Who here is from the south?

Options

Replies

• Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Dear OP, just to clarify how southern this Virginia girl is I live where the show Moonshiner's is filmed.

I'm about 5 minutes away from Franklin County. Howdy! :drinker:
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Auburn, Alabama
    WAR EAGLE!!!!!
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    If NC isn't considered the south, or is even considered toeing the line, then you've never experienced true NC.

The part where directions are given by saying ":you pass the 40 acre field and turn left on the dirt road until you get to that big oak tree..."
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    winter-because-its-better-than-living-with-southerners.jpg

Yeah I said it.... but I do like some southerners

Bless your poor little heart! :wink:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    South of England....
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I would rather have a southern girl than winter, any day!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options

The part where directions are given by saying ":you pass the 40 acre field and turn left on the dirt road until you get to that big oak tree..."

You forgot past the church! rotfl2.gif
  • txwildfire
    txwildfire Posts: 46
    Options
    south Texas gal here :)
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    North Carolina not included?!? Are we not considered southerners anymore? I know we have adopted some city ways--but...:brokenheart:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    OMG it's so funny when we go visit my family up north and my husband asks for sweet tea in a restaurant, and the waitress just gives him this blank dumbfounded look! And then proceeds to bring him a pot of hot tea, and a glass of ice!
    Um exactly where "up north" are you visiting? I live in Massachusetts and I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that doesn't serve iced tea. They may not have it pre-sweetened but they will bring you sweetener for it.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Georgia Peach, born and raised. Living in Kansas now - way different than where I was raised!
  • mrandolph69
    mrandolph69 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Macon, Georgia
  • pam6870
    pam6870 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    SC
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Arkansas, by way of Texas.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OMG it's so funny when we go visit my family up north and my husband asks for sweet tea in a restaurant, and the waitress just gives him this blank dumbfounded look! And then proceeds to bring him a pot of hot tea, and a glass of ice!
    Um exactly where "up north" are you visiting? I live in Massachusetts and I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that doesn't serve iced tea. They may not have it pre-sweetened but they will bring you sweetener for it.

Elizabeth -- Where I lived in New York state, most restaurants had no idea what sweet tea was. They knew iced tea, but they wouldn't know sweet tea was iced tea unless they'd lived or visited a place that had it.

Although I guess if the waitress brought ice, she knew it was supposed to be cold, so that part is very, very odd.
  • bannierooster
    bannierooster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Roll Tide!
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Beautiful East Tennessee here!!!:smile:
  • ADM1979
    ADM1979 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    KY girl!!!

Loves my farm life!
  • hcyndy
    hcyndy Posts: 51
    Options
    I wish I was a G.R.I.T.S :grumble: Darn Indiana oh well its only a "flyover state" hehe:laugh:
  • sugasweetie520
    Options
    Georgia!
    I am originally from the north (jersey) and recently moved here to the south :)