Worst NSV EVER!

Options

Replies

• DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Please tell me what NSV means.
    Non Scale Victory - a good thing that you notice about yourself that indisputably proves you are getting more fit and healthy, without resorting to the scale, which often lies to us.

:flowerforyou:
  • PlayDoh1234
    PlayDoh1234 Posts: 86 Member
    Options

I have the same question.. what is NSV? "Neat sailor vests?" :tongue:
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores.... yard sales, friend hand-me-downs....

I agree with this. Save your money for when you get to your goal weight. For now buy from consignment shops, goodwill, etc. Except the underwear, of course... buy that new. :tongue:
  • missattitude57
    Options
    That's a great NSV!! Underpants are always the tightest fitting of my clothes so I'll know I'm really being successful when they start to fall off!
  • mistylovesmusic
    Options
    All my shorts and jeans are baggy now. So, I just pretend I'm a 17 year old inner city youth and let em hang down.

Losing weight made you cooler and more in style! lol Kudos!
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    DUDE. I totally know what you mean!

And I hate complaining about it because it's like "oh my diamond slippers are too tight!" lol but STILL! And I'm planning on losing MORE so I'm just going to have to do it all over again.

It's totally awesome, but annoying (ok, not really annoying, just annoyingly awesome?)
  • PlayDoh1234
    PlayDoh1234 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Non Scale Victory - a good thing that you notice about yourself that indisputably proves you are getting more fit and healthy, without resorting to the scale, which often lies to us.

:flowerforyou:

Thank You!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I've had my pants completely fall to the ground in the middle of a restaurant and walking across the parking lot at the grocery store. Oh no no no...I wouldn't go commando!!
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience. I had been a stay at home mom for 2 years. I went back to work full time in January, so I bought so new "office" clothes. In March I started losing weight.. and now even the clothes I bought a month or so ago are too big. And work clothes are expensive!

I was in a 16 bottom and XL top when I bought all my work clothes, Now I am in a 12 bottom and a M top. Needless to say, its frustrating.. but in a good way.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options

I have the same question.. what is NSV? "Neat sailor vests?" :tongue:

LOL
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That is great!
  • jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    All successful weight loss folks end up commando in the long run.

haaaa
  • raindance_maggie
    Options
    All my shorts and jeans are baggy now. So, I just pretend I'm a 17 year old inner city youth and let em hang down.

*high five*
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    for things other than undies, consider 2nd hand shops. I know that I've donated at least 13 bags of clothes over the past 10 months when I was literally downsizing myself. I have more sizes to go and I can see the empty hangars in the closet now, but It's a great feeling knowing that you are helping people and getting a tax break.

If other people give away stuff like I did, you could do very well in there for cheaply.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    :)

I got an advertisement for Lane Bryant panties on sale....I threw it out because I will be DARNED if I am going to buy anything tha wont fit me in 6 months.
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    LOL my underpants and workout pants were fallling down yesterday while I was exercising. I think this is a good NSV, but I love buying new smaller clothes.
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    Thrift stores.... yard sales, friend hand-me-downs....

The one thing I hate is all my pricey Lane Bryant bras are now getting too BIG .... and I missed their semi sale :(

I was actually sad that I no longer fit Lane Bryant bras, they are my fav place to buy bras that are beautiful and fit larger breasts sizes.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    All successful weight loss folks end up commando in the long run.

Bwhahaha!!!
  • slbeall
    slbeall Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow! What an issue to have. Go get some sexy ones now.
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    LOL my underpants and workout pants were fallling down yesterday while I was exercising. I think this is a good NSV, but I love buying new smaller clothes.

Me Too! I'm going shopping tonight!