I remember when...

Options
I remember when...losing 10lbs was the highlight of my day. :flowerforyou:
No I'm just a few lbs shy of losing 50. :heart:

does anyone else have an "I remember when.." story?

Replies

• BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    That is awesome and such an inspiration. I back on the weight loss journey. I can't wait to until I can say I've lost 80 pounds. Keep it up girl.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I remember when I went to the beach and wasn't wearing a shirt for the first time in, well, ever :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I remember when the physical therapist had me do 10 push ups on the wall with my feet 2 feet away and I cried.

Now I can do 5 good full out push ups
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I remember when 20 mins of exercise made me feel like I was going to die. On Monday I did 1hr of cardio and it felt awesome when I was done!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I broke into a sweat just getting my children ready for daycare.
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I remember when horizontal stripes were the devil! :angry: .........I've worn them 3 days in a row this week! :heart:
  • sleitner
    sleitner Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would leave a fitting room in tears:cry:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I had to sit down to polish my toenails.
    My clothing choices were the blue pants or the blue jeans.
    I shopped at Catherine's or the Avenue (out grew Lane Bryant :sad: ).
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: i remember when i spent my free time sitting alone on my couch, eating, watching tv, eating, doing puzzles, eating.:ohwell: :ohwell:
    and i was a teenager!:cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    ....I didn't get winded when I walked up the stairs, tried to shave my legs in the shower, played with my kids. I remember running and playing and pulling on a size 6 pair of jeans and they were too big. I remember when I didn't beat myself up everytime I ate something I wasn't really supposed to.
    :mad: :explode: :brokenheart: :grumble: :sad: :embarassed:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    I remember when the thought of eating less than 2200 calories seemed not only difficult but near impossible.

My calories are down to 1590 (to lose 2 pounds a week) and I'm not having any trouble keeping within them. I moved it down because I was having trouble eating enough for my 1860 limit (losing 1.5 pounds a week) so I figured I'd try the 2 pound one and see what happens. So far I'm good.

I remember when coming home meant going straight to the kitchen and opening the fridge. I still do that, but I grab a bottle of water instead of a snack.

I remember when I would circle the parking lot looking for the closest parking spot so I didn't have to walk so far. Today I parked in the furthest lot, the furthest row.

And I took the two flights of stairs with my 15 pound bookbag up to class instead of the elevator.
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I thought I could eat whatever I wanted...ha ha, not so.

I remember when I thought losing weight would be really, really hard. It has actually been a lot easier than I thought it would be. :happy:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I remember when I used to have heartburn every day because I ate such crap. Now, I eat mostly healthy...but even if I indulge, it's not nearly like it used to be.

I remember when I couldn't walk up just a few steps -let alone, a whole flight- without getting winded. Now, I walk the three flights of stairs at work every day, multiple times.

I remember going shopping with my thinner friends and only being able to look at accessories in the normal stores because I couldn't wear the clothes. Now, I can go in the "regular stores" and not be embarrassed...AND actually buy some clothes!

I remember not being able to run for even 5 minutes without feeling like I was going to die. I ran my first half marathon almost 3 weeks ago.

I remember just accepting my weight and future health issues as "genetics." Now, I refuse to let myself be a victim. For me, the healthy habits are kicking heredity's rear end.

I'll never, ever forget those things...because I never want to feel like that again.
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I remember saying to a girlfriend:

"My waist measurement is bigger than my hips measurement - WTH??"
    At at that time, my waist measurement was 4" bigger than it is now, and it is smaller than my hips measurement.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I remember when I used to have urgent "restroom issues" because I overate such awful stuff.
    :ohwell:
    I remember when the loose shirt I wore today didn't button so I wore it as a jacket.
    :frown:
    I remember when we first bought a stationary bike last February I couldn't pedal for more than 5 minutes at a time!:noway: Now 45 minutes - 1 hour without stopping is no problem at all.
    :bigsmile:
    I remember when I accidentally bought underwear that was too small so I stashed them in the back of the drawer because I was embarrassed to return them...
    I'm wearing them today!!!!!!!!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Kaylabaila
    Kaylabaila Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    you are such an inspiration. wow...Your right though. and I feel the same way. I can't just accept my weight at "genetic" I can and am taking control. :smile:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I remember the day in April I looked at the scale, thought of how it had been 13 lbs. lighter right after a surgery in January (NOT a weight loss related surgery, BTW) and wondered where I went wrong when I planned to "watch it" and keep those lbs. off.:grumble: :grumble: :cry: :cry:

I also remember the day a few days later when thanks to a google search I found MFP and changed my life forever. I may not make 100 lbs. gone by next April, but even 80 lbs. gone makes a pretty good birthday present!!:drinker: :drinker: Happy birthday to ME!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I remember when I used to have heartburn every day because I ate such crap. Now, I eat mostly healthy...but even if I indulge, it's not nearly like it used to be.

I remember when I couldn't walk up just a few steps -let alone, a whole flight- without getting winded. Now, I walk the three flights of stairs at work every day, multiple times.

I remember going shopping with my thinner friends and only being able to look at accessories in the normal stores because I couldn't wear the clothes. Now, I can go in the "regular stores" and not be embarrassed...AND actually buy some clothes!

I remember not being able to run for even 5 minutes without feeling like I was going to die. I ran my first half marathon almost 3 weeks ago.

I remember just accepting my weight and future health issues as "genetics." Now, I refuse to let myself be a victim. For me, the healthy habits are kicking heredity's rear end.

I'll never, ever forget those things...because I never want to feel like that again.

Shuntae- God we love you woman. amen to all of that.

I remember when I would squeeze into my 48" waist pants because I refused to believe I needed a 50". I am now wearing loose 34".

I remember when I felt embarrased because I had to ask my boss to order me an XXXL shirt. I am now wearing a Medium.

I remember when walking a mile felt like walking 50. Now I am training for the next Triathlon season and won't stop until I complete and Iron Man.

I remember when I blamed it all on genetics and believed I had no hope and had almost accepted the fact that I was "meant" to live a shorter life. Today I know the truth and I will never go back.

You are all so inspirational! Congrats on all you've accomplished.
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    losing weight was so much easier when I was in my 20's and had no children.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I like this thread

I remember when a dinner out was nachos, wings and beer. Now I look at that and see a couple of days worth of calories and shake my head.

I remember whne Pepcid and Advil were regular purchases. Now I don't need them.

I was last this size.... I was a teenager!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!