belly fat anyone?

Options

Replies

• shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    :wink:

Kegels are great for pelvic floor muscles, plank and a few others really help abs....great thing is, that you don't have to do crunches to strengthen the abs,,,,there are other options!!!
  • hotjava9
    hotjava9 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just reiterating things already said but the facts have been spoken. There is no gimmick here to losing your belly fat. You just need to shed your overall body fat percentage by cardio and dieting and you will get there. Unfortunately if you are looking for those abs to show through you will need to get to 5% or lower (currently what I am struggling with!) and long term unless you stay on a strict plan is almost impossible to maintain considering most of us dieters here are Endomorphs (we carry extra fat easy and have slightly slower metabolisms) Keep working they will come off!
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy and eat right. You can't spot reduce but you can leave your body no other option.

What if you can't lift heavy because of medical problems??? and I don't want to lose any more weight. 141 and 5'8 here...

Eat a very moderate defacit to preserve muscle mass. You're saying you don't want to lose more weight yet you want to lose belly fat and can't lift weights, I see lots of 'tricks' in this thread that don't convince me.
  • mtelt55
    mtelt55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just read the book "Wheat Belly" by Dr. William Davis. Very interesting info. I've been exercising and eating really healthy and it's coming off everywhere except my belly. I lost 20 lbs so far. Just read his book and started following his advice, lost 1 inch off my belly after first couple days. I'm gonna keep it going for a few weeks and see if t keeps working for me.
  • harms130
    harms130 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same issue with really stubborn belly fat and having a tough time getting it off. It seems like I just get progress everywhere else on my body but there! I have been talking to a woman bodybuilder that works out at the gym I work at/workout at and she said that no matter how many ab exercises you do, it won't make a difference unless you eat right. That straight up sucks but its true...of course cardio and ab exercise will still do wonders toning your muscles underneath so when you do loose the fat they will look nice but you have to be very aware of what you eat. Carbs and sugars play a huge role stick to things like:

.Oatmeal-keeps hunger away for hours
    .Almonds and other nuts-keeps stomach full (good snack)
    .Protein Powder-builds muscle and burns belly fat
    .Olive Oil-controls hunger
    .Berries-full of fiber!
    .Eggs-contains vitamin B12 which metabolize fat (people who eat eggs every day for breakfast loose more weight then those who do not)
    .Lean Meats and fish-like turkey,tune, and salmon. The body burns more calories while digesting these types of protein
    .Whole Grains-stay away from white flower..whole grains make you feel full!
    .Peanut butter- contains niacin which prevents belly bloat but watch the portion size!
    .Green Veggies like spinach and broccoli keep you full and are full of fiber (choose romaine,arugula, and spinach for salads)
    .Dairy-calcium breaks down fat and can help prevent it from forming (pick low-fat or fat-free)
    .Avocados-contain about 11-17grams of fiber and reduces hunger cravings
    .Iced Tea-(especially green tea) speeds up metabolism (tea drinkers on average burn 266 more calories a day then non-tea drinkers)
    .Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese-activates fat burning hormones in the body and high in protein
    .Cannellini Beans-slower to digest making the body burn more calories
  • tsaarloos
    tsaarloos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, get lean!

THOSE are the best abs EVER!!!!

Yeah, What She ^^ Said... I'm thinking this is the person who may know a thing or two about acheiving that goal.
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    Eat clean, get lean!

OMG! totally impossible for me to get abs like these! well jealous!
  • sportybrewerschick
    sportybrewerschick Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, get lean!

THOSE are the best abs EVER!!!!

I AGREE! how did you get abs like that?!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, get lean!

its actually only impossible if you're not trying.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Eliminate white flour and sugar and lots of cardio.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You cannot spot reduce. Eliminate white flour and sugar and lots of cardio.

Not necessary at all. Just eat at a caloric deficit and give it time.

If you focus on heavy lifting strength training using compound moments you will have a lower BF% at every weight and should have abs at a higher weight than if you didn't strength train.
  • bmoncada1
    bmoncada1 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Sounds similar to the Atkins diet. Which I have done and does work...for as long as you can go without carbs and sugar. It's an easy way to lose weight, but once you start reintroducing carbs the weight comes back even more quickly.

Also it is very difficult to only take in 15g carbs per day. The average person takes in anywhere from 200-300. That is a very small % of normal intake.

I've just about tried all the gimmick diets out there, and nothing has worked...except for diet and exercise.

As far as belly fat, I think everyone answered your question.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, get lean!

its actually only impossible if you're not trying.

I carry ALL my weight in my mid section... I dont care what I ate or how many ab workouts I did, I could NEVER have a 12 pack like THAT... Ill be happy just to not have costco sized muffin top!
  • joanmc12
    joanmc12 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks belly fat is my problem you gave me alot of helpful hints !!!!!!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    does anyone know any ways to eliminate belly fat? i really need to tone my mid-section.
    Try doing Kegels...Google it...They won't get rid of fat, but will build up stomach muscles

Isn't that a vagina exercise?
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy and eat right. You can't spot reduce but you can leave your body no other option.

What if you can't lift heavy because of medical problems??? and I don't want to lose any more weight. 141 and 5'8 here...

This is exactly what I want to know, it's all far too confusing. :huh:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    does anyone know any ways to eliminate belly fat? i really need to tone my mid-section.
    Try doing Kegels...Google it...They won't get rid of fat, but will build up stomach muscles

Isn't that a vagina exercise?

I believe they will help lower abs.
  • BlisterLamb
    BlisterLamb Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    No, thanks, I've got plenty.
  • gungho66
    gungho66 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Just keep burning fat ,feeding muscle it will come off in the order it so chooses. belly fat is usually the last place to go though. Kepp on fighting fat!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Eat clean, get lean!

I honestly agree with you and a lot of cardio and low abs work outs.