Thoughts on Soda.

Options
am I the only one on MFP who drinks reg. soda.

whats your thoughts?

Replies

• wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with water
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Luckily I don't like the taste of regular soda, but I do have a diet soda every day. I try and stay away from high calorie drinks, I don't like to drink my calories....I only get 1290 calories a day as it is, lol. But if you have enough calories to fit it in, everything in moderation is ok.
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    I'd prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them! And I'm not a fan of diet soda either.

But each to their own journey
  • B21goddess
    B21goddess Posts: 35
    Options
    What's wrong with water

I like both
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    It's not soda, it's pop. Y'all must be from the south. We drink our iced tea un-sweetened up here and put oil in our engines, not ole. I haven't been drinking very much pop lately. I used to like coke, but not pepsi.
  • elizabethmae1214
    Options
    I love diet dr pepper. I don't log it, and I easily have one a day. I just don't see the point in regular full flavoured soda.

EXCEPTION: Really good ginger ale or ginger beer as a treat, usually combined with whiskey. :)
  • amphion
    amphion Posts: 48
    Options
    I love diet dr pepper. I don't log it, and I easily have one a day. I just don't see the point in regular full flavoured soda.

EXCEPTION: Really good ginger ale or ginger beer as a treat, usually combined with whiskey. :)

I love ginger beer. I think calories should=flavor and a good ginger beer has flavor in spades.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan. Growing up, my mom only bought diet sodas, so that's the taste I like. Regular soda just tastes gross to me.
  • art3mislecter
    art3mislecter Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Soda is evil. It is my kryptonite. I am trying so hard not to have any.
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options
    It's not soda, it's pop. Y'all must be from the south. We drink our iced tea un-sweetened up here and put oil in our engines, not ole. I haven't been drinking very much pop lately. I used to like coke, but not pepsi.

Psh, you must be from that crazy state, Michigan. Us Wisconsinites call it soda. ; )

As for drinking soda, I don't normally. It just isn't as satisfying as it used to be. That being said, sometimes I do treat myself and get something every once in awhile. Just like any other food (and what someone else said earlier) everything in moderation. :)
  • KelliH729
    KelliH729 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    am I the only one on MFP who drinks reg. soda.

whats your thoughts?

I think as long as you are not going overboard you are good. I will have a Coke a day on average. It is like my little indulgence. I mostly drink water (a lot of water) so I figure 1 soda isn't going to curtail my efforts too much. I also prefer regular soda as diet soda just gives me the shakes for some reason.
  • llueve
    llueve Posts: 1
    Options
    I used to drink a can every night when I was in high school. Then one of my moms friend died of pancreatic cancer, she was notorious for drinking sodas everyday. I stopped drinking it as much after that, slowly I just quit drinking it. My body isn't used to high sugar drinks any more. My stomach hurts really bad after I have a cup of soda. I don't know if it would affect me if I drank diet, but I have never liked diet.
  • B21goddess
    B21goddess Posts: 35
    Options

whatever Ill call it what I want to and you call it what you want too.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    I have some every now and then, not an everyday thing. As I am sure as hell not putting any aspartame in my body.....blergh
  • SweetyS16
    SweetyS16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a little bit addicted to regular coke, I drink it about 4 times a week. I pretty much order it every single time I go out to eat, which is becoming a fairly regular habit now. I can't stand diet drinks, it tastes weird and I feel like the calories are just being replaced by chemicals.
  • GrAlVt
    GrAlVt Posts: 42
    Options
    No soda, three years running. Been that way since senior year of high school. Life just feels better without it.
  • wodforbacon
    Options
    Search Youtube for - Sugar: The bitter truth.

Watch it.

Then research what the acids do to your digestive system.

Then never drink a soda again.

Definition of a poison in the body- anything that must be passed through the liver for metabolization.

100% of High Fructose Corn must be processed by the liver. 100% of HFCS after metabolized becomes fat cells. HFCS is the main ingredient in soda.

So...Soda = Poison. Pretty much as bad for your liver as alcohol, and even worse for other functions of the body.
  • wodforbacon
    Options
    I am a little bit addicted to regular coke, I drink it about 4 times a week. I pretty much order it every single time I go out to eat, which is becoming a fairly regular habit now. I can't stand diet drinks, it tastes weird and I feel like the calories are just being replaced by chemicals.

The sweetener in Reg Sodas is High Fructose Corn Syrup... This is a chemical. A scientist discovered how to make it and there is nothing natural about. It is extremely bad for you and extremely cheap (which is why you find it in so many packaged foods).
  • wrecktechno
    wrecktechno Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Can't you order a mineral water and lime or a juice or something instead?
  • ssilvey726
    ssilvey726 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love it. Everything in moderation is alright. I only drink diet, though, because like most, I'd prefer to eat my calories. I don't see why people have a huge issue with soda. If you drink one a day, instead of eating a snack, I don't see it as a huge deal. You know your dietary program, and if you can fit it in, more power to you.

Now, when you're addicted, like I used to be, that's when the issues come. I used to have at least 3-4 regular sodas a day. That's about 600-700 calories alone. So I can see how that's an issue. But moderation is fine. Enjoy yourself!