Replies

• aoife_griffin
    aoife_griffin Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    A hairdresser, I still want to be one - but I work in a creche
  • chazsucks
    chazsucks Posts: 170
    Options
    I wanted to be a vet, then a veterinary nurse, then a doctor, then a midwife

I'm now a student midwife :)
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    A lawyer. But that dream changed when I took government in HS.

Now since I've worked in construction for almost 10 years, I want to go back to school for Civil Engineering.
  • schmetterling1
    schmetterling1 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    As a child I wanted to be a elementary teacher, became and Early Childhood Educator. Now I'm a stay at home mom. Still I wonder what it would be like to play in an orchestra. Played the flute in high school and loved it.:heart:
  • islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    A detective/crime-fighter. :) Instead I'm saving the world with my superhero mom abilities while making A's in school. ha ;)
  • ShyGirl89
    ShyGirl89 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It always changed for me
    I went from wanting to be a cartoonist (can't draw) to being an actress (too shy) to being a Vet, a detective/spy (Harriet the Spy was my favorite movie as a kid), a marine biologist and a mermaid (I loved the water). The one that stuck around the longest was being a creative writer. I have a million short stories I've written since I was 7 that probably no one will ever get the chance to read. Now though, I want to be a Japanese Translator/Interpreter and still do writing.
  • kristalfrissy
    kristalfrissy Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    a dancer. Not ballet or anything but like a backup hiphop dancer or something like that. goofy but true
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    There are a few things Ive always wanted to be

-DJ
    -Astronaut
    -A detective
    -Stripper
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be a writer and I am.

I also wanted to be an actress and a dancer and I'm not.
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    I wanted to be a rapper. But besides that I always wanted to be a firefighter.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Marine Biologist. I make do with a marine tropical fish aquarium now - clownfish etc.

I'd still like to take my diving qualifications though.
  • bellyake3
    bellyake3 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    AWWWEEEESSOOMMEEE!!!
  • NurseCarolyn2014
    Options
    As a child growing up I was a dancer and wanted to become a dance teacher. At 20 I opened up my own dance studio, did that for 20 years. I loved it but I wanted a change.......long story short, I registered for nursing school........shortly after registering my mom found my kindergarden yearbook and the teacher asked things like "favourite food, colour and what do you want to be when you grow up?"...........there it was beside my name "nurse"...........huh, I guess I always knew, I just forgot!! :)
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    A clown lol then a comedian then a veternarian then a therapist, i turned out to be a full time mom. :)

So basically you are now all of the above :)
  • sunsportsmom
    sunsportsmom Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Okay I'm showing my age here --
    I wanted to play professional basketball with the New York Knicks -- play with Earl the Pearl Dave DeBusschere, Bill Bradley, Walt Frazier, Willis Reed...... only 3 things stopped me -- I was 12, a girl and 5'6" (still am - a girl and 5'6').
    When that reality set in --it was an author, inventor, forest ranger.
    Well I didn't have money for college so I went to nursing school instead, When I finally did go to college, I got an information systems degree so now I'm a computer geek.
    But I think I really want to be a comedian, or a nurse practitioner/physician assistant, maybe a farmer.
    I'll probably just start playing the lottery so I can be a millionaire and do all the things on my list.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Bi! :bigsmile:

So much more choice and women can be so confusing. Alas men do nothing for me at all :laugh:
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to become a midwife. And that's what I'll become. :D
  • DalexD
    DalexD Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bi! :bigsmile:

So much more choice and women can be so confusing. Alas men do nothing for me at all :laugh:

Agree x1000!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    The female equivalent of Stephen King, and also a veterinarian and an artist.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    A writer, a librarian and an English teacher...