Always, always,always tired.....

Options

Replies

• dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I know i eat too much sugar for sure, maybe too many carbs.

THIS!! I too struggle with energy. When I cut out most carbs and especially sugar........my energy goes way up. I am currently doing the 17 day diet plan and it is making a HUGE difference. Good luck! Dyanna
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Do you have bad allergies? Every year, around this time, I tend to feel so intensely exhausted.... And it took a few years for me to figure out it is from the allergies just draining me.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    How heavy are you and when was your last physical. Maybe diabetic?
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    How heavy are you and when was your last physical. Maybe diabetic?

I am currently at 178. Had surgery last June. That was my last "physical" i guess you could say.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    First, go to the doctor. If everything checks out, then do these things: Increase water intake (you should be drinking half your current weight in ouces of water everyday). Evaluate what you are eating...Are you eating enough?...Are you eating quality foods?...Enough protein, carbs, good fats?...Make sure to do at least 3 cardio sessions a week @ at least 30 mintues a piece and start strength training.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Ask yourself the following questions.....

Are you getting enough iron? (Have you cut out red meat and red wine with your diet? Try taking on more greens like spinach and kale if so.)

Are you consuming many starchy carbohydrates or do you go for the lower GI versions.

Are you consuming enough calories. (Don't drop more than 200 less that the limit MFP has given you.)
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    It's possible you are sleeping too much. Exactly how much are you sleeping?? I've heard that if people sleep more then they need, even if they can, it can make them groggy all day. Also, I know that if I try to go to bed earlier then my body thinks is "bedtime", it takes me twice as long to fall asleep and I end up more tired than I went to bed. Do you have a natural sleepy time? For me, optimal time is between 10-11:30.

Other than that, I agree with everyone else about seeing a doctor. I don't think my suggestion would be a long term thing...
  • Anelj
    Anelj Posts: 12
    Options
    I was always tired until I changed my diet, I stay away from carbs as much as possible. Avoiding processed foods and white rice, flour, breads has helped me tremendously...... if I ever fall back to eating those things I want a nap and feel super sluggish.
    Good luck!
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    I agree with most other posts - go to the Drs. There is no harm in getting it checked out. I was the same a few years ago - turned out I had Kidney failure. Not saying you have, don't want to frighten you, but it's certainly best to get it checked.
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    It's possible you are sleeping too much. Exactly how much are you sleeping?? I've heard that if people sleep more then they need, even if they can, it can make them groggy all day. Also, I know that if I try to go to bed earlier then my body thinks is "bedtime", it takes me twice as long to fall asleep and I end up more tired than I went to bed. Do you have a natural sleepy time? For me, optimal time is between 10-11:30.

Other than that, I agree with everyone else about seeing a doctor. I don't think my suggestion would be a long term thing...

Go to bed between 10-11, depending and typically get up at 5:30 to do the 30 day shred.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options

Go to bed between 10-11, depending and typically get up at 5:30 to do the 30 day shred.

Personal experience - not enough sleep. I do the same. Lots of coffee. Lots of Pioneer Woman Iced Coffee. That's how I roll.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    If I sit still for 5 minutes and its quiet I.AM. OUT. zzzzzzz

Honestly, that still makes me think sleep apnea. There are different types of apnea. The typical one is obstructive which is caused by excessive weight, especially in the neck area. But there's another type that stems from the brain itself. I would get it checked out.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    You mentioned hormones. That would be a possibility. Another thing I haven't seen mentioned is medication. Are you taking any medicines that can increase fatigue. I know I am on one medication that I take in the evening and am still groggy when I wake up from it.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options

Personal experience - not enough sleep. I do the same. Lots of coffee. Lots of Pioneer Woman Iced Coffee. That's how I roll.

LOL, I agree. 6 to 7 hours isn't enough for me. I feel best when I get 9. I can't remember the last time that actually happened. *sigh*
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Options

LOL, I agree. 6 to 7 hours isn't enough for me. I feel best when I get 9. I can't remember the last time that actually happened. *sigh*

Seems to me I did some reading and found that for me, 10 was what I personally did the best on. I have a 2 year old, a 3 year old, and am self-employed. What's sleep?

I guess I got a solid 5 in last night. Yay me!
  • lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was feeling like that, too. Who knew that my iron saturation and Ferritin levels were low. I just started to take an iron supplement, and I'm starting to feel better. I started to take a multivitamin as well. I usually eat chicken and fish, but I'm trying to eat a little more red meat, and Vitamin C. I switched my cereal to Total honey almond flax, 100% iron, 100% Vitamin C in 1 cup.

I hope you find some answers. Good luck!
  • beckysjourney
    Options
    I'm also always tired, not in an exhausted way but I can sleep, anytime.
    I could wake up 7am, go to sleep around 10am and wakeup at 3pm, then go to bed at 11, with no problem and still wakeup fine in the morning.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm also always tired, not in an exhausted way but I can sleep, anytime.
    I could wake up 7am, go to sleep around 10am and wakeup at 3pm, then go to bed at 11, with no problem and still wakeup fine in the morning.
    Same here. If I don't set my alarm, I can easily sleep 12-14 hours. It's pathetic!
  • cornlady
    cornlady Posts: 15
    Options
    You got a lot of great suggestions but one thing that I did not see was low Iodine level.
    Dr's do routine thyroid check ups but sometimes they can give false negatives, meaning you do have an iodine deficiency when the tests show all is normal.

I would check for being pre diabetic and pay attention to foods that you eat that make you suddenly tired with in the next 15 or 20 minutes, or foods you ate one day and the next day you are completely sluggish, then eliminate those foods. You would be surprised to learn that fresh fruit can cause such problems, even onions have that effect on many people.

Take a good B complex vitamin, iron if you are deficient, and add KELP to your vitamin list!

Kelp will help you get the Iodine your body may be lacking.
    Do check with your dr first, Hopefully you have a good dr who knows how helpful the proper supplements can be.

Good Luck!