secret diet drops (HCG)

Options

Replies

• EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have. Lost 40 lbs in about 42 days.

IS it really amazing when you are ONLY eating 500 calories a day? Does the weight STAY off, does it Change behavior? Results: Has anyone kept the wt off for 1 yr, 2 yrs after using this product?
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I tried it. and failed epically. Honestly it tastes nasty & I'm not going to eat only 500 cals a day. I'm smarter than that & I don't want to die just to lose weight. :)
  • ihavethemusicinme
    Options
    I've thought about using them. My mother in law did it and she looked awesome afterwards, but I think she gained some of the weight back. The more I thought about it the more I realized it would be a bad idea. Part of me wants to try it for a week to see what it's all about. I personally wouldn't try it because, as someone else said, weight loss is a lifestyle change and 500 calories a day will not be easy and I think that it would give you a higher change to fail.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

IS it really amazing when you are ONLY eating 500 calories a day? Does the weight STAY off, does it Change behavior? Results: Has anyone kept the wt off for 1 yr, 2 yrs after using this product?

No, weight won't stay off, and all of that lean muscle mass lost will not come back, either. Sounds like a winner to me......
  • my365challenge
    my365challenge Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am on my third round of homeopatic hcg drops. I have lost 55 pounds so far and not experienced any negative side effects. Other than maybe dry skin. I would recommend this diet to anyone who has a lot of weight to lose. I have helped several friends through the diet and developed a lot of recipes that are hcg approved and full of flavor and nutrition. It is true that the 500 calorie diet is what causes you to lose weight, but the hcg hormone is what perserves your muscle tissue while you put your body into starvation mode. The hormone causes your body to release stored fat, but it will only do so if it thinks you're starving. That is why the diet is so specific to include lots of nutrient dense foods to pack 500 calories with as much nutrition as possible. The diet consists of only lean meats, veggies, and low sugar fruits. Tons of water. Unlimited black coffee or tea. No sugar. Only stevia as a sweetener.
    I started my first round in Dec 2011 at 290 pounds. Currently I'm at 235 and losing. I'm 5'7.

GOOD JOB!! I loved being on HCG. Slept like a baby each night too! :)
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    But guysssss Dr. Oz said I could do it!

Ugh.

The HCG diet is dangerous and the results never last.

FYI... Dr. Oz said NOBODY should be using these, and the drops are a complete scam right on his show (more than once in fact). He also said you should NEVER be on a diet of less than 1200 calories unless under professional medical supervision! I watched the episode a couple months ago.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    I am on my third round of homeopatic hcg drops. I have lost 55 pounds so far and not experienced any negative side effects. Other than maybe dry skin. I would recommend this diet to anyone who has a lot of weight to lose. I have helped several friends through the diet and developed a lot of recipes that are hcg approved and full of flavor and nutrition. It is true that the 500 calorie diet is what causes you to lose weight, but the hcg hormone is what perserves your muscle tissue while you put your body into starvation mode. The hormone causes your body to release stored fat, but it will only do so if it thinks you're starving. That is why the diet is so specific to include lots of nutrient dense foods to pack 500 calories with as much nutrition as possible. The diet consists of only lean meats, veggies, and low sugar fruits. Tons of water. Unlimited black coffee or tea. No sugar. Only stevia as a sweetener.
    I started my first round in Dec 2011 at 290 pounds. Currently I'm at 235 and losing. I'm 5'7.
    So what was your lean body mass when you started? If you have no idea, then how can you say you lost none? ANY weight loss plan will cause some lean muscle loss. It's inevitable. I have a guy who started working out at 340lbs in Dec of 2011 and is now down to 290lbs with no HCG. Just good old fashioned working out without starving. Goes to show it can be done with actual hard work instead of anecdotal shortcuts.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

But you don't preserve muscle on the diet. Have you BF% tested prior to and after a round and you will see how much lean mass you actually lose. Some people's results were that they lost more lean mass than they did fat.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    In before the lock!
    Why is this nonsense allowed on here!?!?
    This is not promoting a healthy sustainable weight-loss program!
  • SuzieA1991
    SuzieA1991 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My stepmother did the HCG diet as well. She lost a lot of weight but she didn't keep it off. She spent like 400 dollars for it because you need to have DOCTORS SUPERVISION while on it. Don't just buy it. The drops help curb your cravings and gives you energy (According to my stepmother) But the doctor monitors you like every week and makes sure that your doing okay on it. I wouldn't recommend it. Although you will feel full the whole time on just 500 calories, it still seems a bit extreme to me.
  • my365challenge
    Options

No, weight won't stay off, and all of that lean muscle mass lost will not come back, either. Sounds like a winner to me......

I didn't lose any muscle. In fact during maintenance phase, I started working out and building muscle because I was 40 lbs lighter and it was easier for me to do so. Excited for another round.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Random thought: If HCG works so great, why would anyone need to do a second round?

I usually don't get worked up on the forums, but this is just stupid. Ingesting a hormone and eating 500 calories a day is unecessary and defies common sense. Do people really think that they also need the drops to lose weight when they are eating a 500 calorie diet? WHO? AND WHY?
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    I get cranky on 1200 cals a day....I think my husband would divorce me on 500 cals a day....hhah!

^^^^LMAO! Amen to that! Same here. :laugh:
  • my365challenge
    Options
    My stepmother did the HCG diet as well. She lost a lot of weight but she didn't keep it off. She spent like 400 dollars for it because you need to have DOCTORS SUPERVISION while on it. Don't just buy it. The drops help curb your cravings and gives you energy (According to my stepmother) But the doctor monitors you like every week and makes sure that your doing okay on it. I wouldn't recommend it. Although you will feel full the whole time on just 500 calories, it still seems a bit extreme to me.

There's homeopathic drops you can take orally that you do not need a script for. If you have a bmi of 30 or more, it will be awhile before your body goes into starvation mode.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    HCGer's are just a passing trend. Come talk to me in 5 years when you haven't gained any weight back. Haven't met one yet, and I've been doing this a long time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Wait so HCG:

Gives you energy?
    Protects your muscles from the body?
    Tells your body to release fat for fuel?
    You don't have as much of an appetite?
    Your body burns 3500 extra calories a day to destroy 1 lb of fat a day?

I'm IN!

(Considering I have worn a HRM for 24 hours, and my 230 lb active body without exercise in that time frame burns 3600-3700 calories.... That is clearly a miracle drug I must have. I certainly don't want muscle on my body, or my organs to really function well. I just want that scale to say 150 lbs dripping wet.)
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    It is what many people are trying in my group of friends, and seeing them slim down so quickly always makes me think, "mannnn, I'm working so hard and only slowly losing weight.".. I personally think we all have to choose our own path and I never condem my friends for their diet choices, but sometimes I want the quick fast results and get a little tinge of bitterness.

I know that I'm setting an example for my daughters and I also no if I don't develop a lifetime change and great habits (which take time to devlop) I won't be successful, so I'm just going to have work my buttocks off and focus on that.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any muscle. In fact during maintenance phase, I started working out and building muscle because I was 40 lbs lighter and it was easier for me to do so. Excited for another round.

Question: If it worked so good, why are you having to do it again? Just curious...
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options

Wait so HCG:

Gives you energy?
    Protects your muscles from the body?
    Tells your body to release fat for fuel?
    You don't have as much of an appetite?
    Your body burns 3500 extra calories a day to destroy 1 lb of fat a day?

I'm IN!

(Considering I have worn a HRM for 24 hours, and my 230 lb active body without exercise in that time frame burns 3600-3700 calories.... That is clearly a miracle drug I must have. I certainly don't want muscle on my body, or my organs to really function well. I just want that scale to say 150 lbs dripping wet.)

I freaking love all of your comments. xD
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

even not, if you are in a deficit, weights will not add lean muscle, it will just help you keep the muscle you already have.

How do you know you didn't lose muscle on HCG? most users of this product/diet lose a large % of lean muscle, there are a lot of them on MFP.
This discussion has been closed.