm okay with them for now though.

my mother had breast cancer 3 times and granmother once - i would be terrified to get a boob job - think if i just leave them alone i might escape the cancer curse!

Breast augmentation has nothing to do with whether or not you'll get breast cancer.
  • paulsmisses
    Options
    The sad fact is.......boobs are mostly fat. I went from a D to a B even though my band size stayed a 36. Some women lose more of their 'girls' than others.

a lot of my friends with a wee chest size complain constantly about them and that they want big boobs, and i was quite smug about mine, now i feel terribly deflated and less womanly if that makes sense?
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options

Breast augmentation has nothing to do with whether or not you'll get breast cancer.

This. An implant contains no cells to mutate into cancer.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I usually do push ups and chest presses and these exercises strengthen the pectoral muscles and pull the breasts up. Unfortunately, since the breasts are mostly made up of fat, they will get smaller when you lose weight.

I do push ups too - they have helped a bit :smile:
  • paulsmisses
    Options

yes i know that, but i have always had the idea that if i leave them alone then it will reduce my risk - weird, i know its psychological but just feel as though once i start messing with them, then the trouble would start x
  • paulsmisses
    Options
    So chest presses and push ups are the way forward! why cant we just pick where we want to lose weight? haha, in an ideal world!
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Nope not at all and it floors me... It's the one place I want to lose the most but my breasts are apparently not considered "fatty" but more fibrous... sucks, wish I could trade ya!
  • paulsmisses
    Options
    Nope not at all and it floors me... It's the one place I want to lose the most but my breasts are apparently not considered "fatty" but more fibrous... sucks, wish I could trade ya!

if only! had image of myself having big chest small waist, doesnt look like thats going to happen!
  • paulsmisses
    Options
    Who cares as long as your abs change to....

Obviously, she cares. It's not like breasts just shrink as one loses weight. Sometimes the fat goes and the skin stays. That can be very depressing and demotivating.

thats it - my boobs had a wee bit extra skin in the first place from them gaining in size when pregnant twice, but now, as you say, the filling is going but skin is staying. dreading what they will be like when i reach goal weight x
  • paulsmisses
    Options
    He needs to be buying you serious amount of makeup flowers for that comment!!
    Since I've been on MFP I've lost 10 pounds, I think 80% of that number has been in the breasts. :(
    Oh well, my hubby is a self-proclaimed butt-man, so I still have plenty of that.....
    [/quote

on a more positive note - he was all praise for my toned butt the other day! i have been doing lots of walking and step ups so getting progress in that region!!
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Awww... I understand what you're saying! I haven't seen this weight for quite a few years, so I was unpleasantly surprised to see the changes that babies and age make in your belly and chest! (Also... don't be too hard on your husband. I'll bet he felt awful after it was out. Consider it a bad case of open-mouth-insert-foot! LOL)

I've found that a good padded bra will do wonders for your appearance!

Also, for me, it seems that time and exercise (cardio, chest presses, chest flies, butterfly crunches, reverse crunches) are working a little magic and things are tightening up on the top and on my belly, too, I think!

Hopefully, time and exercise will help for you, as well. But, either way, you should be very proud that you have made such progress in becoming HEALTHY! And it sounds like you have a supportive husband who loves you just as you are, so don't get too discouraged if the progress is slow! Good luck!
  • paulsmisses
    Options
    Awww... I understand what you're saying! I haven't seen this weight for quite a few years, so I was unpleasantly surprised to see the changes that babies and age make in your belly and chest! (Also... don't be too hard on your husband. I'll bet he felt awful after it was out. Consider it a bad case of open-mouth-insert-foot! LOL)

I've found that a good padded bra will do wonders for your appearance!

Also, for me, it seems that time and exercise (cardio, chest presses, chest flies, butterfly crunches, reverse crunches) are working a little magic and things are tightening up on the top and on my belly, too, I think!

Hopefully, time and exercise will help for you, as well. But, either way, you should be very proud that you have made such progress in becoming HEALTHY! And it sounds like you have a supportive husband who loves you just as you are, so don't get too discouraged if the progress is slow! Good luck!

first of all - well done on your weight loss, thats fantastic amount, i envy you there!! secondly, he does suffer from the brain to mouth malfunctioning gene, and tends to speak without thinking, to be fair he did look really guilty after saying it!haha! i will be def putting more effort into strength type training up top and not just focussing on the weight loss but more of the toning side - thanks! x
  • beanerific518
    Options
    I've lost nearly 100 pounds in the past 18 months. That being said, i've lost fat everywhere - even including my feet. I've been doing push ups throughout this journey and only for the past 10 months I've been doing more strenuous chest strength training at the gym. I also am very diligent with using body lotion with vitamin E and collagen (i like the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Toning Lotion). I went from a 42C to a 34B. I couldn't be happier! They are firmer and perkier than ever before!
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    this happened to me and they are just now starting to firm up (although still small :/) don't worry, your body will adjust! also doing chest exercises/lifts might be a good thing to do! building up some muscle there should help perk em up :) don't feel too bad about it and congrats on your losses :D
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Yup, I've lost a fair bit and I think its mostly off my boobs.

I used to be a nice DD cup sometimes E but now I think I'm a C and they definately aren't as "full" as they used to be, seriously concidering a boob job but I don't want people to judge and assume I'm some kinda *kitten* =/