Replies

• tuiccim
    tuiccim Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My two favorite breakfasts are:

1. Eggo Whole Wheat Waffles spread with 1 tbsp of Nutella
    or
    2. Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal.

Always with a piece of fruit. Usually a banana or apple.
  • CaoimheAine
    CaoimheAine Posts: 195
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with cottage cheese :-) or wholegrain oats with choc protein powder! MMMMMMM :love:
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    Whole grain oats or oatmeal, later a banana, or rice cake. I try to keep healthy food at work and "graze" all day, and LOTS of water.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, 2oz chicken and 2 pineapple slices.... comes in at about 350 calories
  • hypallage
    hypallage Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    eggs - usually an omlette but sometimes boiled...

This morning I had to have porridge though as I was late getting up
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been hooked on a 'Mexican Style' breakfast that we got from the Food Channel's 'Mexican Food Made Simple'... The presenter made a simple salsa of tinned tomatoes, onion, garlic, chilli, olive oil and a dash of Worstershire Sauce then she spread the salsa over a tortilla and topped it with a fried egg and grated cheese.... I'm not sure how Mexican it really is but it is delicious!!
  • Stacy7218
    Stacy7218 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1 cup of kashi go lean crunch cereal with 2% milk with fresh blueberries. Half a cup of orange juice, half a cup of coffee with low fat creamer. :) I was using 1% milk, but my boyfriend bought 2% last time he was at the store.

I added the blueberries for the first time today and they were delicious!
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    chardonnay

Tehehehehehehe.... :laugh:
  • danielledimedio1985
    Options
    [this is in response to southerbelle a few posts before me] I agree! My nutritionist told me to "eat like a king for breakfast, a prince for lunch, and a pauper for dinner" she said starting with your biggest meal first helps get your body and metabolism going and you will satisfied throughout the day. so far this has been working great for me :)
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    One packet of instant oatmeal, whatever flavor of the week I feel like, and one slice of toast with one tablespoon of peanut butter. Sometimes I will have my Yoplait Whips Chocolate Mousse in the morning with breakfast but sometimes not. The yogurt is my treat for myself to keep me from craving sugar or chocolate and it works well. But with that Im full from when I get up at 530 am to work out until about one when I get lunch between classes and work.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I havent had time to cook lately for breakfast, so my standby is a Special K vanilla cereal bar, small banana, and a bottle of water. If I had a choice I would go for eggs or oatmeal!
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    20051808_6296.jpg

4 egg whites
    1 whole egg
    1 medium soft taco flour tortilla
    2.5 oz chicken
    1 kraft single of cheese
    440 calories, 48g protein, 27g carbs, 15g fat

I may add some fruits for filler and/or a fiber bar.
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    oatmeal made with boiling water
    Banana
    Protein shake

This is around 6 - 6.30 as i usually workout or run in the morning.

then its something around 9/10 orange and some nuts usually

never really between 3 and 8 so have to force myself to eat

hope this is helpful
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Two eggs with some cheddar cheese and a piece of whole wheat toast and margarine, coffee

Or cereal/oatmeal and milk
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am a total cold cereal addict, but I've switched from some less than stellar choices to spoon size shredded wheat. Top with fruit and nuts, and low fat (1%) milk. (My fave combos are banana and walnuts, frozen raspberries and almonds, and raisins and almond) :smile:
  • Seahawk27
    Seahawk27 Posts: 72
    Options
    1 c nonfat plain greek yogurt with 1 c of Kashi Go Lean cereal and 1 tsp honey, also 3 morningstar farms sausage links. Delicious and keeps me full!
  • naomicp
    naomicp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nothing if you skip it daily like I do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Surely as a fitness trainer thats a bad example youre setting :-/
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Porridge with blueberries, Greek yogurt and agave nectar stirred though. Yummy :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Nothing if you skip it daily like I do.

IDEA Fitness member

Surely as a fitness trainer thats a bad example youre setting :-/
    Absolutely not. Scientific evidence and Medical journals show NO evidence that eating breakfast increases metabolism nor makes that body any more efficient than when it takes in any other meal.
    Realize that the "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" slogan was created by the cereal companies.
    Look back at how our physiology was in the beginning. Being a hunter/gatherer, it was RARE for us to have "breakfast" first thing in the morning. It could be hours and hours before the first meal of the day. Industrial agriculture changed that.
    Our physical bodies purpose hasn't changed in thousands of years. It knows how to store and how to utilize energy efficiently. The myth that breakfast speeds up metabolism and jumpstarts it has been ongoing for so long.
    Now some HABITUALLY need breakfast, but to the body it doesn't distinguish meals. It digests every meal the same way.

IDEA Fitness member
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I put about 5 cups of greens (like Spring mix) into my Vitamix then add 2 T of hemp protein powder and 1 cup of frozen mixed berries and about 1 cup water and make a smoothie.

As a side note; adding hemp protein powder and ground flax seeds to salads and such help make me feel much more full throughout the day and they keep my blood sugar level steady and thus avoids hunger spikes. Starches only serve to make you more hungry.