Waist is getting smaller, butt bigger

Options
Is that normal? Ive been lifting heavy weights since the first of the year. My pants all have extra room in the waist now and tight as hell in the butt... Humm... tiny bit peeved....

Replies

• gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    Is that normal? Ive been lifting heavy weights since the first of the year. My pants all have extra room in the waist now and tight as hell in the butt... Humm... tiny bit peeved....

Sir Mix-a-Lot disapproves of this message.
  • dawson555
    dawson555 Posts: 26
    Options
    Unless you've added muscle to you glutes by squating,lunges etc?
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Why is this a problem lol?? I hate that I'm losing my booty ! We are never happy lol
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    OH how I feel the same frustration. Don't know if it's from lifting or if I'm actually just gaining my weight back in just that area.
    May the battle continue! :ohwell:
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'd LOVE to have that problem.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    OMG... this is not a problem! Count your blessings! Flat butts are so OUT.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I want to know your work out cause I want mine to GROW :laugh:
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    What are your old & new measurements? Could there be a silver lining if your new proportions make your waist look even SMALLER than it has already become? I'd be OK with that.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

Totally normal. Glutes / hamstrings are getting strong. Wait until your shirts don't fit because of broad shoulders. :laugh:
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Another reason I really need to start lifting heavy.
    Totally normal. Glutes / hamstrings are getting strong. Wait until your shirts don't fit because of broad shoulders. :laugh:

That, I don't need. I'm already built broad across the shoulders.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Story of my life.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    makes sense. your butt is probably being reshaped higher and tighter.

are you doing squats and deadlifts? ive been doing those as well and my normally low pancake booty is turning into a high wanna be badakadonk :laugh:

i wouldnt worry about it. in the end (no pun intended) it'll en up making your body look more balanced if you keep up the upper body work and start developing a shapely back and shoulders
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    are you little in the middle bur you got much back? That, my dear lady, is awesome!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Your butt is full of muscle. Guessing as you're doing heavy weights, that muscle is swollen and re-shaping gradually to adapt to your exercise.

And since when was a bigger butt a bad thing?!
  • secondchance82
    Options
    As a white girl with a pancake butt, I don't see a problem with this. I have the opposite problem.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke? What is the problem??
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I checked my measurements last week...and the same thing is happening to me lol I'm not complaining though b/c it's not affecting the scale!
  • unluckyIrish
    unluckyIrish Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Sir Mix-a-Lot disapproves of this message.

This!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Sounds like great results to me! :smile:
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I have always had a bigger butt. I have began toning it up and its not getting bigger... but with my waist trimming down it looks bigger.

And I ♥ my booty :)