wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bumping for later!
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Honey Mustard Salmon

3 tbs honey
    3 tbs dijon mustard (I use Grey Poupon, but any good mustard)
    1 squeeze lemon
    Salt
    Pepper
    4 Salmon Filets (about 6 oz each)

Salt and pepper salmon filets
    Marinate salmon for about 15 min in the mixture then bake at 400 degrees for 15 min or until cooked to your personal taste. I spoon the extra marinade on top before baking, you can scale up the marinate if you like more sauce. Sweet and tangy, yummy! This is about the only dish where I actually enjoy mustard.
  • NelehY
    NelehY Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Try Salmon en papillote (which is basically a paper 'boat').
    You basically cook the fish with a slice of lemon, seasoning and herbs of your choice in the 'papillote' in the oven.
    No oil or butter etc - just cook it in its own juices.
    Team up with some boiled/steamed new potatoes and some asparagus and you have one of my favorite meals!!
    Super healthy and super yummy!
  • waascal
    waascal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Such good recipies...can't wait to try them!
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    saving

thanks, everyone
  • coin
    coin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is not really a recipe, but if you get decent quality salmon it is absolutely wonderful to eat it raw like sashimi. The fattiness of the salmon works really well with ponzu sauce. You can make ponzu sauce from:

1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup lemon juice, or citrus juice
    1 Tbsp rice vinegar
    1/3 cup or more dashi

I like to put in finely chopped spring onion and cilantro as well. Ponzu fresh and wonderful for summer, and it is low in calories as well.
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    yummy ..now i want salmon ...for breakfast...lol
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I poach mine in free range chicken broth and tamari, with tarragon sprinkled on top. Bring to a boil, then low simmer for 8 minutes. I let it sit in the pan for about 15 minutes, then bring it to work for lunch with a salad. Outstanding!!
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Grilled Salmon with Five-Spice Cranberry Relish (I usually broil or bake my salmon and it is just as great)

Ingredients:
    Relish
    1 cup Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Cocktail
    3/4 cup Ocean Spray Craisins Original Dried Cranberries
    1/4 cup finely chopped onion
    1 teaspoon orange peel
    3/4 teaspoon five-spice powder

Marinade
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons orange juice
    1 teaspoon honey

1 1 1/4 pound salmon filet, 3/4 to 1 1/4 inches thick

Directions:
    Combine all relish ingredients in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until onion is tender and mixture thickens. Cool.

Meanwhile, combine soy sauce, orange juice and honey in shallow glass or plastic dish; mix well. Add salmon, skin side up. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.

Heat grill. Carefully oil grate and both inside surfaces of grill basket. Place salmon in grill basket, skin side down; brush top with marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Fasten top of grill basket. Place basket on grill, skin side up; cover grill. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Turn basket so skin side is down; cover grill. Cook 4 to 8 minutes or until flesh is opaque and flakes easily with fork.

Remove salmon from basket with wide spatula and place on serving platter. Cut salmon into 4 pieces. Serve with relish.

Makes 4 servings.

Per Serving: Cal. 326.5
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    a friend shared this with me and it is yummilicious

season salmon with black pepper and paprika

spray skillet with cooking spray

cook on med heat for 5 minutes per side

juice of one lemon-cover-cook on low for another 3 to 5 minutes per side.

Simple and fast!
  • noynoyavery
    noynoyavery Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    this one is easy, one salmon fillet per person, hand full of cut up cherry tomatoes , big hand full of spinach, whatever cheese you fancy low fat feta works well cut into cubes, and some lemon juice, just pop in all into a foil parcel, serve it with new potatoes and green beans its devine !
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    Cedar Plank on the grill.

Soak the plank in water for 30 min. Sprinkle fish with lemon pepper or cover with lemon slices and cook until done.
  • susan0770
    susan0770 Posts: 1
    Options
    Had salmon yesterday With a can of no sugar added pineapple and drizzled with teriyaki sauce
  • sageskye
    sageskye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite salmon dish is Caribbean coconut crusted salmon (http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Fruit/recipe.html?dishid=6823) with pineapple salsa (http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/caribbean-salsa/recipe.html?dishid=6825). It is so delicious!
  • Vic_toria
    Vic_toria Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    easy mustard dill salmon.

equal parts mustard, plain greek yogurt, and dry dill. ( i usually do 2 tbsp of each)
    add a dash or two of garlic powder
    mix and coat salmon
    bake at 375 for apx 15-20min

the yogurt keeps the salmon moist even if you microwave leftovers the next day.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Hit it flesh side down in a cast iron pan with just a drop of butter then put it on skin and toss it in the oven. Makes it 10x better than just baking it.
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Try substituting olive oil for the butter and use garlic & herb Mrs. Dash along with the lemon for some more seasoning.

THIS IS MY FAVE WAY ALSO.. OR BLACKENED..
  • mbryant22
    mbryant22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    These all sound so yummy! I had no idea how to cook salmon, but want to start!
  • emilylacey1010
    Options
    Bump