Warrior Dash London, June 2012 - MFP wave?

2»

Replies

• maz165
    maz165 Posts: 73 Member
    BUMP - Is there room for more and is anyone driving from London? :D I haven't signed up, but I've always wanted to do one of these races!

I'm an American but have been living in London for the past year and a half. TFL says it will take over 2 hours for me to get to the race grounds from North London, and I was curious if anyone else is heading to the race from the city? Even having someone to travel with would be ideal so that I didn't have to spend 2 hours on trains psyching myself out. :)
  • I'm in - I'll book my place this week for the 11am start. We should all do it together, that would be amazing.
  • Hey.

I'm travelling from Islington, travelling down together would be good. I also don't want to do that on my own, especially being new to London.
  • BUMP - Is there room for more and is anyone driving from London? :D I haven't signed up, but I've always wanted to do one of these races!

I'm an American but have been living in London for the past year and a half. TFL says it will take over 2 hours for me to get to the race grounds from North London, and I was curious if anyone else is heading to the race from the city? Even having someone to travel with would be ideal so that I didn't have to spend 2 hours on trains psyching myself out. :)

See above :-)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    So did everyone else get the email today? The event's been cancelled. No reason given, refunds in 10 - 14 days :sad:

Anyone know of any similar awesome events in the south-east this summer we could form an MFP team for?
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    yes, I got the email too. It's a bit off that they didn't give a reason for the cancellation. At a guess, they didn't have enough takers to make it profitable. :sad:
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,262 Member
    I've taken it as a personal affront, and already planning an anti-Redfrog campaign on FB. If they'd provided a credible reason it might have been acceptable, but the news leaked out in dribs and drabs and without any kind of customer service from the organisers.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Only two weeks notice too, which is pretty inexcusable.
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    check out the sparten races website they have several listed in the UK, Canada and US
  • I have been royally mucked-about over this event because I signed up for it via Groupon. I bought the coupons on 5th June and been trying to redeem them ever since and all Groupon could say was "contact Warrior Dash" even though they don't have a working UK phone number! At my wit's end this morning I rang Priory Events whose site was being used to stage the Warrier Dash. The lady I spoke to said that Red Frog pulled the plug due to lack of numbers. Ah well, on to the next crazy event!
  • Mudstacle
    Mudstacle Posts: 1
    There are a few other options here: http://www.mudstacle.com/p/uk-races-events.html

Getting a season pass to all Spartan UK events for £75 is a great option!!!