sahm 11/2 - 11/8

amypyr
amypyr Posts: 660 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Hello! We are a group of Stay at Home Mom's that motivate and support each other. We are open and welcoming to anyone who wants to join so feel free to jump right in! :smile:

Replies

• Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Hi Amy! I wasn't keeping up so well with the last thread. I"m not really losing any pounds, but I can tell I"m losing inches because my pants are starting to sag a bit, I have to keep pulling them up.
  • amypyr
    Silver, that's wonderful! Losing inches is more important than pounds. I didn't keep up with it over the weekend either. I hope to see you out here more this week. You were missed! :flowerforyou:
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    GM everyone!
  • Hello ladies sorry I was totally absent last week. It was that time of month and my hubby left out of state and busy with the kids and the like. Just a totally off week (especially in my eating :cry: ) but anywho I got some news! The scale has not showed me any number that was good, but!!! My tight pants fit around my waist- theres no belly flub hanging over. My MIL told me how great I look! and I had to buy new bras! So yes ladies I believe I can say that I'm losing something!! lol Hope ya'll are having a great monday! gotta run!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    yay billie!! two really great "measures" so that's great! and silver--same to you.

inches do matter. eventually the pounds catch up (i believe).

being in ut was great--my kids were a pain in the butt on many occasions, incl the last hour of the drive home with the "baby" kicking my seat!! it was wonderful to be with friends and it was so pretty and the air smelled GOOOOOD. it's still so strange to me how i leave 40degree weather to land in 80 degrees 7 hours later.
    (yes, i appreciate how nice the weather is here too!)

funny--you know how kids are bit---my middle girl brought almost all her barbies + clothes + bedroom set etc for them. son had a few cars.
    and what do they fight about EVERY day, several times a day? the plunger and the broom that are already there at the condo! :noway:

ok. time to finish unpacking. i am back on board for GOOD and will start my new routine/schedule tomorrow. girls go back to school and NO MORE trips!

can't wait to hear from all of you--and how your week's going to go.
    lettuce--are you all ok??
    and angiered, in case you're lurking, still thinking about you.
    :heart:
  • staceyw37
    and today is the day of HONESTY.

i have eaten terribly for weeks and slacked off on exercise. i have hardly had any fruits or veges. and the results are in.

140.6 lbs.
    when i was in chgo at the start of the month i was at 136.

ugh ugh ugh:embarassed:

no pity hugs. i know what i need to do and i'm motivated to do it again. later chicas! :flowerforyou:
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    I'd like to join, but i usually do my weigh ins on Friday. Is that ok? is there a designated day this group weighs in?
  • nicolee516
    Gm! Isn't it frustrating Stacey...when you KNOW you can only blame yourself!!!! I try to blame other things...I am done blaming anything but myself!:frown: :frown: We are here for ya!

Silver and Billie! AWESOME!!!! I love when clothes fit better, looser, etc. that means there is less of me!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

As for me, I dropped another pound! YAHHHH!!!!!HOOOO!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am looking forward to checking my measurements again soon. I started to do a workout DVD by Kathy Smith that is mostly strength training. I got it from the library, so if I like it , and if I can still buy it, I may get it for my own. I started incorporating it on my off days from running. I hoping to really see some inches now!
  • staceyw37
    I'd like to join, but i usually do my weigh ins on Friday. Is that ok? is there a designated day this group weighs in?

join in the conversation any time. we don't do official anything--weigh in's or challenges or whatnot. we just talk to each other and celebrate and encourage and commiserate all things wt loss, health, children, marriage, etc etc

i only posted my info cuz i told the gals the scale had been creeping but i was in denial...and today the piper came calling.

welcome!
  • staceyw37
    yay nicolee!!!! :drinker:

i love dvd's from the library! that's how i got into leslie sansone. i just kept renewing them. hehe
    and then i'd research more on amazon and then request diff ones from the library to test them out. now i own a very good group of them with lots of variety.

do you think i should get off this thing and get my kids ready for school?!
  • amypyr
    Good morning!

cds2327 - welcome! :flowerforyou:

Billie - good job with the clothes fitting better!!!

Nicole - another pound gone for good!! :flowerforyou:

Stacey - welcome back!

Confession time for me too: I have done horribly the past several weeks. I've actually been losing and gaining the same 2 lbs during that time. It's time I make a change and take control. I did confess on FaceBook yesterday that my kids decided they don't like Almond Joys, & my daughter doesn't like Snickers :noway: . Those little babies were calling my name big time yesterday. MIL replied that I should buy earplugs! :laugh: I should have listened to her. :grumble: I think I ate 4 fun size snickers & 5 fun size almond joys. Add it up, and that's a lot of full size candy bars!
  • staceyw37
    hugs! amy--totally understand. i ate some of their stuff too. now i just have to get them to pick out 10 pieces and the rest is trash. we don't need this around where they ask for candy first and last thing. :noway:
    and hubby bought some for himself--that's getting hidden later this am.

off to eat my oatmeal--w/raisins and almonds and walnuts. yum.

let's check in with each other later.
  • amypyr
    I just ate a fun size snicker and went to log in the calories. It was 80 calories! :noway: If the Almond Joys are the same, I ate 720 calories in little candy bars yesterday! :sad: :sad: That was an eye-opener! I think I just got my motivation back!

I'm going to let the kids eat the candy I like FIRST. They do have several things in their bags that I can turn down.
  • staceyw37
    amy--welcome back to the WE'RE GONNA DO IT mom's!!

now i'm off to clean house. i always feel like the stuff is swallowing me up. :indifferent:
  • nicolee516
    I know what you mean about the stuff swallowing you up!!!! I think my kids rooms are going to eat me when I walk past! Scary!:explode:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    One week in, and I've already fallen off the horse. Aunt Flo has been in town for over a week now, I've been sick with a fever, and it's cold out. I've forgotten how quickly things can go downhill with that kind of domino effect. I'm trying to climb back on the horse and get back up to galloping speed again (or at least a comfortable canter), but it's so easy to be naughty & not log on here and log everything. I've also been drinking less water, since that little glass icon on the calorie counter page hasn't been glaring at me every day.

Anyway, off to watch Biggest Loser and get re-inspired!

Oh, and must destroy leftover Halloween candy...
  • staceyw37
    trish :laugh: --get that h-ween candy gone!

and you're gonna fall down many times--you are HUMAN. but it's the getting up and changing that matter most!
    sorry you're not feeling well. that does spiral into bad habits... but you're back tonight and that counts A LOT!

today was my first day of logging EVERYTHING and trying to drink more and make better choices. not great at 1600+ cals but way better than it's been on all those days i didn't log.
    no exercise but laundry done and dishes too. and i updated my calendar and worked on the menu for the month. so i feel good abt accomplishing so much (so much for me anyway :tongue: ).

and tomorrow will be even better. the plan is to start the day early with exercise and then drink more water and add 1 more fruit and 1 more vege.
    g'night all--and here's to sweet (but not fattening!) dreams! :heart:
  • nicolee516
    Gm everyone! It's foggy here right now, not just in my brain! LOL:laugh: I'm trying not to feel frustrated today. I am in the mood where I am feeling like ijust want to be at the weight and size that I am striving for...RIGHT NOW!!! I know everyone goes through this...but...that is how I am feeling.:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • staceyw37
    :heart: hugs nicolee, it's hard to be patient. but look---you are moving forward. you are 7# less than when you started and that's huge!! that's more than a regular bag of sugar! :happy:

also, not that you asked--but you can use that impatience to your advantage. do 10 extra min of exercise, drink that 1 more glass of h2o (you need water to do the chemical process of metabolizing fat), eat an extra fruit. something that will push you closer to your goal.

that motivation is great--much better than being complacent abt where you are. that's when you start to s-l-i-d-e.

so, congrats on what you've accomplished! :drinker: and we are here to help you reach your goal as fast as you can! :heart:
  • staceyw37
    **don't pay any attn to my ticker. i weigh every day and i'm logging it every day. i'll see where the trend goes over time. i need to do this for me.**

i did my exercise this am!! i'm hoping to so some leslie sansone later. and vacuum. vacuuming is my #1 house cleaning goal today.

what is it you most want to accomplish today? cooking dinner? reading 10min with your kid? calling your best friend for a chat? grocery shopping??

come chat!
This discussion has been closed.