Who here is from the south?

Options

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    By south I mean TX, LA, AR, KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, and FL. Just curious if we have any southerners on here...
    uhh, what about the Carolinas? Did we secede? Please say yes.....
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Texas
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I was born in VA and lived there up until last year...now I am a TN girl!
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Um...is NC no longer considered the South? B/c I consider myself a born and raised proud Southerner.

Some are deep south, me, I'm just from the south! Go North Carolina!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I live in OK for four years and my boyfriend is a native Oklahoman and I never once heard someone say pop....
  • SassyAshleigh
    SassyAshleigh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Georgia woman here! Anyone may add me! Just let me know where you got my screen name so I know it's not just a spam person. :)
  • BrionaLoree
    Options
    :happy: Texas girl right here:happy:
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    ♪ Sweet Home Alabama.... ♫ :happy:
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    By south I mean TX, LA, AR, KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, and FL. Just curious if we have any southerners on here...

WTF!! South Carolina didnt make the southern cut??!!
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Uh...I'm in a place sometimes in the winter called Little New York.. :) But most of the time little cuba! South Fla here baby!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I live in OK for four years and my boyfriend is a native Oklahoman and I never once heard someone say pop....

I had a roommate that was from Midwest City in Oklahoma and she said pop all. the. time.... so did many Okies I went to school with... When I was travelling through OKC with my family (I was around 14/15 and had been immersed in Texan culture :wink:, I asked a waitress "what kind of cokes do you have?" she looked at me like I was an alien and said real slowly (as in I can't believe she just asked me this.) "Coke."....
  • ADH13
    ADH13 Posts: 10
    Options
    Born and raised in SC ya!ll.
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    NORTH CAROLINA, COME ON AN' RAISE UP!!
  • LBxLB
    LBxLB Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Um...is NC no longer considered the South? B/c I consider myself a born and raised proud Southerner.

It isn't SEC country, so I don't consider NORTH Carolina to be part of the south ;)

Anything South of the Mason Dixon Line is considered South just saying. I lived in NC for a year it's definitley a southern culture compared to where I am now.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Is the ACC still a conference?

:laugh: +1
  • rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    Options

Me 2! NC southern girl here!!!! Born in AL but now in NC!
  • steamyhott
    steamyhott Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am Texas Proud! lol....

• couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    OMG it's so funny when we go visit my family up north and my husband asks for sweet tea in a restaurant, and the waitress just gives him this blank dumbfounded look! And then proceeds to bring him a pot of hot tea, and a glass of ice!
    Um exactly where "up north" are you visiting? I live in Massachusetts and I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that doesn't serve iced tea. They may not have it pre-sweetened but they will bring you sweetener for it.

Sweet Tea is sweetened while it is being brewed. Adding any sweetner after the fact, is not a true "sweet tea"

^^^This!
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Wait, does Oklahoma not count as South?:frown:

Lol I thought we were southern also! Ha!

Nah... y'all say 'pop'... when you mean a coke... :wink:

Coke.jpg
  • steamyhott
    steamyhott Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Texas isn't all that bad....is it :)
    representing citrus county florida even though i now live in texas