SWEATING

Options
How important is sweating when you workout?

Replies

• poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    If you don't sweat you're not working hard enough I.m.o.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Interested to see these answers. I don't sweat much and I fell like I am working my butt off.
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I know I have been dripping when I work out...so to me it means that something has to be happening!
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Its not that important to me, but I actually like the feel of it because then I know I'm burning calories and I'm doing some work.
  • lilmzzgreeneyez
    lilmzzgreeneyez Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i feel that if you arent working out hard enough to sweat some and get your heartbeat up some then you arent working out hard at all. I can start my workout slow and speed up some and I am also sweating by 5 or so minutes into it (like on the treadmill or elliptical) and it takes maybe 5 minutes in zumba class. but it doesnt mean you have to be drenched in sweat like i get to be sometimes lmao...
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I sweat just thinking about working out.
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m23nrt9TJp1qzz4z4o1_1280.jpg

That's what I keep reminding myself.
  • VonBadass
    VonBadass Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Some people just don't sweat as much. I personally sweat like a pig in church, but when I am dehydrated, I am bone dry. SO lack of sweating could be a hydration issue OR you just aren't a sweater.

I have a couple of friends that can work out harder than me and I still look like a drowned rat and all they need is to reset their ponytails!
  • Jamie2007
    Jamie2007 Posts: 169
    Options
    I guess some people sweat more than others, but if my heart rate is in or above the zone - I'm sweating!
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's important in that it's your body's way of cooling you off when you might otherwise overheat, but it's not an indication of how many calories you're burning. You should be breaking a sweat when you work out but it's not like being drenched in sweat means you had a better workout or will see better results than if you only sweat a little - it just varies person to person.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Sweat is your body needing to cool itself off.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Can being able to sweat be a nsv? I used to not sweat hardly at all no matter how hard worked. I would get hot, red faced, feel faint, breath hard...but not sweat. Over the last year I've started to sweat a lot and the sweat starts early in my workout. My friend who is a trainer said that as you work out more and eat healthier...the body starts to work more efficiently.

I believe it. I eat really healthy, excersize eveyrday....and now I can sweat up a storm. I love it.
  • WhatAgirl_
    WhatAgirl_ Posts: 151 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I actually just don't swear much in general. I can do loads of cardio and get my heart racing, I'll feel it and all but don't sweat too much. ;p
  • TeraMarieD
    TeraMarieD Posts: 55
    Options
    Not everyone sweats the same. I remember when I was a teenager I used to pass out because I never sweat so my body could not cools itself down. Then one summer I worked in a super hot glass factory and I started sweating, weird. Now I break a sweat while working out, but like I said I did not always. Does your face your get red or your skin get flush? Are you drinking enough water? I would rely on your heart rate and how you really feel after a workout. You can tell when you are really working it and when you are slacking off.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Amen brother! I am a sweaty girl!

P.s. that means I am in good shape!
    Read.....
    http://www.qualityhealth.com/fitness-exercise-articles/what-your-sweating-says-about-your-fitness-level
  • LittleLolita
    Options
    When I exercise, I work hard (so says my HRM), but I don't sweat much if at all. It's strange.
    And on the rare occasion that I do sweat, it makes me itch so I guess it's a good thing that I don't really sweat.
  • 1LRoy
    1LRoy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I never used to sweat much. Then I started drinking more water and all the sudden I sweat like I'm trying to drown myself. Gross, but it also makes me feel like I kicked major butt in my workout!

Some people sweat more than others, but if you don't sweat much or at all then either 1) you may not be pushing yourself hard enough, 2) you may be dehydrated, or 3) you may have one of several health conditions that affects sweating (if you are concerned, see your doctor).
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I actually just don't swear much in general.

Oh, I do lots of that while I'm working out too. :D
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I sweat a lot. Even if I'm not working that hard. So.. I guess for me, sweating hard is the way I know I'm working hard. If I'm drenched at the end of a workout, I know I pushed myself to my limit. And screw anyone who judges people for looking beat as hell after working out! I embrace my beet-red face and disgustingly drenched shirt! :laugh: