secret diet drops (HCG)

Options

Replies

• jennb78
    jennb78 Posts: 13
    Options
    I have done it 4 times, lost 20lbs each time. No I wasnt down 80lbs total because everything I lost I gained back. It is a 500 calorie diet and it sucks!
  • my365challenge
    my365challenge Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used them (orally) for 42 days (2 days over recommended protocol) and lost 39.7lbs with no exercise. They didn't harm me. They didn't hurt me. They just jumpstarted my weightloss. Yes it's a very low calorie diet of 500 calories, and that number of recommended calories increases as your activity increases. Yes the weightloss comes from the low cal diet, but the drops (homeopathic with no drugs in it) are supplemental and help curb appetite. Basically it's to help teach you to eat smaller HEALTHIER portion sizes. You're allowed (on top of the 500 cals) unlimited free foods- aka vegetables.

I see a lot of speculation on this thread, which is to be expected because that's all *I* did before I got off my *kitten* and experimented with it myself. So, speculators, go ahead and make any claims you wish but unless you try something to see how YOUR body does with it, you shouldn't recommend or forbid ANYONE else from doing something. Very low calorie diets ARE NOT RECOMMENDED for people with a BMI of 25 or less. That WOULD put your body in starvation mode and cause it to slow your metabolism and your body will begin to store fat. With OR without the drops (or injections) you can drop significant amounts of weight on a very low calorie diet (short term) BEFORE it would cause your body to go into starvation mode because you have so much fat stored. I've been told that by every doctor i have ever seen. So yes, it does work. But you have to have WILL POWER to stick with the protocol. And the frequent urination? Not because they're "pregnancy drops." It's because your protocol states to drink half your body weight in ounces (WHICH YOU SHOULD ALREADY BE DOING.). Any weight gain that comes after the maintenance period is simply from NOT CONTINUING the healthy eating habits that this diet teaches. If you go back to old habits, of course you're going to gain weight. (Ya gotta be smarter than that, people.)
  • ChristinaLB
    ChristinaLB Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    But guysssss Dr. Oz said I could do it!

Ugh.

The HCG diet is dangerous and the results never last.

ACTUALLY DR OZ recommends againts it uless your dr puts you on it.
  • my365challenge
    Options
    They have also made modifications to the diet since it boomed last year in which the drops are now liquid aminos that do not contain HCG. The protocol of this diet includes a greater variety of fruits, vegetables and lean meats and allows one to eat 1000 cal/day (without exercise.) Again, if you exercise, you must adjust your calorie intake.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Stop telling people the "secret"! Now everyone will know! :angry:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Stop telling people the "secret"! Now everyone will know! :angry:
    what....we already know that you got radiohead tickets....what else can there be? \m/
  • my365challenge
    Options
    it's not really a secret.
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I would just find a preggo chick and get it straight from the tap:drinker:
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    The weight loss is from the 500 cal a day diet, not the drops

I totally and completly agree with this. And the food you have to eat within that 500 calories SUCKS! I have yet to see anyone get permanent long term results from that crap. BTW...HCG is a pregnancy hormone. It will make you feel pregnant.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Google "hcg class action lawsuit" for all the info you really need.

Yes, you will lose weight if you eat 500 calories per day (the drugs they provide don't actually do anything to assist weight loss).
    No, it's probably not a good idea (unless you are morbidly obese and under medical supervision).

In before "starvation mode"
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I used them (orally) for 42 days (2 days over recommended protocol) and lost 39.7lbs with no exercise. They didn't harm me. They didn't hurt me. They just jumpstarted my weightloss. Yes it's a very low calorie diet of 500 calories, and that number of recommended calories increases as your activity increases. Yes the weightloss comes from the low cal diet, but the drops (homeopathic with no drugs in it) are supplemental and help curb appetite. Basically it's to help teach you to eat smaller HEALTHIER portion sizes. You're allowed (on top of the 500 cals) unlimited free foods- aka vegetables.

I see a lot of speculation on this thread, which is to be expected because that's all *I* did before I got off my *kitten* and experimented with it myself. So, speculators, go ahead and make any claims you wish but unless you try something to see how YOUR body does with it, you shouldn't recommend or forbid ANYONE else from doing something. Very low calorie diets ARE NOT RECOMMENDED for people with a BMI of 25 or less. That WOULD put your body in starvation mode and cause it to slow your metabolism and your body will begin to store fat. With OR without the drops (or injections) you can drop significant amounts of weight on a very low calorie diet (short term) BEFORE it would cause your body to go into starvation mode because you have so much fat stored. I've been told that by every doctor i have ever seen. So yes, it does work. But you have to have WILL POWER to stick with the protocol. And the frequent urination? Not because they're "pregnancy drops." It's because your protocol states to drink half your body weight in ounces (WHICH YOU SHOULD ALREADY BE DOING.). Any weight gain that comes after the maintenance period is simply from NOT CONTINUING the healthy eating habits that this diet teaches. If you go back to old habits, of course you're going to gain weight. (Ya gotta be smarter than that, people.)

The speed at which you lost weight was faster then the body can metabolize fat, therefor a large % of your loss was lean mass. The less lean mass you have the slower your metabolism, so yes there were negative side effects (a slower metabolism and less muscle mass).

A 500 cal diet does not teach proper portion sizes, it teaches starvation diets. You may have lost weight, good for you, but it is not a healthy way to do so, and trying to tell others it is is in poor taste and shows you didn't really look into the diet before starting it.
  • my365challenge
    Options
    Not true. I've never been pregnant, so I guess I don't know how that feels, but on HCG the only difference I felt was increased energy. Felt great to detox.
  • my365challenge
    Options
    Telling others NOT to do something because you're unsure of what it does is also poor taste. :-*
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't go on fad diets, you should try the lifetime diet. You eat healthy, meet the correct calorie goal for slow weight loss and it's for a lifetime.

Don't try and find the quickest way to lose weight, weight loss should be part of a journey to changing your lifestyle and shouldn't be rushed. You will learn a lot through this journey, you don't learn anything from fad diets because you will keep hopping onto the next fad diet.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I actually think that 500 calories + unlimited veggies sounds reasonable and sustainable. But then, I love the veggies and would probably manage to put 2000 calories worth away daily. IF that is what the diet actually is, 500 non veg calories and however many veg you want, it sounds ok. Why mess with the drops though.

The part I worry about is the amount of weight lost. The fact is you CAN'T lose that much fat that fast. Not physically possible. So like others said, you might be losing weight but it ain't fat you're losing.
  • my365challenge
    Options
    I researched the diet before I started it. But I'm glad you're just throwing **** out there like you know me. There's always someone that puts the '*kitten*' in 'assumption.'

If anyone wants any info on my weightloss numbers or my diet while on HCG, or any other info, please message me. No I am not on HCG currently (i'm on maintenance round.) I will begin a new round soon.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Telling others NOT to do something because you're unsure of what it does is also poor taste. :-*
    Telling others to try something because you lack actual knowledge in physiology is irresponsible. Don't correlate fast weight loss with healthy weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you guys, but I find utilizing other pregnant women's urine for weight loss rather appetizing.
  • my365challenge
    Options
    it is physically possible to lose weight that fast with a low calorie diet. you're on my fitness pal, enter in the numbers and it will show you your projected weight within 5 weeks. the ONLY THING the drops do is sustain energy and curb appetite. THAT'S ALL. the low calorie diet is what causes the weightloss, that is up to you. (drops cannot give you willpower and restrict you from eating whatever you want. you, however, can.)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Read about it before you do anything crazy.
This discussion has been closed.