What's the best mistake you ever made?

Options
calvert6183
calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
What's the best mistake you ever made? I had this asked to me in a job interview. I never had thought about it before.. What is yours?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    That is a very interesting question :smile: I'm interested in seeing answers, I'll have to get back to you on my answer.
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Choosing to do music A Level. I failed it, had to do retakes, went to University in a different town a year later than planned, and met my now husband as a result :)
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Getting pregnant at 19!~
  • calvert6183
    Options
    That is a very interesting question :smile: I'm interested in seeing answers, I'll have to get back to you on my answer.

I agree, it will interesting. i had never thought about it before. It makes you think am I humble, able to realize and admit my mistakes and if i learned from it. Its tough.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough, not fighting harder to save my (first) marriage.
    Once I saw those divorce papers, I really thought about not signing them and fighting for the marriage.
    I signed them anyway and, for about six months, I second guessed my decision.

It turned out for the best.
  • Lil_MiSsSunshiNe
    Options
    Going home with that one guy. Yea, I was that girl. Still together 1 1/2 later.
  • calvert6183
    Options
    Going home with that one guy. Yea, I was that girl. Still together 1 1/2 later.

Nothing wrong with that. We all have done that. Thats a good mistake. I never was that lucky with those things.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My husband. :heart:
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Agreeing to try a long distance relationship for a whole year despite only knowing him for two months. :)
  • azziria
    azziria Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Falling pregnant with my son (too much champagne, not enough precautions, old enough to know better... 'nuff said!).

He's fourteen now, utterly gorgeous and shaping up into a very fine young man, and having him in my life has enriched it more than I can possibly say (well, him and his younger sister, who was planned with military precision!).

I always say that he was 'an accident but not a mistake', and I'm very lucky to have him :-)
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    The best mistake I have ever made.... would be finding this site....seriously, lol

It was a complete accident I found this site instead of using spark people

Typically i would say that if it was a good thing then it wasnt a mistake... mistakes give off a negative feeling IMO
  • calvert6183
    Options
    I agree, this site has helped me in so many ways. So many great people on here.
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    Accidentally proposing to my wife of 11 years...
  • gaveruz
    gaveruz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My best mistake was flirting with my now husband. Nothing can top that! It has turned to be the best thing that have ever happened to me.
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    I agree, this site has helped me in so many ways. So many great people on here.

So true!!!
  • calvert6183
    Options
    Accidentally proposing to my wife of 11 years...

Thats cool.
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    took a risk on a dating website with someone i thought was a bot who turned out to be someone who i use to hate but forgot about. We have been together for 6 years now with 2 kids and one on the way.
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe in mistakes. Everything happens for a reason.
  • aki7chien
    aki7chien Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Getting pregnant at 19!~

Same here. Now she's a Senior Airman working as a aircraft mechanic and got married last year so now I have a wonderful son-in-law too. She's my best friend besides my husband and I talk to her every day. :heart:
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Kinda cheating on my first boyfriend. It sounds like a terrible thing, but I ended up with my current boyfriend because of it. Over two years later, and I don't regret it. I wish I had gone about it a different way (broken up with the first guy first instead of leading him on) but I'm happy with the result.