Protein shakes for breakfast?

Options
13»

Replies

• sharon_rn
    sharon_rn Posts: 8
    Options
    A neighbor is doing the body by vi shakes (not religiously) so I bought a bag from her....I drink them some times...I use either coconut or almond milk and a hand full of mixed frozen berries or frozen strawberries and zap it in the blender...lots of protein and it holds me till lunch....Since I started on this site tho it seems counting calories is working well enough for me. 16 lbs in 3 weeks.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    It sucks that Isoflex is so darn expensive though but its the only protein i like

Ain't that the truth - I just bought a new tub over the weekend, and I almost cried.
  • kvigo821
    kvigo821 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kateflourishes
    kateflourishes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    If you use protein powder in the morning, how do you use it? Do you make it a shake, and if so, is that the only thing you eat, and is it enough to keep you satisfied til a morning snack?

I always have a shake in the morning- with 8 oz of Hemp Milk and 2 scoops of protein powder; I also have a piece of fruit and a hard-boiled egg with it. Some days it's enough to keep me satisfied; some days I'm hungrier and eat a bowl of oatmeal too. Breakfast is usually my biggest meal of the day (it's not weird for me to want 500-600 cals in the morning). Hope this helps!
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Someone earlier mentioned putting dry oatmeal into their shakes - I keep forgetting to try that.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Weekday mornings I always have a protein shake with either skim milk or almond milk. I like Optimum Nutrition the best. I'll add fruit, peanut butter, spinach, fiber powder at times, but usually I just blend it with ice. I eat every 2-3 hours and it keeps me full until snack time.
  • watkins2002
    watkins2002 Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Options

A wud have a double scoop of protien as it will fill you more
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Crushed Ice, water/milk (2/1 ratio) 1-2 scoops of favorite powder, 1 banana, 2 blackberries, 1 raw egg, 1/2 serv peanutbutter, teaspoon instant coffee, pinch of cinamon, and deppending on how i'm feeling/planning I may toss in some whole oat cheerios or even a tblspn of olive oil.

For my personal needs/goals I figure if I gonna make a meal out of it than I'm gonna make a meal out of it, and it is SUPER DELICIOUS!

In my previous successful and unsuccessful diets I've learned that I can consume pounds of meat and wash it down with tons of regular water and protein powder shakes all day long but it will not carry me far. What keeps me feeling fine is always having some wholesome carbs and plenty of fiber. All the Protein is just an added bonus for muscle development and recovery but never sustains me much as far as feeling satisfied until the next meal. FIBER!
  • happymum37
    happymum37 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have it mixed into a shake with soy milk and either Greek yoghurt or a banana