My before/after (though not quite done yet)

Options

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I recommend use of a suspension trainer. It allows for him to perform bodyweight exercises that lead to the same neurological sensory stimulation as his stimming. That's why I was able to stick with it. My favorite exercises to do on it are combination squat/row because it almost perfectly simulates the repetitive rocking stimming I do.

That would explain why he prefers a couple of the machines that "rock" when he uses them. We'll definitely get him a suspension trainer. Thanks for the advice!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    OMGosh!!! You look so fantastic!!!! I am so happy for you! You look amazing! Congrats! You are such an inspiration! :flowerforyou:
  • prshacklock74
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You look awesome!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work. You should be more than proud... :)
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing transformation!! Great job!!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I recommend use of a suspension trainer. It allows for him to perform bodyweight exercises that lead to the same neurological sensory stimulation as his stimming. That's why I was able to stick with it. My favorite exercises to do on it are combination squat/row because it almost perfectly simulates the repetitive rocking stimming I do.

That would explain why he prefers a couple of the machines that "rock" when he uses them. We'll definitely get him a suspension trainer. Thanks for the advice!

No problem! Avoid the TRX one. It's extremely overpriced for what you get (about $200) and people have said that it only lasts about a year before the adjustment cams on it start slipping. The one I started out with was the Lifeline Jungle Gym XT which costs a lot less ($90 I think) and the one I now use is the CrossCore 180 (about $250). If you're willing to spend the money on the CrossCore I highly recommend it, but if price is concern you can't go wrong with the Jungle Gym XT.
  • horseloverdawn
    horseloverdawn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! thanks for sharing :-)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    No problem! Avoid the TRX one. It's extremely overpriced for what you get (about $200) and people have said that it only lasts about a year before the adjustment cams on it start slipping. The one I started out with was the Lifeline Jungle Gym XT which costs a lot less ($90 I think) and the one I now use is the CrossCore 180 (about $250). If you're willing to spend the money on the CrossCore I highly recommend it, but if price is concern you can't go wrong with the Jungle Gym XT.

Thanks!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    WTG- Awesome transformation!

Congrats on the results!
  • ammossrn
    ammossrn Posts: 43
    Options
    wow!!! u look amazing!
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    awesome!! congrats!!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Huge difference. Great job.
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up!
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing you look great,
  • WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    wow amazing!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    wow! you are a true inspiration! well done
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I am so darn proud of you !!!!!
    Keep going don't stop until you reach your goal.:smile:
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Wow you are such an inspiration!!! Look at those muscles now!! You look grate!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Some things I learned that did it:

You don't have to give up your favorite foods. You can eat WHATEVER YOU WANT TO as long as you are willing to invest time in the kitchen preparing it yourself from fresh ingredients, substituting where necessary. I see a lot of people saying they had to give up pasta. I eat pasta for dinner practically _every_ night, and not a small portion either. It's whole grain pasta though and I prepare the sauce myself using fresh vegetables. I eat cheeseburgers made from 93% lean beef for lunch _every_ day with whole grain buns and reduced fat cheese. You don't have to give up your favorite foods. The only thing you have to GIVE UP when it comes to foods is having someone else make or prepare it for you. Be willing to cook your own meals from scratch using fresh ingredients and the sky is the limit as far as your dietary options go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!