Cottage cheese with...?

Options

Replies

• fenrirGrey
    fenrirGrey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    What do you mix your cottage cheese with?

As disgusting as it sounds, I seem to like adding half a table spoon of fat free chocolate syrup on 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese. I've tried with salt and pepper and although it tastes fine, I still have to push myself to eat that.

Looking for more simple recipes =)

You're right, that DOES sound disgusting! LOL ;-)

But, mine sounds gross to a lot of people, too!

I add 1/2 TBSP of Ranch dressing
    Sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese
    1/4 Cup (or less) of sliced green olives

I love it!!! :-)

I'd be too scared to try this one. But I might try with just olives, that sounds interesting
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    - Avocados & tomatoes
    - Peaches
    - Pineapple
    - Mango & kiwi
  • paulipet
    paulipet Posts: 70
    Options
    I love the idea of maple syrup. And I am definitely going to try the scrambled eggs with fresh basil - never would have thought of adding cottage cheese to eggs.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Mush it up with some seasonings, ranch powder, etc. Makes a great veggie dip!!!:happy:

Sounds YUMMY!!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I like mine with pineapple or cantaloupe. Yumm-o! I like it with most fruits. If I am looking for a simple meal I will mix cottage cheese with a little greek yogurt, green onions, salt & pepper to taste. Let it sit for a bit in the fridge. Then I put it over hot whole wheat spaghetti noodles. It doesn't sound very good but love the savory! :love:
  • TheDotz
    TheDotz Posts: 12
    Options
    I like to sprinkle some low sodium bacon bits in my cottage cheese. Adds great flavor and some texture!
  • bp716
    bp716 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries, or frozen raspberries and walnuts- good protein, some fats and filling!
  • khelser
    khelser Posts: 27
    Options
    I love using cottage cheese as a dip. I actually just got done eating 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with the special k crackers (herb) dipped in it.
  • KatieRuns1983
    KatieRuns1983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Pomegranite!!!! saw it on the Food Network- Good Eats. I promise it is worth the work to get the seeds out
  • TerrieAlexander
    Options
    On salid as dressing, with chunks of pineapple, walnuts, and dried cranberries
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Have you ever made cottage cheese pancakes?? They are so yummy!
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I eat mine with a spoon or a fork. :tongue:

I do like to add some bacon bits and black olives, or a shake of ranch dressing mix.

My mom tried and tried to get me to eat it with some lettuce and/or peaches & pears, but I finally won that fight!
  • tanialucille
    Options
    I add a half of cup of oats, half a cup cottage cheese, splash of fat free milk (to desired texture, it soaks in a little), and berry of choice, mix together and let sit overnight. Sometimes I will add a taste of honey on the top. My kids love this as well.
  • JinksE21
    JinksE21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am so surprised no one mentioned peanut butter and cottage cheese! Creamy peanut butter mixed in sounds gross but it actually tastes really good!
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Ilike to mix mine with

Mandarin oranges
    Pineapple
    sugar free jello powder
    cherries and coconut
  • doxiegal13
    doxiegal13 Posts: 35
    Options
    I love it on toast with salt and pepper for breakfast. Or mix it with Jello and let it set up.
  • newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, cinnamon, and splenda...sometimes I add blueberries as well.
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jenkaym
    jenkaym Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Applesauce!!
  • jennifermartinez1112
    Options
    im so plain strawberries or jelly, but i am scared to try things that sound not so good. lol