Any one else here addicted to Caffeine?

Replies

• mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    DIET COKE DIET COKE DIET COKE DIET COKE DIET COKE.
    7:23 AM. Time for a Diet Coke.
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Loved my coffee until the caffeine started wreaking havoc with my circulatory system. Now it is NO caffeine for me. Suprisingly, my body has adjusted very well and water is now my friend. It was difficult to begin with tho.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    i washed down a phentermine today with coffee and then a 16oz zero carb red bull!

Just a bit addicted...
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    If I was stranded on an island, and could have 2 things, caffeine would be one of them........lol.......Lg Dunkin Fr Vanilla iced coffee, 5 skim, 5 Equal, and a turbo shot. So damn bad for you, but ZINGGGGGGGGGGGG....hahaha
  • notaperfect10
    notaperfect10 Posts: 48 Member
    Yep, love coffee. Has to be freshly made real stuff!! No messing!
  • <
    Me?
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    i quit caffiene .. Well almost i have 2 decaf coffes then Water only NO POP :drinker:
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    I can't function and I get bad headaches if I don't have coffee. Plus, I'm not a very nice person without it.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    YESSS. I have two cups of coffee in the morning and an Absolutely Zero Monster in the afternoon. Otherwise I'm practically asleep at my desk!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    100%. I gave it up for a while but now between work, school, dance, volunteering (mandatory for honor society) and just running the house I would be dead without a steady supply of coffee/tea. I also think eating clean helps keep me going and keep my mind from being more scrambled than it already is.
  • I agree with an early post - you may not be getting the proper carbs and protein to sustain your energy level. I drink my two cups of coffee per day and occassionally a diet soda when I need the extra kick. Watch out for certain high-carb foods though, they may give you a boost, but the "carb fall" will drain you.
  • laurendmx
    laurendmx Posts: 1
    Yes I used to drink a lot of coffee, at least 4 to 5 cups by 1pm. I'm older now and my Doctor that I must cut back. I was so hard to do and it took almost a year. I would get these awful headaches. My Doctor said it was caffine withdrawl. So I cut back a little at a time.
    Now down to just one cup a day.

Good Luck.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    2010 - I got to the point where I would have a few soda's a day. 1 to 3 Rockstar sugar free's a day, (or normal rockstar, amp, redbull, monster, whatever...) AND normally would have 1-4 cups of coffee, occasionally espresso as well for an added boost.

2011 - Gave up soda and energy drinks for the year

2012 - Giving up beer (cry) and after a brief relationship with soda, gave it up for training, but considering not drinking it any more, or if I do, an occasional one but only with real sugar, no HFCS. Have had very very few energy drinks. And in the past month have given up coffee for black tea.

I can say i sleep much better, and feel much better overall after making the switch in my diet.
  • wantangbob
    wantangbob Posts: 22
    I used to be a caffine junkie, however since I was diagnosed with having low sperm motility I've had to cut it out, although I afford myself one small cup of coffee once a month.
  • paulwoj
    paulwoj Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all,
    I had a pretty bad caffeine problem:
    -In the morning I would normally grab a mocha flavoured milk which not only contained a tonne of sugar, but fat and caffeine.
    -After the massive sugar and caffeine rush came the "come down" where I'd go and grab a can of pepsi max (little did I know that pepsi max has almost double the caffeine amounts as regular pepsi)..
    -Then another with my meal at lunch..
    -Then I'd usually hit the 2pm "wall" of low energy and go grab an espresso coffee (latte)..

I wondered why I couldn't go to sleep properly!

Significantly reducing my caffeine intake has had a big impact on my health in a very positive way.. it was hard to do, as you can often go through withdrawal symptoms (thought not as severe as nicotine!). Having read a bit more about caffeine, I now only use it as a pre-workout drink from time to time.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    When I was an infant my mother heated my formula bottles by pouring coffee into my bottles. I've had a taste for it since. I'm attempting to cut down to 3 cups of coffee a day and a diet soda at lunch. I do better at it some days than others.
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Oh........................I used to be! I do have my morning coffee and the occassional cup of coffee or jasmine tea in the evenings, but I used to drink 5-7 Mountain Dews and 4-5 large cups of coffee a day! I quit cold turkey on fathers day and haven't had any kind of pop since then. :) Also want to add that I had the WORST headache I have ever had in my life for 2 days following quitting too! I seriously thought I was dying from an aneurysm. And I slept for almost all those 2 days. But I feel great now and would genuinely rather have a glass of water with my meals than pop.
  • ChelMar24
    ChelMar24 Posts: 19
    Yes, I am. coffee gotta have it, NOW, in fact!!!! :bigsmile:
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    I like the monster absolutely Zero energy drinks. or the Rock stars are good.

The Monster is my FAVORITE <3 Rockstars are yummy.. but the full flavor ones are awful. I drink coffee every morning, unless I'm working an early shift then I usually go get a Monster <3

I'd like to cut out caffeine because the calories in my cream and sugar.. and the costs.. but I like it.. and I don't wanna have caffeine headaches =(
  • YES! I love my Starbucks! :drinker: