would you not send a friend request

Options

Replies

• _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of friends on here I gave up on deleting people and a lot of my friends are awesome and we talk all the time. some not as much. but I'm to the point that I only delete people that need to be deleted. like if I have a friend that is being douchcanoe for no reason, sarcastic jerks are fun so I keep them.

I don't think I'm a collector and I don't push my agenda that I'm aware of. I do get drunk some nights and get on and try to stir up trouble sometimes :drinker:
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of friends on here I gave up on deleting people and a lot of my friends are awesome and we talk all the time. some not as much. but I'm to the point that I only delete people that need to be deleted. like if I have a friend that is being douchcanoe for no reason, sarcastic jerks are fun so I keep them.

I don't think I'm a collector and I don't push my agenda that I'm aware of. I do get drunk some nights and get on and try to stir up trouble sometimes :drinker:

bonus for using 'douchecanoe'...I'm gonna take partial credit for that
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    darn my list is too large =( .... but i love all my friends and sometimes sure i don't get to comment on all and yeah some of the other accounts are inactive but I just don't have the heart to delete anyone just yet. Sure my list is long but I do try to stay on top of most my friends.... they are the best after all
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm not a "friend collector" and I don't befriend them either.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

bonus for using 'douchecanoe'...I'm gonna take partial credit for that

you can take full credit, I usually call people asshats, but you broadened my horizons today :wink:
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of people who I would love to be buddies with but when I see their friends list is +200, I hesitate to send a friend request because I don't feel like they would want me as a buddy. I keep up with 14 buddies and I couldn't imagine keeping up with 200. I try to support all of my friends and am very interactive and feel like I might be lost in the activity.

you can rachel. i have 200+ friends but when i see them online, i certainly cheer them on. it just obviously as much as a i woukd with a smaller list.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I don't care about numbers either. If I notice a cool name or tattoo or something funny I probably request them. I have only removed a couple people. I try to go through and comment on all my friends that post and there are a few I PM alot :flowerforyou:
    I always enjoy your threads and comments always get me to really lol.
    Have a great night!!!!!!!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept everyone, but if I get no interaction after a week, I'm more apt to drop the person with a large FL. Mostly, because it seems like a collection effort by them and not that they actually wanted to get to know me.

Exactly. I just cut 3 pages today. I don't want to be "that guy". But I do accept everyone at first.
  • cmthorsness
    cmthorsness Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I accept them all. Don't even look at their list. Rarely delete but if they never log in I delete. Yes I do interact with my friends.. Well the ones who interact with me.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Never thought about that or even notice really, I accept all and if I see someone I'd like to be friends with, I'll send a req no matter how many friends they have.........
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    doesnt really mean anything to me - friends are friends :)

^ This.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hesitate to add those with hundreds of friends. I figure they won't have time to interact or I'd be a burden to someone who's already overburdened by having so many on their friendslist. I have added a few with large friendslists and it's worked out well. But it took me awhile to finally hit that add as friend button after pondering it over for a long time.

But I'm also kind of shy and am in general hesitant to add people. Huge friends lists just give me the excuse to close the window. There's a lot of people I'd really like to add but haven't cause I'm shy.

edited to add: If a person requesting me has a large friendslist, it has no bearing whatsoever on my accepting their request. I just don't generally put the request out there.
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I would not send a request because you would never comment on my status. There is no way anyone can keep up with a bunch of friends. After after while it stops being fun and starts becoming work if you have so many. So you may stop commenting on everyone.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    size doesn't matter, so I am told
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept everyone, but if I get no interaction after a week, I'm more apt to drop the person with a large FL. Mostly, because it seems like a collection effort by them and not that they actually wanted to get to know me.

I have a large FL, I don't see it as a collection effort, I genuinely like to encourage people. What does get to me though is the people who want you to be their friend and encourage them in their joourney, but they do not recipricate and are all take and no give, like some on my FL.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm not a "friend collector" and I don't befriend them either.

QFT. I been using this site for 2 years now and noticed a huge change in the direction of the community. It has become "Facebookish" I only friend people who are open to constructive criticism and who truly want to change their lives for the better. Sharing is caring and stay healthy my friends :wink:
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about adding people with huge friends lists and have found that those that do often provide more and better feedback than those with fewer friends

Also, with people with lots of friends you get to see their conversations on their news feeds. I've learnt a lot about exercise an nutrition from these conversations, even when I've not participated in the conversation myself.

Finally I'd like to say that I have friended a few people because it makes it easier to see and find their forum posts. These are people that I have seen posting several times and I respect their opinions. Often with these people I have little to zero social interaction; I'm happy with that and they seem to be happy also.
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When someone FR me, I do check them out first. I think that most people who already have large FL aren't really looking to add new friends, I think it's new people and that they go looking to add a bunch of friends a soon a they join so when we first became friends they didn't have a large FL but that quickly changed a my wall fills up with everybodies' notification "So-N- So is now friends with Somebody Else".
    I don't mind other people having as many friends as they want but it does make me start to wonder about their motives ie: am I just there to be one of their many fans?
    To me, if you are on my FL then you are there to interact with... Personally, I cannot realistically interact with that many people... I guess I could if it was completely superficial but these lives have genuine meaning and I truly care about how my "friends" are doing.
    :)
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    It can be a little daunting, especially if you have a very low FL count. You’re never quite sure if they are friend spammers or the really cool kids.
    I dont like to think I'm missing out on anything ,ever lol :noway:
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yes because it makes me doubt we'd talk much , so there's not really any point.